Starting on 3/1/15. Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• danielives
    danielives Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Look what you started jcampitelli, good job. I am in as well. Looking to lose 10 lbs hoping to lose 2 or more lbs a week. I agree not a race a half marathon for me. The struggle is real. Keep up the good work
  • Spaniel5
    Spaniel5 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Got home last evening, fixed dinner for the family, did two loads of laundry, set up and performed my own circuit workout. Chased my son up the stairs for laughing at me. I feel energized today!! the office challenge is going well. Today I have challenged the other ladies to laps around the building during lunch. Weather permitting. Want to lose 10 lbs and build muscle. I used to have abs...looking for those again.
  • GoBrianGo
    GoBrianGo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My situation is excellent for doing a water fast so I am going for it. A cleanse, the weight loss, an energy boost, a system reset and a life adjustment. Hey, joining this group has been a great motivator, so a big "high 5" to every one of you.
    I've water fasted before and I felt great then. I am so looking forward to this! I am ready!
    I found this site and it has been a great push for me, too.
    http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/water-fasting-for-weight-loss.html
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting for like the 3rd time also. Setting my goal at 5-8 lbs this month. Need help kicking the coffee creamer habit. :neutral_face:
  • lndylou
    lndylou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got started a day late, but I am official anyway. Lol. Count me in, having backup always helps!!!
  • lndylou
    lndylou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 4 months (minus one day) til wedding day, so this will keep me motivated.

I did that 5 years ago. Looking good in a wedding dress sure helps with motivation! I did it, you can too.
  • tricie_girl
    tricie_girl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am with you!! I would like to lose 15 lbs. We can do this!!
  • GintleSpirit
    GintleSpirit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sh3llbell wrote: »
    ok... why not.. want to lose 5 kgs (11lbs).. that said, have wanted to lose 5 kgs for about 18 months so clearly need motivation and need to be accountable ... what's your number ??

Thank you everyone for the support! I have about 60 pounds to lose. I don't have a particular date in mind to reach my goal. For me, this will be a marathon not a race.

I have found it easier to break my goal down into smaller more manageable portions. This helps tremendously when I am feeling overwhelmed about trying to hit my bigger long term goal.

With that said, for the month of March I am looking to lose ten pounds. I don't think I'm setting the bar too high. I feel like I should be able to meet this goal.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm in.. I've got the same 10lb goal for March =)

I started late February.
  • sheens0011
    sheens0011 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I'm working towards losing 80 lbs....will be a journey for sure, but I'm up for the challenge......feel free to add me, always looking for different meal ideas, I find I get stuck for things to eat that are healthy and where I'm not eating the same things all the time.
  • AliCole
    AliCole Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the key to weight loss is motivation. My doctor says a 60 lb. loss for me is good, I'm going for 80, simply because I want to feel good about my weight again. I've been this size most of my adult life. I'm tired of it.

I've been on MFP for years now and now that I began adding people (friends) it's been better. So I totally understand. If anyone wants to add me, cool.
  • Lizard4280
    Options
    I only want to lose another 10 pounds, but I have lost 81 pounds over 4 years. I start, I stop, I gain a little, I maintain. 20 pounds would be better, but truthfully unrealistic. My goal date is June 15, my birthday!
  • cespinosa1
    Options
    I am in. Trying to lose weight before spring break on March 31st. Little competition between all of us going on who can lose the most. I have about 50 lbs I want to loose total so it will be a slow and steady race for me.
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    More than happy to lend my support.
  • MsJennyffer
    MsJennyffer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    marshamars wrote: »
    I am in! I need to lose 25 lbs...ugh! Anyway, I have my youngest son's wedding to be ready for in May so I need the support and encouragement! Let's do this, we got this, we are going to be successful and we are going to be an inspiration to our family members! May the challenge begin! Happy Sunday to all! :smile:

I'm in! I also have my big brothers wedding to go to at the end of May and would love to lose about 30lbs by then. I also entered a weight loss competition at work yesterday that ends in May.
  • MsJennyffer
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Started yesterday and can use all the motivation and support I can get, I will return the favor :)
  • MsJennyffer
    Options
    I have a Fitbit that tracks my movements and automatically updates MFP.

What gear is everyone else using?

I use the Polar watch that tracks the heart rate and lets me know how many calories I am burning during an activity.
  • tellicampi
    tellicampi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting for like the 3rd time also. Setting my goal at 5-8 lbs this month. Need help kicking the coffee creamer habit. :neutral_face:

I switched to using no creamer and never looked back
  • lglory87
    lglory87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have so much more weight to lose, 10 lbs down, 110 to go! In it for the long haul!
  • kinga_m
    kinga_m Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I need to lose 50 lbs - I am here for the long term. This is my first try so I am not sure when to expect the first really bad day - but will keep trying.
    I decided to lose 8lbs in March - would like to achieve the most I can.
    Motivation for me - and hopefully to some of you as well:

It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Give it 12 weeks! DON’T QUIT!
  • danielives
    danielives Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am having some challenges when i attempt to enter smoothies that i create. It does not let me enter the ingredients and i do not know the nutritional break down any suggestions? For those of you who may have done this plan before. I have some questions for you. When you enter your daily meals and it gives you the estimated weight for the next 5 wks is the accurate? Has it worked for you? I use the total gym and its difficult to enter the exercises anyone using the Total Gym? I am 51- female 165lbs as i stated looking to lose 10lbs is the 1200 calorie daily intake a good idea or should i do 1400. I exercise 5 days per week? If anyone can give suggestion or guidance I would appreciate it. I want to reach my goal and remain healthy. Thanks everyone.