Options
    1st to 3rd March total 10.88 miles
    4th March 2.16 miles walk to work
    Total 13.04 miles
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh my goodness, look at you guys!!! Johanna, your post made me chuckle. High school wasn't THAT long ago... Was it?? (Hello, Class of '91) :) You are all doing just great! Bill & Dred, you two are intent on smoking us, huh? Go for it, I say.

Jeannie, we have a chance of icy conditions down here for tomorrow (however, today started out in the 70's) so you know what that means for you guys. I'd say those buttercups might get a bit frosty. Definitely stay indoors if you can. Your miles are looking so good too! You're so inspiring. <3 And guess what??? It's looks like Gruff is back!!!! (Check out February) Happy dance!

My walking was pretty good yesterday. My diary... Not so much. Oh well, today is a new day!

4.12 miles
    12.03 total miles

• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm in on this, not having the best start of the month so far. Work and straight up stupidity has stopped me getting to the gym yesterday and today. Will make up for that tomorrow with a 10 mile run.

1/3 0 miles
    2/3 5 miles
    3/3 0 miles
    4/3 0 miles
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,681 Member
    Options
    Thank you Machka :) Again Thank you for understanding...Your private PM made me think about my own situation. That is what we're all here for too motivate one another.

I HOPE that some here can help ME in some way.... I HOPE PEOPLE READ THIS and someone can give me ideas??????????? I can walk. I can walk a treadmill. I can ride an exercise bike. Because of a Back injury I am unable too do most exercises although I can do half sit ups.... It took me 3 years too lose 50 pounds and I was told I am Insulin Resistant. I do take a prescribed RX for that but weight loss is so difficult for me. I was within 14 pounds of my goal but Now it is more. Here is my story.

As some of you know I had a neck and shoulder injury in December. I was down for weeks and even when I was feeling better I could not do much exercise. This lasted 2 months and even in Feb I was not back too my norm. I GAINED 10 POUNDS. Since I have got back too a lot of exercise. My Calories I keep count of and when I add them all together and then subtract the exercise I am usually below 1300 calories and some weeks below 1200. WHAT am I doing wrong? I AM OPEN TOO SUGGESTIONS....
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3/1: 0
    3/2: 0
    3/3: 0
    3/4: 3 walking DVD

Miles to go: 97 (I have some catching up to do)
  • djsolich
    djsolich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to be part of this. Since the beginning of the year I have logged 78.6 miles, I'm also doing a similar challenge through Facebook. Can I use those numbers or do I have to start from zero here? Have used run keeper to track my runs for a few years, but have never really used My Fitness Pal.
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    WELCOME newbies.....NO djsolich you don't have too start from Zero. ANY mileage this month you can post....go for it!
  • gruffdris
    gruffdris Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Im back :sweat_smile: Good to see so many new faces hope you all stick around and find your way to your targets. Just build up gradually

Cheers to Jeannie and Jesi for the messages ive been struggling to find motivation lately. Knees still not at 100% but i can get away with short bits on it. Not too sure what to aim for training wise now that i cant qualify for PBP. But still want to do my SR series and a few tri's.

Anyway so far this week 2 early swims (0.7 miles), 4 mile walk due to a snapped chain and 46 miles on the bike. Hoping to get out for some trail runs soon and ive moved my swims from after work to 615am :( Hopeffully have my cross and mountain bikes rebuilt later this week for some muddy fun
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD TOO SEE YOU GRUFF! We are HAPPPY too see you back. We all have our up's and down's. YOU HANG IN THERE. You are young and it will get better. YOU CAN DO THIS! (*)
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! Gruff is back!!!! My happy dance is giving me more steps today!!!!

Jeannie, my heart goes out to you. First of all, I'm no expert. At least in this area. Well.... I'm not really an expert in any area. HA! Without knowing your stats such as height, weight, etc this is rather generic advice. For example, I'm just under 5'5, weigh 135 lbs but my size 4/6 are a bit roomy. I lift progressively and have therefore gained 5 of the 11 lbs I originally lost but my measurements are still smaller. So, based on my own experience AND knowing your age, I suggest that you try to add a bit of resistance or bodyweight exercises into your day. Check out 'You Are Your Own Gym' by Mark Lauren. Some GREAT bodyweight exercises there. No gym membership needed! You may already be doing this and if so, hooray! You can get resistance bands on Amazon for a good price. I'm sure your local Wal-Mart or Academy carries them too. It's vital to retain as much muscle as you can. I'm very hesitant to suggest lowering your calories any more.

I hope this helps a bit. Hugs to you!! <3
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    OK..I'm a few days behind but I think this would be very motivating. I would like to join. I too, have a step counter like a fitbit...mine is Jawbone. I'll have to see if that gives a conversion for mileage. I walk a LOT to get to work but I would like to get on my treadmill and do a lot more and this challenge will motivate me -- thanks for starting it!
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    March 2nd, 2015: 4.7 miles using the elliptical and it took 1:00:17.
    March 4th, 2025: 4.7 miles using the elliptical and it took 1:00:09.

Total miles for March: 9.4 miles.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am new and in :), but will register in K if that is oKay
    01/03 - Run: 4.4K Cycle: 10K
    02/03 - Run: 5.8K
    03/03 - Run: 4.1K Cycle: 8.7K
    04/03 - Run: 5.5K

Totals 23.1 Miles

exercise.png

• senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I found the answer to my own question -- 2000 is 1 mile...just in case anybody wondered. It's probably been said already. In any case, I'm going to download my info for the last four days and I'll report back. ;)
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    (*)

Still getting over being sick but I'm in.
  • jahmanrv
    jahmanrv Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 3.30 miles walking Treadmill
    3/2 - 4.10 Elliptical Machine
    3/3 - 1.0 walk
    3/4 - 2.30 Elliptical
    Total: 10.70