Vegetarian meals?

Options
I was wondering if anyone had some good vegetarian meal recipes they'd like to share? Thanks

Replies

• haleyk8710
    haleyk8710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Black beans and couscous with broccoli and cheese is a go to for me. Some people like to add cherry tomatos too
  • ladymaynard18
    ladymaynard18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2011/06/chili-stuffed-peppers.html

I love this chili stuffed pepper recipe. It's super simple and really tasty. My calorie count comes in around 240 for one whole pepper. If you have room for calories, you could add some sour cream or cheese on top. But I like them just plain.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm making mujadra for a potluck tomorrow. There are a million recipes and almost as many spellings, but this is the one I'm using: food52.com/recipes/20377-mujadara-lebanese-lentils-with-caramelized-onions I use bulgur, rather than rice, but either way is good.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Are you vegan or certain type of vegetarian? There are some who don't eat milk products or eggs and some who do.

Anyways, if you do. Eggplant parm. Slice eggplant, lightly salt, roast in oven until tender, top with marinara and cheese. Or scoop out zucchini and make same way.

Pasta with roasted veggies and light dressing.

Black bean burgers.

Bean, tomato, potato or vegetable soups.

Burritos stuffed with beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa.

Quesadillas with black beans and corn.

Wraps with hummus and veggies.

Vegetable lasagna. Layers of noodles, thin slices of eggplant or zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, marinara and cheese.

Stuffed portabella mushrooms. I enjoy them grilled also instead of the meat.

Grilled green tomatoes. Peel and slice tomatoes. Drizzle with oil, add garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Grill until tender. Really good.

Stuffed tomatoes.

Salads with either couscous, orzo or a grain. Add vegetables and a lemon vinaigrette.

Few suggestions. Good luck! :)

• adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Veggie 'meatballs' made out of rolled oats, onion, egg and cottage cheese and some grated cheese - golf size balls covered in pureed tomato and baked. Yummy!
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    http://ohmyveggies.com/ everything on this site is delicious
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Low fat mushroom risotto -- about.com recipe. We're making it tomorrow night (Friday in Lent). And, since my daughter has celiac, I'm even making their homemade vegetable broth to use in it instead of canned (can't get a straight answer if it's gluten free or not)
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    I like these 2 recipes from this app called sidechef. Smoked tofu summer rolls and fried zucchini ribbons. You can choose vegetarian in the search
  • vbenoit81
    vbenoit81 Posts: 22
    Options
    Cabbage Steak: roast in the oven for 15 min on one side and 15 on the other at 400. Season the cabbage on both sides with your favorite seasoning and butter (use vegetarian sub). This is the best cabbage I have ever had. I use supreme salad seasoning (I am not a vegetarian; it has parm cheese in it), garlic, salt, and pepper. The crispy cabbage that comes from roasting is the best part.
  • Leeesh_w
    Leeesh_w Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Zuchinni noodles with pesto and cherry tomatoes <3
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    vbenoit81 wrote: »
    Cabbage Steak: roast in the oven for 15 min on one side and 15 on the other at 400. Season the cabbage on both sides with your favorite seasoning and butter (use vegetarian sub). This is the best cabbage I have ever had. I use supreme salad seasoning (I am not a vegetarian; it has parm cheese in it), garlic, salt, and pepper. The crispy cabbage that comes from roasting is the best part.

This is my favorite way to make cabbage. I brush mine with olive oil, then sprinkle with S&P and fennel seed. It is so good and really low in calories.