Oatmeal

Options
13»

Replies

• misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal for lunch at work. I measure up about 35-40g of oats before I leave home, bring with me. I add hot water, sugar (comes in ready packets of 6g), cinnamon, chop up an apple, pear or other fruit if I have it, maybe eat it with some almonds. It is tasty, and it fills me up. :)
  • megslegs1928
    megslegs1928 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat it everyday too. I LOVE IT! I usually add blueberries to mine.
    Same here!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats are oat groats that have been steamed and flattened with a roller. Instant oats are steel cut oats that have gone through a longer steaming and flattening process than the rolled oats.

That means cooked, then dried out. Whether or not that affects how the body uses them I don't know.
  • greghurley3950
    Options
    Oatmeal has soluble fiber which is extremely good for digestion and heart health. A tiny amount of soluble fiber gets into your blood stream and over a long period of time, will help clean arteries. You can also get soluble fiber from avocados.
  • scotts87
    scotts87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I also love my oatmeal, though I didn't always. My routine consists of Quaker Reduced Sugar instant oatmeal during the week. Its a quick breakfast, and fills me up until lunch when I have some fruit with it, or maybe a mid-AM banana. Each packet is 120 calories. Then on the weekends, I LOVE to take the time to make steel cut oats. I like mine with cinnamon, and about 20g of raw honey. Side of fresh blueberries....YUM!! Nice way to start off a Sat or Sun.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Only strange people don't love oatmeal. ;)

It bores me. But I AM strange.
  • syam3000
    Options
    I effin love oatmeal.