FITBIT what counters do you have??? what do u think of SURGE!??

Hi all i dont have Fitbit counter but i want one soon. I was thinking Surge!! what do you think?? which fB counters are the best out there?

Replies

• nicolewells3
    nicolewells3 Posts: 2 Member
    I just got a surge yesterday! I did have a flex - but given I do more gym work than walking it wasn't overly helpful. The surge is good as it has the heart rate monitor function. I haven't given it a good workout yet. Tomorrow I'll be getting into it :smile:
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    I just got a surge yesterday! I did have a flex - but given I do more gym work than walking it wasn't overly helpful. The surge is good as it has the heart rate monitor function. I haven't given it a good workout yet. Tomorrow I'll be getting into it :smile:

Please let me know if it's worth buying. How would it know if u are just doing normal thing like bathroom
  • babybellyfat
    What do I think of it?
  • nutty192
    nutty192 Posts: 50 Member
    I am thinking about the misfit, because it is the only one suitable for swimming. Anyone know ifit works and is useful?
  • Megais
    Megais Posts: 28 Member
    nutty192 wrote: »
    I am thinking about the misfit, because it is the only one suitable for swimming. Anyone know ifit works and is useful?

According to what I've read it's also one of the better trackers for cycling. I'd love to hear from anyone who's using a misfit :-)
  • melnikn
    melnikn Posts: 41 Member
    I have the flex but definitely think to move up to something better w more options. It is good motivation to get moving more.
  • babybellyfat
    I have not heard of that one!! It would be good if i get that too because i do tons of biking and swimming in the summer.
    Megais wrote: »

According to what I've read it's also one of the better trackers for cycling. I'd love to hear from anyone who's using a misfit :-)

• babybellyfat
    Misfit Flash: Offers all the same features as the Misfit Shine (described below), but for half the price. Read my Misfit Flash review here >
    Misfit Shine: Capable of swim tracking. It will record your time spent swimming, though to do so, you must first use the app to notify the device that you're about to start swimming and then you must indicate the start time of the activity by tapping the Shine when you begin. Rather than reporting number of strokes, the Shine reports "points" -- a unit they created to tally effort across various exercises. After quite some time searching, I was able to find a Shine reviewer who actually took one for a swim and reported back. While that user found that the band did not accurately capture swim intensity, I strapped my Shine onto my ankle and gave it a go in my pool, and found that it worked perfectly. I also tried strapping it to my arm, and again, found it to be quite accurate. The Shine also tracks walking, running, cycling, and sleeping, and uses the data to determine calories burned and miles travelled. It can be worn in myriad ways, including as a clip, necklace, wrist band, and more; when swimming, the Misfit Shine should be worn on the wrist. Syncs wirelessly. Compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows phones. You can read more on this site's Misfit Shine page >
  • babybellyfat
    this looks liek a good one

Amiigo: The Amiigo will be able to identify your swimming style, count the number of arm strokes you make, and how many laps you complete. In addition to this, the Amiigo will recognize other activities (walking, running, cycling, and can learn to recognize other activities), and capture resting heart rate, body temperature, sleep, calories burned, and number of steps in a day. For Android and iOS. It is waterproof and syncs via bluetooth low energy.

• Sammi1244
    Sammi1244 Posts: 85 Member

I do. I tried so many (expensive to cheap) and of all, I love my Misfit Flash most. I am hoping to try out the Basis Peak (if it ever comes back in stock) and the Up3, if it ever makes it to the market. But for now, I am VERY happy with the Misfit Flash. If you have a Misfit, add me as a friend: sammi1244 :smiley:

Happy Fitness!!
  • Sammi1244
    Misfit Flash: Offers all the same features as the Misfit Shine (described below), but for half the price. Read my Misfit Flash review here >
    Misfit Shine: Capable of swim tracking. It will record your time spent swimming, though to do so, you must first use the app to notify the device that you're about to start swimming and then you must indicate the start time of the activity by tapping the Shine when you begin. Rather than reporting number of strokes, the Shine reports "points" -- a unit they created to tally effort across various exercises. After quite some time searching, I was able to find a Shine reviewer who actually took one for a swim and reported back. While that user found that the band did not accurately capture swim intensity, I strapped my Shine onto my ankle and gave it a go in my pool, and found that it worked perfectly. I also tried strapping it to my arm, and again, found it to be quite accurate. The Shine also tracks walking, running, cycling, and sleeping, and uses the data to determine calories burned and miles travelled. It can be worn in myriad ways, including as a clip, necklace, wrist band, and more; when swimming, the Misfit Shine should be worn on the wrist. Syncs wirelessly. Compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows phones. You can read more on this site's Misfit Shine page >

I totally agree! I tried so many (expensive to cheap) and of all, I love my Misfit Flash most. I am a big swimmer, so waterproof was very important for me. I am hoping to try out the Basis Peak (if it ever comes back in stock) and the Up3, if it ever makes it to the market. But for now, I am VERY happy with the Misfit Flash. If you have a Misfit, add me as a friend: sammi1244 :smiley:

Happy Fitness!!
  • Sammi1244
    this looks liek a good one

Amiigo: The Amiigo will be able to identify your swimming style, count the number of arm strokes you make, and how many laps you complete. In addition to this, the Amiigo will recognize other activities (walking, running, cycling, and can learn to recognize other activities), and capture resting heart rate, body temperature, sleep, calories burned, and number of steps in a day. For Android and iOS. It is waterproof and syncs via bluetooth low energy.
    I forgot about the Amiigo...I am interested in this one too!!
  • babybellyfat
    Im debating its SURGE or amiigo!!! mmm
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    I have the One, my husband loves the Surge.
  • rhirhi715
    rhirhi715 Posts: 13
    i got my surge yesterday after much deliberation over this or the garmin vivo smart,full of flu so havent had a chance to really test it yet :(
  • nutty192
    nutty192 Posts: 50 Member
    I love my misfit flash, but the android app is not much good.
  • babybellyfat
    Ahh which toooo pick