Ladies Underwear for the gym

Options
124»

Replies

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    if you wear well-fitting spandex, either leggings or compression shorts under shorts, your undies should stay in place no matter what style.

Check out the options at lululemon too.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    My wife really likes these Jockey Micro Bikinis
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007I7ZXB4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know I'm a dude but I wear adidas or Exofficios boxer briefs for working out or everyday, have found both to hold up well and would certainly try anything Exofficio makes. That would've been the next step for the Mrs. if she ended up not liking the Jockeys
  • davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wear running tights (moderately thick ones, currently I'm in a pair of "Zoot" brand), and nothing underneath, so nothing to move. They're pretty opaque. I'm sure if you stand RIGHT behind me when I squat maybe you can see something, but the way my gym's set up, if you're doing that, you're trying to see. So I don't worry it.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    a size up in normal cotton string bikinis for me. They never move.
  • Frostbitten007
    Frostbitten007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wear Victoria's secret seamless underwear. Most comfortable things ever. I can't even tell I'm wearing underwear.
  • Tortitudekitty
    Tortitudekitty Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sloggi no-vpl laser cut briefs. Excellent!
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    They quit carrying the C9 compression undies, so I swapped over to the Hanes microfiber hipsters. And/or the cotton XL Cool line. They work really well and don't move at all. And nobody cares about panty lines in the gym!

Its not about lines, it's about chaffing. And stem to stern wedgies that cause discomfort.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    carlitice wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Have you actually tried wearing a thong? They're the only kind of underwear I can work out in. Everything else just gives me massive wedgies. Or you can just go commando and not have to worry about them at all. :)
    So, i just dont wear thongs. Ever. I am, essentially, a crotch nurse. The idea of a thong just grosses me out. If i am in a thong situation, I go without.

Meh, to each their own I guess :)I've always wondered if it's a body shape thing though, because no matter what size/style of underwear I've tried (besides thongs) they give me wedgies and panty lines. Drives me crazy.

I think it's for sure a shape thing. There's a butt shape chart somewhere on the webz, but I feel like bringing it here would take this discussion to another, possibly bad level. Last thing we need is women classifying themselves into yet more shape categories.

Especially because to my knowledge, no one's connected butt shape to ideal undie type. Which is the only reasonable application of such a chart.
  • carlie1994
    carlie1994 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I live in Nike compression shorts. I find that they're the most comfortable, especially for running!

http://www.finishline.com/store/product/women-s-nike-pro-core-ii-compression-shorts?productId=prod693054