calorie intake

Options
How do i change my calorie intake to 1000? It is at 1900 right now for my weight, but i feel like that's too much

Replies

• CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You've posted this in maintaining weight? So I assume you are not trying to lose weight.

Even if you are trying to lose weight, 1000 cals a day is too few. Never eat under 1,200 cals. You need to work out what your calorific maintenance level is - so use another online calculator if you don't trust the number given to you by MFP.
  • lovesophia351
    Options
    Well dont assume sweetie. Iam obviously trying since im on this app. I just felt like that was way too much calories to eat per day
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Well dont assume sweetie. Iam obviously trying since im on this app. I just felt like that was way too much calories to eat per day
    Then don't post in the wrong forum.

Here's for general diet/weight loss help: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/general-diet-and-weight-loss-help

And why would you pick an arbitrary number? If you don't want to go by what MFP suggests, figure out your TDEE and minus 20%.
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight, you need to post in a different section. This section is for people wanting to maintain their current weight, which is why I asked so that I could check your goal.

So you do want to lose weight? You can change your weight loss goals under settings to aim to lose more weight per week, so the more you want to lose, the fewer cals MFP will allocate to you.

But if you entered all the right info, 1,900 might be right for you and as you lose weight, the number will come down. It's a myth that you have to eat very little cals to lose weight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Darling, people use this app for many reasons, including losing, gaining, and maintaining their current weight. Knowing your goals is pretty helpful to giving you good advice.

Why do you feel that 1900 is too much? Have you tried it previously? Without knowing your stats, there's no way for me to tell whether or not it might be a good goal, but it's not that high for some people.

Either way, 1000 is a very low goal and not a lot of people here are going to support you on that. Something in between might be a better plan to start with.

I don't know if you've had a change to check out the stickied topics yet, but this is a pretty great starting point: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Darling, people use this app for many reasons, including losing, gaining, and maintaining their current weight. Knowing your goals is pretty helpful to giving you good advice.

Why do you feel that 1900 is too much? Have you tried it previously? Without knowing your stats, there's no way for me to tell whether or not it might be a good goal, but it's not that high for some people.

Either way, 1000 is a very low goal and not a lot of people here are going to support you on that. Something in between might be a better plan to start with.

I don't know if you've had a change to check out the stickied topics yet, but this is a pretty great starting point: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    You're always too nice ;)