Herbalife Diet Newbie

Options
Greetings!

I am new to the herbalife dieting plan. I am currently taking the F1 and Protein shakes (French vanilla) together, twice a day. I am allowed one colorful protein packed meal a day, usually dinner, and protein snacks in between. If any other herbalife users have any advise for me that would be great! I could use some recipes to jazz up my shakes, or if you know any high protein snack. I would also love to try new healthy dinner recipes!

Thank you!

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Not going to find much support for the Herbal Life scam on here.

Sorry to hear you've already wasted all of that money, but maybe if you spend enough time on the forums, you'll learn that all you need to lose weight is a caloric deficit.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    The goal of any weight loss program is maintenance after reaching it. My advice would be to look at how you plan to maintain after you're done with the program because if you can't without paying for this diet, then the weight will just be regained.
    Any diet program followed should result in weight loss, but only about 10% statistically successfully keep it off. The other 90% are lost because they didn't figure out how to do it without being on the program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Please ditch Herbalife. It's the biggest and longest running scam out there.

I did have one really gratifying experience with Herbalife one time in the 90s. I gave a deposition in a lawsuit against them for harassing robocall telemarketing practices. They were making my life a living hell, calling me several times a day. They had to settle, and I'm sorry it didn't bankrupt them.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    All of these "diets" only exist because of false science -- http://www.amazon.com/Diet-Cults-Surprising-Fallacy-Nutrition/dp/1605985600 -- just eat healthy and remember to burn more than you consume.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ugh, any time someone here says they are doing Herbalife, many feel the need to post that it's a scam. That wasn't the question - the person here has purchased it and is doing it and wants some help.

Anyway - OP - I've been doing Herbalife for the last few weeks. No, it's not a way of life I can follow forever, I like to eat food. But it's giving me the structure and limitations I need right now to stay on plan. I eat a F1 shake for breakfast. I add 2 tbsp PB2 and a half a banana, mix it all up in my NutriBullet. At around 10:30 am I have a high protein snack, about 100 calories. Usually it's 3/4 cup Egg Beaters with 1 slice fat-free cheese melted in it. Or it might be light whole wheat toast with PB2 spread on it. At lunchtime I start with a big salad - lots of veggies, 1 oz fat free feta, and 1 tsp olive oil/2 tbsp red wine vinegar for dressing. At 3-4 pm I have another high protein snack, usually a veggie burger. For dinner I have a healthy meal - typically it's 4 oz. protein like chicken breast, a big helping of roasted vegetables, and 1/2 cup quinoa or brown rice.

Sometimes I have days where I'm just plain hungry...usually it's right before I see a drop on the scale. In that case I'll munch on some carrots or sautee some bean sprouts.

I'll friend you so we can keep each other motivated. Good luck!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Please read the links on this page:
    http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html

See the actions by the CA attorney general, the FDA, the SEC.
    See how Herbalife was fined in Canada for operating a pyramid scheme.
    Read the link titled "Significant Lead Levels Found in Herbalife Products".
    Read the very bottom link, from 2001, "Summary of Complaints Made to FTC".

And especially read the 2 links under "journal articles" discussing how people have had liver damage and even died from using Herbalife.

Sorry you've wasted the money. Please don't waste any more, and don't risk your life or health by using it.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You need to learn sustainable eating, something you can do the rest of your life.

Here's a newbie help post which has links to lots of useful info, including sexypants (go read it now, then come back to finish this thread), setting realistic goals (weight, calories, macros), accurate logging & measuring of food, motivation, etc.

With only 20 lb to lose, the weight will come off slowly. (And is your goal weight healthy for you? Check to see that it's in the green range on this BMI chart.) If you're currently at a healthy weight, it will be even more slow. Consider increasing your weightlifting routine and calories to burn fat & build muscle; instead of aiming for weight loss, go for losing inches.

This calculator will tell you not only your BMI, and how many calories you need to eat at various activity levels, but how many servings of various foods to eat to maintain that weight. Play with it to get your BMI in the middle of a healthy range.
    https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    jpkrueger wrote: »
    Ugh, any time someone here says they are doing Herbalife, many feel the need to post that it's a scam. That wasn't the question - the person here has purchased it and is doing it and wants some help.

Anyway - OP - I've been doing Herbalife for the last few weeks. No, it's not a way of life I can follow forever, I like to eat food. But it's giving me the structure and limitations I need right now to stay on plan. I eat a F1 shake for breakfast. I add 2 tbsp PB2 and a half a banana, mix it all up in my NutriBullet. At around 10:30 am I have a high protein snack, about 100 calories. Usually it's 3/4 cup Egg Beaters with 1 slice fat-free cheese melted in it. Or it might be light whole wheat toast with PB2 spread on it. At lunchtime I start with a big salad - lots of veggies, 1 oz fat free feta, and 1 tsp olive oil/2 tbsp red wine vinegar for dressing. At 3-4 pm I have another high protein snack, usually a veggie burger. For dinner I have a healthy meal - typically it's 4 oz. protein like chicken breast, a big helping of roasted vegetables, and 1/2 cup quinoa or brown rice.

Sometimes I have days where I'm just plain hungry...usually it's right before I see a drop on the scale. In that case I'll munch on some carrots or sautee some bean sprouts.

Considering that most of the people who tout the effectiveness of products like Herbalife are sellers of the product, my response was not so much directed at OP as it was directed at people who may be lurking in the thread.

Newbies and lurkers deserve to have accurate information presented to them. Otherwise they would come into these threads and be sucked into the false notion that Herbalife (or Shakeology, or Advocare, or Body By Vi) is going to save them from their weight problems and help them lose weight sustainably. When it is not.

Herbalife is a waste of money, as are all of the similar products on the market right now. They prey on people's desperation to lose weight.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    abandon the herbalife, and thrive.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

When ignorance is the question the truth should be painful, Herbalife is a scam, and it's dependent on repeat customers. The OP fell for it, and you fell for it and now you feel obligated to defend your poor decision in the face of facts. Both you and the OP should stop wasting your money on Herbalife's marketing, but hey, it's your money, do whatever you want. ;)

Rigger

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

When ignorance is the question the truth should be painful, Herbalife is a scam, and it's dependent on repeat customers. The OP fell for it, and you fell for it and now you feel obligated to defend your poor decision in the face of facts. Both you and the OP should stop wasting your money on Herbalife's marketing, but hey, it's your money, do whatever you want. ;)

Rigger

have to agree with this. You can achieve weight loss without buying products. Plan your meals out instead

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Considering that most of the people who tout the effectiveness of products like Herbalife are sellers of the product, my response was not so much directed at OP as it was directed at people who may be lurking in the thread.

Newbies and lurkers deserve to have accurate information presented to them. Otherwise they would come into these threads and be sucked into the false notion that Herbalife (or Shakeology, or Advocare, or Body By Vi) is going to save them from their weight problems and help them lose weight sustainably. When it is not.

Herbalife is a waste of money, as are all of the similar products on the market right now. They prey on people's desperation to lose weight.
    Best response on this was a couple weeks ago

"I can lose 30lbs in 30 days. I do it every season."

LOLZ.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Yeah, because they believe it's a scam. It's a forum where people post their thoughts in response to what others bring up. It'd be pretty poor if everyone just ignored this person because what they had to say in response wasn't positive.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm pretty sure if you go on the Herbalife website or contact the horrible person that sold you this stuff, they should be able to help you. But the fact that you posted this on a website that frowns (in the least) on gimmicky diets, makes me think you were not looking for advice, but for customers. Good luck.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

Best response on this was a couple weeks ago

"I can lose 30lbs in 30 days. I do it every season."

LOLZ.

Ashton-kutcher-laughing-top-10-vine-videos.gif
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    And especially read the 2 links under "journal articles" discussing how people have had liver damage and even died from using Herbalife.

Sorry you've wasted the money. Please don't waste any more, and don't risk your life or health by using it.

That's so true... that stuff sent my best friend to the emergency room. She was desperate to lose weight and tried the whole herbalife program. Did her absolutely no good. She didn't even lose the weight she wanted. It's a waste of money, and it will kill your insides.

Oh she got smart and threw all that stuff to the garbage once she went back home. I'm so glad it didn't kill her.
  • nsuchy95
    nsuchy95 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was looking for a bit different input. I am not selling any herbalife products. I am trying it out for 2 weeks.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    nsuchy95 wrote: »
    I was looking for a bit different input. I am not selling any herbalife products. I am trying it out for 2 weeks.

The people on the forums aren't just going to tell you what you want to hear - we are going to tell you the truth. Which is: Herbalife and similar products do not work.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    herballife is brilliant! i wish i had thought of the idea i'd be on an island right now.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    herballife is brilliant! i wish i had thought of the idea i'd be on an island right now.

Apparently coming up with some diet gimmick that people will believe is not that hard. Just make your broscience sound convincing.

You can do it - I believe in you!