Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What kind of salad dressing is good??

I love Tastefully Simple's Vidalia Onion Dressing. Anyone know of a lower-calorie dressing like that?? Or any lower calorie salad dressing??

Replies

• ceruleanmuse
    ceruleanmuse Posts: 60 Member
    Bolthouse Farms makes a ranch dressing that's 45 calories/2 T. It's the best light dressing I've had. They have a wide variety of different dressings that have been good. I also like Trader Joes light Creamy Peppercorn Ranch that's 30 calories/2 T.
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm hooked on Kraft sundried tomato.
  • arlington21
    arlington21 Posts: 34 Member
    The lowest calorie salad dressing that I've tried is the fat free ranch. In my opinion, I would just rather eat the original thing but just less. However if you're interested, it is 30 calories per tbsp. Hope I helped (:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I assume it's creamy? I do not use any creamy dressings but have gotten really used to plain old balsamic vinegar (not vinaigrette). I can now taste my vegetables and have room for dessert at night.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    I love the Bolthouse yogurt ranch
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch and Fat Free French are pretty good. I seem to crave creamier things and this helps that craving. I dig italian dressing too, but ehhh... not feeling it lately. Also, I love using mustard and salsa as salad dressing. So much flavor!
  • Crosfitjunkie
    Crosfitjunkie Posts: 127 Member
    none. The trick I learned is to dip the salad into a serving size cup dressing rather than pour it onto the salad. Works for me.
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Thanks all!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Olive oil and balsamic and sea salt
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    I can't really enjoy the fat free creamy dressings; they're all way too sweet due to the added sugar that replaces the fat.

Kraft has a 'lite' toasted Asian Sesame that's to die for. It's not supposed to be creamy, so the reduced fat isn't as noticeable. I've gotten a bunch of people to try it at work because it smells so good, they all claim to like it :)
  • shanapadilla2
    shanapadilla2 Posts: 12 Member
    Kraft fat free raspberry vinaigrette. Is my favorite 35 cal for 2 tablespoons. Kraft has a line for reduced calorie dressing.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Personally my go to dressing is Ken's Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
  • tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2015
    Walden Farms Calorie Free Dressing Bacon Ranch is pretty good, i use it or Kraft Fat Free Ranch, occasionally I use Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette by Virginia Brand. I have to keep my sodium under 2000 so it makes it hard for me to find dressing...lol

The bacon ranch is calorie free sugar free and fat free
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    but fats are good for you
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    OPA Greek yogurt bleu cheese..NOM NOM
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    I make mine. I use the good seasons packets but switch the water and oil, so just two tablespoons of oil in the bottle. It gets thick and tastes great. I also make hidden valley ranch with skim milk and low fat mayo. Also good.
  • 03emily03
    03emily03 Posts: 6 Member
    My sister uses fat free sour cream with a packet of hidden valley ranch seasoning and she said it's 9 calories per tablespoon. It ends up being like a chip dip consistency, haven't tried it on a salad but it was good for dipping veggies.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Bolthouse Farms and Marzetti Simply Dressed Light. Both are delicious and low calorie. They are both located in the produce section.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 507 Member
    There is a spray dressing, I know Safeway has a line. It's only 10 calories for 10 sprays and comes in various flavors. I have used the trick of dipping my fork into the dressing, it's a great way to cut down the amount used and still get the flavor. Plain lemon juice is another option.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    The Bolthouse Farms yogurt ranch is ok but really sweet to me. I like the Olive Garden dressing by Marzetti, it's only 80 cal for 2 Tbsp and really nice. Panera's Asian Sesame Vinaigrette is really good too and 60 cal for 2 Tbsp IIRC.