Ladies Underwear for the gym

Options

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    :s it's good to keep some things to ourselves

I hate thongs though because they feel like wedgies and I have no idea how people can put up with them
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

I hate thongs though because they feel like wedgies and I have no idea how people can put up with them

You get used to them. Some of them are so soft. And a g string is a little better I think. Thongs have too much material.
  • tomatoey
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

You get used to them. Some of them are so soft. And a g string is a little better I think. Thongs have too much material.

Hmm. I don't know if I'm motivated enough to go through whatever adjustment period's involved :/ #boyshorts4life
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I don't know, with underwear too big I'm getting used to wedgies. I feel like I'm now more likely to get used to thongs.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm male, so I can't give any first hand knowledge, but my last girlfriend decided to go with what basically amounted to a G-string for lifting. Her theory being that there was no chance she was ever going to keep her underwear in place, so she might as well go with what was going to cause her the least trouble when it inevitably headed north. I thought she was insane, but she did it for years. Thank god I'm a guy. Good luck.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I don't know, with underwear too big I'm getting used to wedgies. I feel like I'm now more likely to get used to thongs.

At first only a few pairs of my underwear were too big but now they all fall down. Thongs and g strings have become way more comfortable.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    All underwear ends up crammed in my bum anyways, so I figure I'll just wear thongs and beat them to it.

For the gym though--nothing. I'm usually running so it's not like I'm sitting on any of the equipment with my sweaty nether regions.
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    For the gym I like cheeky style panties made of some stretchy polyester-ish or spandex-ish blend material. I just buy whatever is cheap wherever. That style and fabric type feels like they aren't even there.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

glad to share daily tmi! lmao.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I don't wear underwear when I work out.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I wear a g-string or nothing. Otherwise it gets all bunched up in a wedgie under my gym clothes. Not worth it.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I dig my "seamless" microfiber bikinis. Panty lines don't show through my compression capris and they don't migrate at all while I'm working out!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I just wear my regular underwear (hipster/cheekie, depends on where you buy from). I don't really have a wedgie problem, and if people can see my underwear or panty lines... I really don't care because my butt looks great! ;)
  • tomatoey
    Options

glad to share daily tmi! lmao.

lol :)
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Have you actually tried wearing a thong? They're the only kind of underwear I can work out in. Everything else just gives me massive wedgies. Or you can just go commando and not have to worry about them at all. :)
    So, i just dont wear thongs. Ever. I am, essentially, a crotch nurse. The idea of a thong just grosses me out. If i am in a thong situation, I go without.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    carlitice wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Have you actually tried wearing a thong? They're the only kind of underwear I can work out in. Everything else just gives me massive wedgies. Or you can just go commando and not have to worry about them at all. :)
    So, i just dont wear thongs. Ever. I am, essentially, a crotch nurse. The idea of a thong just grosses me out. If i am in a thong situation, I go without.

Meh, to each their own I guess :) I've always wondered if it's a body shape thing though, because no matter what size/style of underwear I've tried (besides thongs) they give me wedgies and panty lines. Drives me crazy.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    While most of my underwear is what Marks and Spencer's call bikinis, you might find what they call high legs to be more comfortable, especially if you're doing squats or kicks.
  • brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I wear thongs as well. I couldn't go commando, my crotch sweats unbelievably and I'm too scared I'll start dripping! OMG. I shutter at the thought.

WHOA! FRIEND REQUEST SENT!!!
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    In my experience, laser-cut briefs turn into uncomfortable thongs because there is so much fabric to get wedged up. I finally gave in and tried the Under Armour laser-cut thong. I know, I know, I can't wear thongs in general, either, but--it took me like ten minutes to get used to the idea and now I don't notice them at all.

Can't wear thongs with seams, though. But the UA ones are great.

These are awesome. I bought a pair on clearance at my local sporting goods store on a whim, because they were selling for $7. Now I wish I had bought all they had!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    They quit carrying the C9 compression undies, so I swapped over to the Hanes microfiber hipsters. And/or the cotton XL Cool line. They work really well and don't move at all. And nobody cares about panty lines in the gym!