MARCH 2015 Walk/run/bike Challenge

Options

Replies

• jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge :D

March 2nd, 2015: 4.7 miles using the elliptical and it took 1:00:17.

Total miles for March: 4.7 miles.
  • jan112
    jan112 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This sounds like just what I need :)
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    In for another month.
    3/1 - 4.33 miles

Total = 4.33
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU jesiann. I was trying too keep up with all the questions...IF EVERYONE would go back and read the FIRST POST on this forum I think that would explain. I will try again...IF YOU WANT TOO JOIN AND YOU'VE SAID YOU'RE IN THEN YOU ARE JOINED!

As jesiann said you do your exercise, you come here and log what you've done. You can do it daily or weekly. OUR GOAL is too reach at least 100 miles per person this month...
    Machka9 wrote: »
    LaceyRuth wrote: »
    100 miles collectively, or per participant?

This would be a good daily challenge ... in another thread.

To see if we as a group could cover 100 miles per day using any human powered activity such as cycling, walking, running, kayaking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, swimming ...
    Machka9 IF you dont want too do it the way we do it here then you COULD start your own Thread with what you would like too do. It is ok. Several years ago when I joined this particular way was done by another person. She then suggested I take it over and I did. It will not hurt my feelings IF you want too change it in another thread and IF other people want too follow you.

FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE BEEN HERE FOR MONTHS we will CONTINUE too do it the way we have for awhile now....

• jeanniewes
    Options
    WOWZA Jeannie! Check out this group! Looking GOOD, guys! I fell a wee bit short for February but I'm blaming the guy who made the month so short... HA!

Let's get this party started! B)

3.31 miles
    ha ha....you are soooooooooo FUNNY! Miss our 'gruff'....messaged him. Sent you a message jesiann...

• Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I do about 3 miles a day already so I will say here and now my goal will be 150 By foot, more if I score a good bike and some nice weather :)
  • buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1st March 3.17 miles walking
    2nd March 2.46 miles walk to work and 3.44 miles walking pm (5.90)
    Total 9.07 miles
  • jahmanrv
    jahmanrv Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Normally don't do cardio on Strength training days, but did today. Felt great!!

3/1 - 3.30 miles walking Treadmill
    3/2 - 4.10 Elliptical Machine
    Total: 7.40
  • ElFantasma57
    ElFantasma57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In London on business, avoided the tube and walked from Waterloo, along The Strand, up Fleet Street to finance consultants near Chancery Lane - a 4km round trip bringing me up to 9.1km.
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    March 2nd -

26 miles, spin bike.
    Total - 32.5 miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Everyone is off too a great start! (*)

SUNSHINE here today and temps 49F. Husband, girls and I managed 4.0 miles.
    Short exercise bike ride today.....4.2 miles...

TOTAL thus far March 2nd..............5.5 walking miles...
    .....................................................13.4 Exercise Bike miles.....

• Kimeree40
    Kimeree40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,980 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jeanniewes wrote: »
    Machka9 IF you dont want too do it the way we do it here then you COULD start your own Thread with what you would like too do. It is ok. Several years ago when I joined this particular way was done by another person. She then suggested I take it over and I did. It will not hurt my feelings IF you want too change it in another thread and IF other people want too follow you.

FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE BEEN HERE FOR MONTHS we will CONTINUE too do it the way we have for awhile now....

No need to shout at me (posting in caps is shouting). :)
    I wasn't suggesting that I didn't like the way you do it here. I was just making the comment that if it were 100 miles as a group, rather than individually ... as a group we could easily knock off 100 miles in one day ... not one month. We seem to be quite an active group here. :)

And perhaps the 100 miles in a day might be an interesting challenge for another thread if someone were interested in starting it. I have noticed there are several challenge threads here.

• Tazziet31
    Tazziet31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds like what I need with some support! Great idea I'm in :-)
  • WithResilience
    WithResilience Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Just what I needed today! I was feeling like I wanted to "belong" and now I get to do just that. I don't know what I did yesterday so I'm going to have to figure that out and report tomorrow. Today I did 5 miles on the stair stepper machine 3/2/2015.

Can anyone suggest a step counter app for my android?

Thanks!
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm in.
    March 2,
    Treadmill 3.6 miles
    Brisk walk 1.25 miles
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    March
    1- 0
    2- 14 miles- road bike on trainer, 47 minutes
  • marjikaparji
    marjikaparji Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm joining today! (Total so far: 2.77 Miles)

03/01 - 0.75 mile Walking
    03/02 - 2.02 miles, Beggining Run Training (22 minutes walking, 8 minutes jogging)
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am in again this month. I didn't do to well last month but am going to try harder.The weather is getting warmer so hopefully we can get outside for more walking
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • Kimeree40
    Kimeree40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    March 2 5 miles