Shakeology

Options
Had anyone done Shakeology, and is there anything else that can replace it? Like a do it at home kind of thing

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking it daily as a supplement to my healthy nutrition. It would take a lot to create something on your own that would equal everything Shakeology has.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.

DIY - eat regular food in a deficit. Save your money, and don't drink your calories.
  • amixiam
    amixiam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Shakeology isn't necessarily bad, but it is a rip-off. Visit your local Vitamin Shoppe and get Vega One or PLNT or Spirutein, etc. There are plenty of brands that are better for half the price.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    These drinks are very expensive and one of those MLM pyramid schemes. Just skip them. Weight loss is calories in vs. calories out. Invest in a food scale if you do not have one and start weighing and measuring out your food. Stick to your calorie deficit and you will lose weight. If you want to have something in "shake form" you can maybe looking at picking up a protein powder if you are having a hard time hitting your protein macro.
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm all for their workout programs, but I'm annoyed at how scammy Beachbody and the coaches are. I know the nutrition claims are true, and the chocolate shake is admittedly tasty, but I hate drinking my calories, and I don't want to support a MLM scheme. It's overpriced, and the coaches overdo their excitement to the point of nausea because they want commission. I say this having two coaches in my Facebook news feed. Also, canceling Shakeology was a pain and turned me off to it completely.
  • jmurguia78
    jmurguia78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    jmurguia78 wrote: »
    Had anyone done Shakeology, and is there anything else that can replace it? Like a do it at home kind of thing

I do another company and lost 6llbs in 5 days and 2 inches off my stomach

That sounds healthy and sustainable. /sarcasm
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    despite the negative here i do a shake called idealshake. its bout have the price and tastes better. lots of protein. i make it into smoothies with fruit or sometimes spinach . its my breakfast 5 days a week. im not big on breakfast so this works well for me
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    no 'miracle' 6lbs a week. its just an easy breakfast
  • gbel1975
    gbel1975 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Raw Meal by Garden of Life is about 1/2 the cost of Shakeology and nearly identical in nutritional value, macros, etc. (Depending on the flavor)

I also find it more filling as it does have more fiber per serving.

Getting it on eBay is the cheapest place I've found, especially if you buy two or three tubs at a time. It's sort of an acquired taste and texture so it's best to get a sample pack or two to try. It can be found in stores such as Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    jmurguia78 wrote: »

Sounds like you lost water weight.
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Definitely water weight. Not long ago, I lost 7 pounds in 7 days with one weird trick called "That time of the month."
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Definitely water weight. Not long ago, I lost 7 pounds in 7 days with one weird trick called "That time of the month."

Slap that on a bucket of whey protein, tout it as the next weight loss revolution, charge an obscene amount of money for a small can of the stuff, and share some of your millions with me.
  • amandastock
    amandastock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Shakeology comes packaged with a prop 65 warning in California. That was a turn off.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I have been drinking it daily as a supplement to my healthy nutrition. It would take a lot to create something on your own that would equal everything Shakeology has.

Nope. It would take cheap whey protein and a vitamin pill.

Or, I don't know... food?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Yeah but your facebook link shows us you are a beachbody coach so of course you would think it's great,you want to make money.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »

Yeah but your facebook link shows us you are a beachbody coach so of course you would think it's great,you want to make money.

And this is why I think Beachbody sucks most of all. Underhanded sales people suckering folk wherever possible.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered why people are willing to replace a meal with a drink unless they're pressed for time, and even then there are more satisfying quick food options. As a random glass of something to drink, I understand, but a meal? Do you really feel satisfied after a liquid meal? Even as a morbidly obese person who knew diddly about nutrition I remember refusing any meal replacement shakes that were pushed at me with a simple "why on earth would I do this to myself?"