What is your recommended small change to make?

Options
13»

Replies

• jenlo1971
    jenlo1971 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I half my restaurant meals. The rest of my family usually eats the leftovers.
    I try to move more. I have a Fitbit and sometimes I just walk around my house at night more in order to reach my goal.
    I exercise 3-5 times a week.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Track everything - good, bad or ugly. You can't control your consumption if you don't know what and how much you are consuming.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    skipping breakfast
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Log your food night before
  • ceevee6
    ceevee6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I cut out adding sugar/sweetener to my coffee and tea! I've learned how sickeningly sweet many coffee beverages (see Starbucks lattes) are made to be.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Eat less of ALL the types of food I've always eaten, without cutting anything out. It's the only way I've stuck with this. Oh... and having my goal at 0.5 lb loss/week, that way I have a lot of calories to eat while losing weight.

This was the biggest help to me this go-around and this go-around has been much more successful than anything in the past.

Also, finding an exercise that you enjoy and sticking with it and not trying to force yourself to do something you hate doing.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Kitchen scales. Tiny change - massive difference in actual calorie intake!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    make special food shopping trips just for you. This way you will always have your "go to" foods available.
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can echo so many other's comments - water, moving more, moderation of portions, kitchen scales, etc. Mine would be lowering your sodium intake, and eating more foods that are naturally high in potassium.
  • salemxo
    salemxo Posts: 96
    Options
    Drinking lots of water, and swapping regular tea or coffee with herbal tea.

Also swapping treats I like with a healthy alternative is helping. If I want candy I'll have some fruit I really like (strawberries, raspberries, pineapple) or crisps or chocolate I'll replace with a low calorie alternative such as Weight Watchers 100 calorie versions etc etc.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    For me: Snack well. If I snack when I'm hungry, then I don't feel blah because my blood sugar is low, or I'm hungry. It also means that I'm not starving at meal times so I will eat a reasonable portion, and I don't have to worry that I'll be hungry later and binge if I know I can have a snack. It means I'm eating all the time, but eating controlled portions, and never feel like I'm restricting myself.

It's not for everyone, but it's a small change that has helped a lot for me.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the tips, I decided Im going to go down the list and try a new one every day or week depending on the tip :) See what works
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    Kitchen scales. Tiny change - massive difference in actual calorie intake!

This, for me.