Options

Replies

• tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    JessMoTX wrote: »
    Lies. I eat 3 cups of white sugar a day and nothing else.

ETA: Except of Sundays. On Sundays I eat 58.9 yellow marshmallow peeps.

Only yellow peeps? Hear they are coming out with Peep flavored milk. You can get your sugar AND your calcium in one shot.
    17179281-mmmain.jpg
    How do they milk the little chickens? Or do they feed the peeps to the cows, then milk the cows?

Whoa whoa whoa. Does that say Easter Egg Nog? If it's just regular egg nog with a picture of eggs on it, my calorie goals are in serious jeopardy.

I'd only heard about the peep and choco-peep milk. I'm down for another season of boozy egg nog. :cheers:
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

But bro, do you even poop?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Only yellow peeps? Hear they are coming out with Peep flavored milk. You can get your sugar AND your calcium in one shot.
    17179281-mmmain.jpg
    How do they milk the little chickens? Or do they feed the peeps to the cows, then milk the cows?

Whoa whoa whoa. Does that say Easter Egg Nog? If it's just regular egg nog with a picture of eggs on it, my calorie goals are in serious jeopardy.

i don't...is the milk yellow? because i think i would find that seriously disturbing.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

Yep, pretty much every day. Why?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

....where did the 0.1 go? Do you just leave a peep butt hanging out? Maybe an eye?

I don't eat the eyes.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I'll add one-- People who choose to cut down their alcohol, sugar, gluten, lactose, whatever are not necessarily 'demonizing' anything or suggesting you do the same. :)

That all depends on how it is worded in the discussion. Generally if someone says "I like to limit ___________ because that works for me" without implying that it is the correct way, there usually is no problem.

The issues arise when someone says that you/or the OP/ anyone else should do these things too or they will get fat...or stay fat....etc.

I guess this will be the disagreement everyone made their popcorn for. It usually starts because someone asks how to replace or cut back on something, and the first replies they get are along the lines of "no" or laughing or asking why on earth they'd want to. Look at how many *kitten* storm threads start because the OP dares to mention the word "sugar" in the title. (taking bets on my #1 fan quoting this now, just because he can't help himself)

What I have noticed is if people are up front and mention a medical condition in their title or the first sentence of their post, everyone backs off. The people you'll see posting 3 dozen times in the other threads won't even show up. That, to me, speaks more than the bickering that actually goes on in those threads.

That's because in the absence of medical conditions (actual medical conditions, not Dr. Google), cutting out sugar, wheat, gluten, etc., is ridiculous and pointless.

And there's the declarative statement that everyone should eat the same way. Notice which side made it. If someone is less hungry or not hungry at all when they eat less sugar or wheat or whatever, which then leads to them eating less, which then leads to maintaining a deficit with much less effort, why should they try to find a way to fit it into their day? To make you happy? Are you somehow harmed because someone else quits drinking Coke or stops eating bread?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I think, for some people, there is a disconnect between

"Eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your cals/macros."

and

"Find ways to balance foods you enjoy with other foods for an overall healthy, balanced diet."

The first applies to weight loss and is, if I'm not mistaken, IIFYM by the letter of the law.

The second is a more reasonable, responsible approach generally applicable to the masses.

yes, but if you hitting your cals/macros it is going to be almost impossible to do it with 100% donuts, ice cream, etc...you would still need some chicken, vegetables, rice, whole grains, to balance it out...

False.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

I want pulled pork so bad right now. On a potato roll with slaw. *drool*
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'll add one-- People who choose to cut down their alcohol, sugar, gluten, lactose, whatever are not necessarily 'demonizing' anything or suggesting you do the same. :)

That all depends on how it is worded in the discussion. Generally if someone says "I like to limit ___________ because that works for me" without implying that it is the correct way, there usually is no problem.

The issues arise when someone says that you/or the OP/ anyone else should do these things too or they will get fat...or stay fat....etc.

I guess this will be the disagreement everyone made their popcorn for. It usually starts because someone asks how to replace or cut back on something, and the first replies they get are along the lines of "no" or laughing or asking why on earth they'd want to. Look at how many *kitten* storm threads start because the OP dares to mention the word "sugar" in the title. (taking bets on my #1 fan quoting this now, just because he can't help himself)

What I have noticed is if people are up front and mention a medical condition in their title or the first sentence of their post, everyone backs off. The people you'll see posting 3 dozen times in the other threads won't even show up. That, to me, speaks more than the bickering that actually goes on in those threads.

That's because in the absence of medical conditions (actual medical conditions, not Dr. Google), cutting out sugar, wheat, gluten, etc., is ridiculous and pointless.

Why is it ridculous if it helps someone get to a calorie deficit? Because YOU don't agree with it?

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »

17179281-mmmain.jpg

I'd only heard about the peep and choco-peep milk. I'm down for another season of boozy egg nog. :cheers:

Heck yes. I know you can make egg nog at home, but I still get a little sad when the stores take it away after Christmas.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

17179281-mmmain.jpg

i don't...is the milk yellow? because i think i would find that seriously disturbing.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/easter-egg-nog-now-a-thing-thanks-to-peeps-1.2982569

I haven't clicked any of the videos, but it looks like regular egg nog. SCORE!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

17179281-mmmain.jpg

The peep flavored milk probably is yellow now that I think of it. That would be weird. I'm all about the egg nog though.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

17179281-mmmain.jpg

Peeps egg nog... I can't even imagine how blob awful that must taste. It's got the be the most wrong combination since Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

17179281-mmmain.jpg

Peeps egg nog... I can't even imagine how blob awful that must taste. It's got the be the most wrong combination since Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley.

lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I agree with eating food you like and moderation.

Peeps- cute but not tasty

I had chocolate cereal for breakfast and will have a cookie later. I will also consume chicken, spinach and broccoli today.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Unfortunately they're only around at Easter (they make other versions for Halloween/Christmas but it's blasphemy)

Ugh now I want peeps. But I can't get yellow ones because I'll never see them (thanks, Dad). So I have to be a traitor and buy another color.

WHAT.

So no peeps?

Okay now my trip to America is just going to suck.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

Yep, pretty much every day. Why?

You don't eat vegetables. It's the one thing that popped out to me about your diary.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

And there's the declarative statement that everyone should eat the same way. Notice which side made it. If someone is less hungry or not hungry at all when they eat less sugar or wheat or whatever, which then leads to them eating less, which then leads to maintaining a deficit with much less effort, why should they try to find a way to fit it into their day? To make you happy? Are you somehow harmed because someone else quits drinking Coke or stops eating bread?

Because most of the time people who do just cut it out for "personal" reasons are doing it because they heard some misinformation on Dr. Oz or read some click-bait article online that told them that it had some sort of negative effect. Then those people come on here and vomit out the misinformation that is their new religion.

It gets old. You can personally cut something out and not say anything about it - plenty of awesome, knowledgeable people on here who are gluten free, vegan, low/moderate carb for their own reasons who don't go around spreading lies about the items they choose not to eat.

They understand that most of the time people who go vegan because "it's sooooo much healthier than eating meat," or "OMG low carb is the ONLY thing that works (even though I'm eating 1,000 calories a day) - carbs are bad for your body!" are setting themselves up for failure and giving bad advice on the threads.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

17179281-mmmain.jpg

I use it for my cleanses! Just throw a little cayenne in there and the calories just melt away!
This discussion has been closed.