The geeks are all right here!

Options

Replies

• JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I would love to cosplay, but with 200lbs to lose, it's going to take some time before I can pull off my namesake (Jordis The Sword Maiden from Skyrim).

Still, something to work towards!

Would love to see pics from you guys who have done it.
  • Ultimate_Beast
    Ultimate_Beast Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not done cosplay play but i am a bit of geek, my other passion other than lifting is gaming (xbox one) ,also all things fantasy books and films if it's got elves, orcs, warriors, dragons or wizards in it, i'm into it :smiley:
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Not done cosplay play but i am a bit of geek, my other passion other than lifting is gaming (xbox one) ,also all things fantasy books and films if it's got elves, orcs, warriors, dragons or wizards in it, i'm into it :smiley:

That's my go-to group too :smile:
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Ive done a Han Solo cosplay but next year I want to go back to NYCC as Chiana (Farscape). Ive taken my now 7 son to 4 cons- his first at 2 years old as Vader to NYCC, and the following 2 years he wore his as Boba Fett cosplay and this last year to RICC as StarLord. I am super into Sci-Fi however fantasy never did it for me- it's the only thing my son & my boyfriend give me grief for but bond over. Keep the elves and give me space pirates any day!
  • filmlass
    filmlass Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Need to think of a good cosplay for April that's age appropriate (am 44) and don't have to be skinny for as not lost enough weight yet! Did want to go as Black Canary but think might not work for me. Maybe Ellen Ripley or River Song - any suggestions? Still got a few weeks to go so hoping to lose another half stone before it :)
  • VileMortality
    VileMortality Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This entire post made me smile. I'm just a nerd in general... Gaming, sci-fi, fantasy you name it. Just wanted to put my two cents in! Anyone in here feel free to add me!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    filmlass wrote: »
    Need to think of a good cosplay for April that's age appropriate (am 44) and don't have to be skinny for as not lost enough weight yet! Did want to go as Black Canary but think might not work for me. Maybe Ellen Ripley or River Song - any suggestions? Still got a few weeks to go so hoping to lose another half stone before it :)

I also thought of doing a black canary cosplay, but from the comic books. I like to do a lot of gender bending costumes. Riddler, DEATHSTROKE, robin.... Certain male characters have a layer that hides those unwanted pounds easily. Riddler and jokers suit jackets, red hoods leather motorcycle jacket, deathstrokes armor.
  • filmlass
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

I also thought of doing a black canary cosplay, but from the comic books. I like to do a lot of gender bending costumes. Riddler, DEATHSTROKE, robin.... Certain male characters have a layer that hides those unwanted pounds easily. Riddler and jokers suit jackets, red hoods leather motorcycle jacket, deathstrokes armor.

Ooh that sounds good. Did think of female Jayne but am flying and not sure could get Vera in my case! Hope to see pics of your cosplay!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Never assume you can't cosplay a character because of the weight you carry. It's your performance that makes or breaks a character.
  • filmlass
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Never assume you can't cosplay a character because of the weight you carry. It's your performance that makes or breaks a character.

:)
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So my upcoming cons are all con and Gen con! Might try sneaking one more in there but will depend lol. So excoted.
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have done Ren faires but but not since putting on all this weight I miss doing it. Thanks for encouraging me to get back to it.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    e_elizb wrote: »
    So my upcoming cons are all con and Gen con! Might try sneaking one more in there but will depend lol. So excoted.

I just went to the first Harper con to start the season off. I'm getting excited about the bigger ones coming up this year.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    vmdave wrote: »
    I have done Ren faires but but not since putting on all this weight I miss doing it. Thanks for encouraging me to get back to it.

You know what's great about a renaissance fair? In those days, the very wealthy were often heavier. So to be historically accurate, the most beautiful costumes at a renaissance fair, would be worn by fluffier people.
  • filmlass
    Options
    So decided was going to cosplay Ellen Ripley as don't have much time to make anything and thought could hide some of my fat! Anyway, it arrived today and it's too small :( it's the largest size so can't change it for a bigger one. Got 5 weeks till the Expo so got an awful lot of work to do!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    So decided was going to cosplay Ellen Ripley as don't have much time to make anything and thought could hide some of my fat! Anyway, it arrived today and it's too small :( it's the largest size so can't change it for a bigger one. Got 5 weeks till the Expo so got an awful lot of work to do!

5 weeks is plenty of time. Really focus on toning up versus dropping pounds for now. I'm doing insanity, and I've lost 2-3 1/2 inches, but not many pounds.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'd totally dig a steampunk Red Lantern costume, I have the lantern, I just need the costume
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I cosplayed as Clara "Oswin" Oswald from Doctor Who last year at Wizard World. It was fun and I would probably do it again as someone else once I got into better shape. Maybe Sarah Connor from Terminator 2. ;)
  • My_Butt
    Options
    I just started buying cheap fabric from Walmart to make a female Ragman costume. I love cosplaying.