Scrambled Egg Muffins

Options

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bumping this

what other things do you all like to put? I want to make some of these to take to work for breakfast
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i love these, i spray my tin with 1 cal spray and they just pop right out.

I add whatever i have on hand, asparagus, brocolli, chopped up mini sausage (the kids perperami style snacks!), tomatoes, spring onions, then a shaving of cheese on top...

• sprucey85
    sprucey85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    These are brilliant! I have 2 muffins for breakfast and I never feel hungry in the morning.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I made these a few years back when I was on my diet kick. I haven't tried recently, but I'm waiting to get myself some silicone muffin cups because I ruined a muffin tin previously. I think this time around I would add more veggies and canadian bacon or regular bacon. I like to get close to 30g of protein in at breakfast!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Wanted the eggs until I saw the salad that was posted and now I want that instead lol
  • chubber231
    chubber231 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    So giving the muffins ago tonight for breakfast tomorrow they look so yummy
  • kaylalewis2323
    kaylalewis2323 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Amazing idea! Will have to give this a try for an easy breakfast. Quick question: I don't have a microwave, do you think reheating these in the oven would cause them to dry out?
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Also glad someone shared the lid trick. My boyfriend taught me that one three years ago. I couldn't make an omelette before then either. Can't eat an omelette on the way to work though! I'm hoping someone can share some insight on oven reheating and then I'm totally making these babies on my next grocery trip because I'm currently out of eggs.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    Amazing idea! Will have to give this a try for an easy breakfast. Quick question: I don't have a microwave, do you think reheating these in the oven would cause them to dry out?

I haven't tried reheating them in the oven. Maybe just wrap in foil.

• SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nice! Also, protip, if it hasn't been mentioned yet: you can totally make omelets in a waffle iron.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! Making these tomorrow for sure!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    42carrots wrote: »
    So I experimented with this recipe a little bit more and this came out with really good results. It's completely crammed with vegetables to the point where I thought it wouldn't turn out, but somehow it does, and tastes kind of amazing. This recipe makes 6 pretty big sized muffins at only 125 calories each. So you can eat 3 of them at a time and it comes in at under 400 calories, even though they look and taste like they should each have that much. If you wanted to make them a little more substantial you could use more sausage and/or eggs (veggie or real, whatever you like to eat) and just cut out a bit of veg, sprinkling more cheese on top would probably be great, too. Oh, and I'd highly recommend getting a silicone muffin pan, I have a couple 6 muffin pans and I don't even need to use any kind of oil to grease them, the muffins mostly just come right out.

jell9vf0emmc.jpg

Wow, some seriously awesome variety of ingredients in these!!! Beat they taste fab :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    ^^ I just ordered them on Amazon, links below. They were Prime items, so I got them in 2 days. :)

mini muffin pan
    full size muffin pan
    loaf pan

Also, these pans are not ridgid. When transferring then to the oven you have to be careful, or put them on a cookie sheet.

@mygnsac Still happy with the silicone pans you purchased? Also when you use the term 'full size' muffin pan, you mean the regular muffin size NOT the giant muffin ones like they sell in the store? I have to order them but am looking forward to purchasing some on Amazon. How're the loaf pans working out for you? What you have you used them for thus far?

Wanted to say... I love coming back to this thread occasionally, it was a fun thread and I like to bump it every so often so others can learn some new fun egg ideas! ;) So I appreciate you posting it originally!
  • snowguy75
    snowguy75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Use Blackforest ham slices for muffin cups...no need to grease and tastes amazing
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    snowguy75 wrote: »
    Use Blackforest ham slices for muffin cups...no need to grease and tastes amazing

Yum! ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I rarely get excited about the recipes people post. Either too much for me, or annoying substitutes. Definitely into this though.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I rarely get excited about the recipes people post. Either too much for me, or annoying substitutes. Definitely into this though.

I know right?! So versatile... and fun! :)