Let's clear up a misconception

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I think Peeps are okay. I don't go out of my way to buy them but I'll eat them if offered.

I do however really want to try them in smores.

That could be fun, holding them over a fire watching them roast. I kinda think the sugar on the outside could cause a problem.

A tasty problem!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made a comment about the twinkie diets (referring to an experiment done by a professor) and I had a couple of bros on me thinking that I was talking about them. I'm sorry but I find the whole bullying of clean eating people to be extremely annoying.

I'm not even a clean eater myself, and I feel sorry for those people. Every time somebody does a comment, there are 10 bros attacking them with the same old same old calorie in calorie out.

I now I see 14 pages of making fun of them. People can't even do a low carb subject without being bothered by the flexible eating crowd.

Ever heard of live and let live? Why does it bother you so much than some people eat no transformed food and talk about it?

Ironic post is ironic.

• juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    MMMMM Bacon, pie, ice-cream, chocolate, wine etc - couldn't live without any of them and wouldn't want to live if I had to...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made a comment about the twinkie diets (referring to an experiment done by a professor) and I had a couple of bros on me thinking that I was talking about them. I'm sorry but I find the whole bullying of clean eating people to be extremely annoying.

I'm not even a clean eater myself, and I feel sorry for those people. Every time somebody does a comment, there are 10 bros attacking them with the same old same old calorie in calorie out.

I now I see 14 pages of making fun of them. People can't even do a low carb subject without being bothered by the flexible eating crowd.

Ever heard of live and let live? Why does it bother you so much than some people eat no transformed food and talk about it?

how is the view on that high horse of yours?
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Ironic post is ironic.
    Go read any low carb or clean eating post and go look at the comments...
  • ndj1979
    Options

Ironic post is ironic.

please post the links to said threads, and we will be happy to take a look.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Ironic post is ironic.

The argument for why people like to clear up misinformation in people's posts has been done earlier in the thread. If you go back a few pages, you will see them.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Ironic post is ironic.

You means the ones that state they eat clean out or low carb out of personal preference or the ones that state that they do that because it's the only way to lose weight and they don't have to count calories eating that way?

You're missing all the context in your rush to judgment.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Ironic post is ironic.

Your opinion is irrelevant, you're clearly a bro. :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options

Ironic post is ironic.

Your opinion is irrelevant, you're clearly a bro. :laugh:

but I put my shirt back on!!!!!
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Does constantly making fun of people that have different eating paterns than you making you feeling better about yourself?

The irony in all of this is that soon enough 10 of you are going to start criticizing my post. This is exactly this type of borderline bullying I was referring about.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Does constantly making fun of people that have different eating paterns than you making you feeling better about yourself?

The irony in all of this is that soon enough 10 of you are going to start criticizing my post. This is exactly this type of borderline bullying I was referring about.

You came into this thread and bagan criticizing this OP.

Pot, meet kettle.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Telling people that what they're saying is factually wrong is not bullying. If someone says they can eat however much they want regardless of calories just because it's "clean" they'll get called out. Becaues it's incorrect.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Did we get the bullying/mean people bingo square in this thread yet? Hot dang! We've got everything now.
  • ndj1979
    Options

not making fun of you.

I am pointing out the irony in your post. You came into the thread and starting calling people "bully's" and then called them all "bros", and then complained that MFP is not nicer. So you want to act like you are above the fray, but then you do the exact same thing that you are complaining others are doing.

Please point out where I made fun of anyone with a different eating pattern then me. I expect an exact quote ...

For the record, this thread is not about "eating patterns" it is about clearing up the misconception hat moderation is about consuming a diet of 100% sugar,cookies, cake, etc...

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Did we get the bullying/mean people bingo square in this thread yet? Hot dang! We've got everything now.

Yes. And I really wonder if this is considered bullying, how nice other people's lives must be. Because real bullying can be devastating for people.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    jacksonpt wrote: »

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

But bro, do you even poop?
    Yep, pretty much every day. Why?

lets just say your diary looks delicious and i envy you your digestive system.
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "Start Over" on Monday
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    734590_506568392737403_1528353008_n.jpg?oh=d0f977db1d7cd5b6439b0a2b8317d0e8&oe=55878ECF&__gda__=1434659630_fc9745c02a1a674186c40c43641e4e8b

I'll just leave this here...
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Yes. And I really wonder if this is considered bullying, how nice other people's lives must be. Because real bullying can be devastating for people.

Word. Since when did disagreeing with people and correcting their misconceptions become bullying?

This discussion has been closed.