Fast Breakfast?

Options
samknopp
samknopp Posts: 6 Member
Hello all!
I have been trying to find some light, healthy breakfast ideas that are quick and easy to make.
I am all go go go in the morning before work and find it hard to find time to make something quick and healthy. Sometimes I'll make a veggie and fruit smoothie, sometimes I'll prep a low calorie breakfast sandwich, and I always keep a little container of almonds to tide me over until lunch.
Does anybody have some good ideas for breakfast that you've tried while you're in a mad dash to your morning commute?

Replies

• kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I premake a lot of meals so that all I have to do is heat them up and go.
  • Nuka_Gina
    Nuka_Gina Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite fast things is a bagel thin sandwhich. The bagel thins have about 110 calories, but they are kind of high in carbs. Then you can put a smear of low fat cream cheese. Sometimes, if I have an extra minute or two I'll fry up in egg (with just the egg and a spray of Pam) to put on the sandwhich. It's really good and less than 400 calories for breakfast!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing when you have no time in the morning is those breakfast egg "muffins". They are like omelettes that you make in a muffin tin with whatever ingredients you like - meats, veggies, eggs, cheese...any combo you like or have on hand. They freeze well. Nuke one for a minute in the morning and add to a toasted english muffin. I like mine with a dash of hot sauce too or a tablespoon of plain yogurt. Yum!

I haven't made those in awhile...need to make some again. It's pretty easy to fit those into your calories daily.

• wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i take a muffin pan, and lightly spray it. i toss in a small spoonful of sauteed onions, bacon, and serrano peppers. In a separate bowl, i scramble a dozen eggs, then pour them over the 12 muffin molds. Finally, i sprinkle a little cheese.

Throw this into an oven-preheated to 350, and cook for 25 minutes.

I home-make english muffins now, because CHOMP. But you could buy pretty much any bread you like. Load the cooked eggs onto your bread of choice, then individually wrap the sandwiches in a paper towel, load em in a tuppe rware, and freeze them.

I always keep one or two sandwiches thawing in the fridge. When i get up each morning, i toss a sandwich in the microwave for 1.5 minutes, and head off for my shower. When i'm heading out the door, my sandwich is nice and hot and ready for my commute.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Cliff or Power bar.
  • hologramsabc
    hologramsabc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Egg Muffins! Similar to what wonko221 does.

• sw0312
    sw0312 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado mashed on Sarah Lee multigrain 45 cal toasted bread (add whatever spices - I do cayenne, red pepper flake and garlic powder) with half of a grapefruit I section the night before. It is quick and filling. About 165 cal.
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Those eggs in the muffin tin sound awesome!
  • samknopp
    Options
    I've made the egg in muffin tins before, but i never thought to make 12 of them with onions and veggies and then microwave them! What a great idea! Thanks!
  • Mo_niee
    Mo_niee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs in coconut oil, on a toasted english muffin with some avocado slices and crumbled cheese is phenomenal and quick! good luck.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    when I have to eat breakfast on the go I make a sandwich. sometimes just 2 pieces of toast with 1 slice of cheese. easy to eat even if driving
  • prinler
    prinler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you keep the eggs from sticking in your muffin tin? My tins are old, givin to me by my mom long ago. My egg muffins were a nightmare! I used some pam, what did i do wrong? Any help ladies?
  • prinler
    prinler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vons had on sale some small round turkey sausage patties in the frozen section. I slipped one of those in each tin and added my egg mixture. Salt, Pepper, Onion powder.
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pre-cook steel cut oatmeal and freeze in muffin-tin sized portions. Then microwave and go.
  • amarp105653
    amarp105653 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, they keep about a week if you cook them ahead of time and get them in the frig within an hour after cooking. I love them with salt and pepper and vinegar.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    toasted english muffin + PB + coffee.
  • skowall943
    Options
    I eat 2 cups of corn flakes or rice crispies with 1 cup skim milk = 300 cal
  • melsgeo
    melsgeo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Quaker Old Fashioned Oat Meal with dried blueberries. I have a hot water dispenser at work so I just add water and let it sit. Cant get easier than that. If at home, takes a few mins to heat some water. Blueberries are for sweetness although I have cut those out recently too.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    for breakfast today I had scrambled eggs and English muffin with almond butter, and some pineapple, all ready in under 5 minutes.
  • samknopp
    Options
    prinler wrote: »
    How do you keep the eggs from sticking in your muffin tin? My tins are old, givin to me by my mom long ago. My egg muffins were a nightmare! I used some pam, what did i do wrong? Any help ladies?
    I got a muffin tin as a gift that has silicone cups that come out of the pan instead of the metal indented tins.
    Before when I would make breakfast egg cups for my boyfriend, i would wrap bacon around the cup and pour the egg mix in, but i'm staying away from bacon now. :P The grease from the bacon made a good anti-stick, but now i just use a little bit of olive oil on a paper towel to wipe them down