Calling all Cereal Connoiseurs!! What are some healthy AND t

Options
Good Morning all -

I have recently become addicted to Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. I've never been much of a cereal eater, but I actually look forward to waking up and eating it. It's not the worst cereal in the world, but I feel there are definitely better options out there. What I'm hoping you all can help me with is finding a cereal that tastes as good as Honey Bunches of Oat with Almonds, but is more nutritionally viable...for instance, it may have more fiber or protein in it. I always want to get the most nutritional bang for my cals, but especially now that I am pregnant. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• sarahd26
    sarahd26 Posts: 9
    Options
    Fiber One is awesome :) Most Kashi cereals too!
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat cereal, but when I get a craving I'll eat Kashi GoLean. Esp Toasted Berry Crumble in unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 cals/cup) mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • bigbeth_02
    bigbeth_02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    iam addicted to special k with red berries its low in calories and its yummy :0)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    My ABSOLUTE favorite is Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Shredded Wheat... Its lower in sugar, and Packed full of nutrients. The sugar is pure cane juice, and cinnamon.

It is the BEST! I love it. If you want it sweeter than it is I suggest eating it with vanilla soy milk. the soy milk taste like vanilla pudding so it adds a little more sweetness to it, but in my opinion it doesn't need anything!

Its SOOOO GOOD!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Special K chocolate and strawberry is yummy and less than 3% fat - 153 calories per bowl :smile:
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I bought the original Go Lean and it is gross - probably because it doesn't have as much sugar!!
  • smashmay
    smashmay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i love Special K red berries. I recently tried the honey and oats which is delish but the serving size is smaller.
  • mjp202
    mjp202 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion for Kashi Go Lean Crunch, especially the honey almond flax variety. Delicious granola-like taste, high in protein and fiber, very filling.
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Kashi... all of them... they have a crunch and a honey flax or something that might be similar to what you like. We have 5 boxes of different kashi cereal that meet all different taste requirements to grab and go.
  • mcbeattie
    mcbeattie Posts: 1
    Options
    Special K cinnamon and pecan is excellent as well
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kashi - most are high protein and high fiber - yeah! I like Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon or Toasted Oats (think cinnamon cheerios or cheerios) or Honey Sunshine (like a WAAAY less sweet Captain Crunch). I stay away from the Go Lean Crunches (like granola) - very calorie dense, but tasty - and addictive.

I used to eat Special K ORIGINAL because it has lots of protein - very little fiber though. Other Special K's are like regular cereal - the higher protein is missing from these.
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...all of these sound so good. I'm tempted have some for dinner.:smile:
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Special K chocolate and strawberry is yummy and less than 3% fat - 153 calories per bowl :smile:

Those are so good!!!!! I eat them daily.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    iam addicted to special k with red berries its low in calories and its yummy :0)

Going w-Beth on the Special K & multi grain cheerios are good!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I like pretty much all of the Kashi cereals. If I want a light weekend breakfast or snack I go for the Heart to Heart (kinda like Cheerios but with a more oaty taste). And I just recently tried the regular Go Lean. I was intimidated by the picture on the box (it looks very healthy, but not very tasty) and was pleasantly surprised to find that I really like it. It has a nice, lightly sweet graham flavor.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I opt for the cereals with higher fiber.. I like Cheerios Cinnamon burst and Kashi honey sunshine :)
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Anything by Special K or Kashi is a fantastic option. I also, personally, love Total Whole Grain cereral with some fresh fruit like banana, strawberries, and/or blueberries. You could also thrown in a few almond slivers (i.e. - All Natural Almond Accents, which come in various flavors). I have Butter Toffee Glazed and in 1 Tbps. there is only 40 calories and 3 g fat.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    This is the cleanest and most nutritious cereal out there in my book (compare how many ingredients are in this cereal to the others out there and whether they're things you can identify or not): Post Shredded Wheat n' Bran cereal
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax....so yummy, so healthy, and NO high fructose corn syrup!! I was surprised at how many other "healthy" cerseals had high fructose corn syrup. I used to love Honey Bunches of Oates too, but Kashi is far superior in taste and quality! :)
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I've realized that I like some of the Ezekiel 4:9 cereals - especially the cinnamon raisin and the almond. If you need a little extra sweetness I add raisins and/or chocolate flavored almonds for change. I find it in the organic section of the grocery.