Options
13»

Replies

• filmlass
    filmlass Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    filmlass wrote: »
    So decided was going to cosplay Ellen Ripley as don't have much time to make anything and thought could hide some of my fat! Anyway, it arrived today and it's too small :( it's the largest size so can't change it for a bigger one. Got 5 weeks till the Expo so got an awful lot of work to do!

5 weeks is plenty of time. Really focus on toning up versus dropping pounds for now. I'm doing insanity, and I've lost 2-3 1/2 inches, but not many pounds.

Thanks, that's what am going to do. Just need to really go for it for these next 5 weeks!
  • filmlass
    filmlass Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I cosplayed as Kaylee Frye from Firefly last year. Was great fun!
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi I requested to join the group! I love going to cons. Went to Con Nooga last weekend and am headed over to Wizard World Raleigh this weekend. I would love to cosplay but I'm too self conscious. My ultimate goal would be to cosplay Buffy the Vampire Slayer but I don't know if that's even realistic...she's so tiny! But at least it gives me a goal to shoot towards lol. I want to add everyone on this thread..I'm so happy I found some geeky friends! <3
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Hi I requested to join the group! I love going to cons. Went to Con Nooga last weekend and am headed over to Wizard World Raleigh this weekend. I would love to cosplay but I'm too self conscious. My ultimate goal would be to cosplay Buffy the Vampire Slayer but I don't know if that's even realistic...she's so tiny! But at least it gives me a goal to shoot towards lol. I want to add everyone on this thread..I'm so happy I found some geeky friends! <3

Whenever i feel self conscious, i pick a character with a mask. Nobody has any clue who I am, or what I look like. I am simply that character now. Once you get the first few people asking for your picture, you really start to get into it. This will also give you time to work on fitness if you wish to have more revealing outfits at later cons.
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    e_elizb wrote: »
    So my upcoming cons are all con and Gen con! Might try sneaking one more in there but will depend lol. So excoted.

I just went to the first Harper con to start the season off. I'm getting excited about the bigger ones coming up this year.

Sweet! How was it? I wish we (my so and i) had better access to cons. We always need to travel at least three hours to get to them. Usually more. Granted, I know that's not horrible. But it means we have to get a hotel for most. Pricey stuff lol
  • e_elizb
    Options
    Haha apparently I never posted that last response. Sounds like you guys have some great costumes planned! My con list includes right now:
    Nissa Revane -mtg
    Jill Kismet - kismet series by lilth st. Crow.

I'm trying to watch more anime etc so I have more to choose from. :smile:
  • My_Butt
    Options
    So my upcoming cons are all con and Gen con! Might try sneaking one more in there but will depend lol. So excoted.

I just went to the first Harper con to start the season off. I'm getting excited about the bigger ones coming up this year.

Sweet! How was it? I wish we (my so and i) had better access to cons. We always need to travel at least three hours to get to them. Usually more. Granted, I know that's not horrible. But it means we have to get a hotel for most. Pricey stuff lol

It was very nice. Filled a lot of gaps in my batman comics.
    My roommate and I have started branching out to cons in other states. We really look at the guest list to see who is signing. We drove four hours last year for George Perez and Marv Wolfmans autographs in Cincinnati. I love road trips. Anytime we travel south, it's now tradition to stop at this one McDonald's for breakfast. I always get a latte and the egg white delight since its fairly low in calories.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I am a nerdy girl. I know ppl who bust their butts training all year to wear things at DragonCon and suchlike. I don't go to cons myself. I am a sci fi book nerd. :D and love Star Trek. I used to be a tabletop gamer but at this point I work so many hours that I don't do it any more. I do go on Youtube and watch Mark Iplier and people like that doing "Let's Play" on cool games like SCP Containment Breach, 5 Nights at Freddy's, etc. I suck at playing most games myself, except the PC point and click ones... but I sure do like to watch that stuff!
  • missmizea
    missmizea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whether it's fantasy or sci-fi, cosplay and conventions, or DC and Marvel, I love them all.
    I actually got fit for cosplaying. Want to look strong to portray the characters the best I can. I am even learning bo staff for my all time favorites. So come and friend me.
    Oh sweet how are you learning to use the bo? I sent you a request!
  • TheIncredibleHak
    Options
    Nice! I love renn faires. I usually go for pirates weekend. ( I'm an awesome pirate!) anything fantasy is huge for me. I'm working on my game of thrones half sleeve .
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Nice! I love renn faires. I usually go for pirates weekend. ( I'm an awesome pirate!) anything fantasy is huge for me. I'm working on my game of thrones half sleeve .

I dressed as a pirate for the premiere of pirates of the Caribbean.
    I'm currently working on a Halloween sleeve, but I want an entire back piece devoted to my favorite characters of DC comics. It's an epic battle scene.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    missmizea wrote: »
    Whether it's fantasy or sci-fi, cosplay and conventions, or DC and Marvel, I love them all.
    I actually got fit for cosplaying. Want to look strong to portray the characters the best I can. I am even learning bo staff for my all time favorites. So come and friend me.

There's a lot of videos on YouTube showing bo staff tricks, and I have a video on strike techniques. I eventually want to join a dojo and learn more.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I am a nerdy girl. I know ppl who bust their butts training all year to wear things at DragonCon and suchlike. I don't go to cons myself. I am a sci fi book nerd. :D and love Star Trek. I used to be a tabletop gamer but at this point I work so many hours that I don't do it any more. I do go on Youtube and watch Mark Iplier and people like that doing "Let's Play" on cool games like SCP Containment Breach, 5 Nights at Freddy's, etc. I suck at playing most games myself, except the PC point and click ones... but I sure do like to watch that stuff!

I watch him too! I watch more pewdiepie, but I save those right before I go to bed. I get my tea, turn off the lights and watch them play scary games.
  • e_elizb
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

I love tabletop gamea. I feel like not enough people appreciate them. I'm going to Gen Con which focuses primarily on tabletop games. So excited. I want to do a cosplay that fits that theme but I'm not sure what. Maybe something with steampunk.

That tattoo sounds awesome!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    missmizea wrote: »

There's a lot of videos on YouTube showing bo staff tricks, and I have a video on strike techniques. I eventually want to join a dojo and learn more.

I joined a dojo, just promoted to orange belt, in 3 more belts i can pick which weapon i want to train, while bo staff is up there, i.m leaning towards tonfa