Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you know how your organs work?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    Anyone curious what the other 80-something posts are like? I really miss the function where you could click and see a user's other posts.

The new search feature lets you search by user name, if you're curious.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Anyone curious what the other 80-something posts are like? I really miss the function where you could click and see a user's other posts.

you can search for a users name and they come up :)

also 413909.gif

• davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member

I do too! I loved that feature.

My guess is that the other 80 are pretty much exactly the same.

• shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    kaseyr1505 wrote: »
    I know my head bone is connected to my knee bones..

wait, that's not right. My knee bones are connected to my neck bones.

So sorry to read of your physical challenges :\ But you have a GREAT attitude . . . and that's all that really matters!!! Keep smiling :flowerforyou:
  • lavenderphoenix
    lavenderphoenix Posts: 48 Member
    Whether we know how organs work or not at least you've given us all a better understanding of the effect of drugs on the human brain. I can't view your diary but I'm assuming you had crack on toast for breakfast....
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Oops, not the organs I was wanting to read about :tongue:
  • diannethegeek
    Two types of food in USA. Food that makes the brain stimulated to eat more from your tongue . And food that nourishes the body from nature.

You claim Slimfast and diet soda as your craving busters on other threads. Those aren't from nature. I'm not sure if you see the contradiction here.
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Two types of food in USA. Food that makes the brain stimulated to eat more from your tongue . And food that nourishes the body from nature.

You claim Slimfast and diet soda as your craving busters on other threads. Those aren't from nature. I'm not sure if you see the contradiction here.

You are absolutely right! I'm not perfect
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    From Wikipedia:
    The pipe organ is a musical instrument commonly used in churches or cathedrals that produces sound by driving pressurized air (called wind) through pipes selected via a keyboard. Because each organ pipe produces a single pitch, the pipes are provided in sets called ranks, each of which has a common timbre and volume throughout the keyboard compass. Most organs have multiple ranks of pipes of differing timbre, pitch and loudness that the player can employ singly or in combination through the use of controls called stops.

Very informative article.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Oh..... organs..... never mind, I'm out.
  • margolinville

You are absolutely right! I'm not perfect
    Just trying like everyone to live in 2015 with all the roadblocks to a healthy me.
  • margolinville
    From Wikipedia:
    The pipe organ is a musical instrument commonly used in churches or cathedrals that produces sound by driving pressurized air (called wind) through pipes selected via a keyboard. Because each organ pipe produces a single pitch, the pipes are provided in sets called ranks, each of which has a common timbre and volume throughout the keyboard compass. Most organs have multiple ranks of pipes of differing timbre, pitch and loudness that the player can employ singly or in combination through the use of controls called stops.

Very informative article.

Nice!
  • margolinville
    Whether we know how organs work or not at least you've given us all a better understanding of the effect of drugs on the human brain. I can't view your diary but I'm assuming you had crack on toast for breakfast....

Hey Thanks for making me laugh! You are the greatest! Have a Fun Day!
  • margolinville

Hey it works for me! A game plan what is yours!
    I'm not perfect That's why I am overweight! Have a Fun Day! Much success!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

:huh:
  • margolinville
    usmcmp wrote: »

So food that is made in a factory can't be used for nourishment in your body? Could I please see a study done that proves this? (A scientific study, not a random website or blog).

Do you Crave eating doughnuts or oranges.
    Can you eat Just 1 potato chip or just 1 apple.
    Take a look at what you like to eat most and can't control yourself.

I do not crave eating anything specific. I can eat just one chip. One chip also, has far less calories than one apple.

Now, can I please get that study that shows our bodies do not get any nourishment from foods made in a factory.

Oh I don't have a study link for you! I just know I like to eat a lot of junk food and have a lot of cravings so that's why I am overweight! Maybe I eat to much high calorie manufactured food.
    Thanks so much for your conversation

It's because you eat too many calories from food overall. Many manufactured foods can be calorie dense, but they can still be part of a well rounded diet and will not keep you from losing weight.

You are right on target! I eat far to much of everything! Love counting calories and digital scales!
  • margolinville
    randomtai wrote: »
    Wtf? :huh:

Hey ... let's laugh a little today!
  • diannethegeek

Okay, I think maybe you're missing my point. Let me see if I can boil this down to the very basics.

Foods made in factories don't necessarily automatically cause you to crave more.
    Foods made in factories still nourish the body.
    Foods made in factories aren't bad.

My strategy is to eat foods that I like in portion sizes that fit in my calorie, macro, and micro goals. Sometimes this includes a lot of natural foods and occasionally I fit in a lot of processed foods. It worked pretty well for me. I'm now in maintenance.

• margolinville

I'm not perfect! But it works for me! What works for you! Let's have fun today!
  • margolinville

Cracked Wheat toast!