Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Me neither.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Then don't. I don't know what your goals are, but if it's to lose weight, all you need is a calorie deficient daily/weekly. I've lost 12lbs since December with diet alone.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I don't either, but my urge to stuff my face with all kinds of food is just a smidge stronger than my urge to be a lazy couch turd, so off I go running every day. Sucks, man.
  • Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The days you dont want to exercise are the days you need exercise the most.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hi! If you are just getting aquainted then I say hello! :):)

P.S. I am not an exercise lover... but I know what it does for me and since I have been exercising regularly since last October, my day or week is not complete with out it!

Give it time. and if you have a hard time getting up to do it.. The second it comes to your mind (and you time to do this) put on your work out clothes and workout shoes! Once the work out clothes come on, then just started moving and get your self motivated!

For example, I need to go right now and do this... I keep writing on the forums, but in a second I will just get up and do it! :):) And one hour later I will be in the warm shower! :):)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Yep, don't need exercise to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't really want to exercise, but I love the results. Kind of like shaving my legs. I don't enjoy doing it, but it's better than stubble.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i personally suggest if u are just starting focus on diet. for my first two months i just did that, with walking occasionally and did lose. maybe 10-15lb but i was quite overweight at the time. once i lost that i wanted to be lighter AND fit. well to be fit and truly healthy i believe that takes exercise. u dont need to be a maniac right off the bat. start with just walking maybe 10 minutes of light weight lifting. u will get there
  • voidofeverything
    Options
    yep...*kitten* exercise
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I hate to exercise- and refuse to go to the gym by myself lol,, but once I get there- I never regret it
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I never used to workout. I didn't think I liked it either - because I never really tried it. I think the key is finding something you enjoy (walking, running, lifting, aerobics, zumba, boxing, dancing, swimming, biking, pilates...the options are endless).

You don't have to workout to lose weight, but I promise you'll feel better if you do ;).
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I didn't like exercise when I started losing weight, now it's habit and I do enjoy the feeling after a really good workout. I feel a little lost on days when I don't exercise and if I skip more than two days in a row, I feel sluggish.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    If you have any vanity goals this no exercise thing might change.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I don't want to exercise either.

I also don't want to work but there's all these bills that I have to pay and I quite like having food and heat in my house. So I do it. That's sort of how I look at exercise.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling. some days i am motivated others not so much but i still do it. and, I can't remember a time that i walked away from the gym and felt like i completely wasted my time.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I never wanted to either. Even when I was young and slender.

However my family likes to hike and do "things" that I'd like to do too but can't do very well while being overweight.

My brother and his wife posted a picture on facebook of the two of them at the top of a small mountain in Washington state. It was a gorgeous view. I wanted to go to that same spot.

It was exercise but oh so worth it...I was in tears...the view...the accomplishment. .was overwhelming. There is a pic of us there in my profile.

I've also decided I enjoy bicycling and kayaking so I do them.

I now go to the gym so I can do the things I like more easily lol.

Maybe there is one or two things you enjoy doing like walking or kayaking ( super low impact) that you could just do...just because you like doing them . Don't think of it as exercise.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I never liked exercising either. While I was losing weight all I did was shovel snow when I had to. Then I started going for a walk to ease my stiff back, after finding out that it was the ONLY thing that helped. But the feeling of enjoying moving kinda crept up on me (I discovered my very dusty indoor rower was super-easy without all the flab in the way - the time I discovered that I giggled the whole way through the 20 mins), and then I decided that I wanted to have some muscles on my arms and legs, mainly to help preserve my joints as I get older, and hey presto! I started exercising! And now, if I miss a workout or don't do something every day I get really itchy and twitchy and am basically like that little kid who fidgets the who way through class.

Losing weight really increased the amount of excess energy I have, but I would never, ever do exercise that I don't enjoy (so no exercise classes, no crunches, no treadmill, no rock-climbing, no swimming). Life's too short to waste minutes on things I don't like.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As others have said, if your goal's healthy weight loss, exercise isn't necessary.

If you have another goal, you just have to decide whether it's worth pushing yourself to exercise. Kinda like you force yourself out of bed to go to work. The AHA advises at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week, which could be something as simple as a brisk walk.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/PhysicalActivity/FitnessBasics/American-Heart-Association-Recommendations-for-Physical-Activity-in-Adults_UCM_307976_Article.jsp
  • jirisg92
    jirisg92 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Last night I didn't want to go either, kept trying to talk my husband out of it lol. He still made me go, and surprisingly I did better than usual, even did an extra 10 mins on my usual hour. :) like they say you never regret a good work out.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ummm okay