Sixers Holiday Challenge-Week 3

Options

Replies

• tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I hope that all is well with you. I have been in a funk all wee. i have not eaten correctly, i have not exercised, I have not talked to you guys. I made a healthy lunch yesterday and it stayed in my car and I ate pizza(veggie) but still pizza for lunch. Please pray that get a hold of myself and get the energy to return to my purpose.
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey ladies..

Im trying to get back on track now. Seems the past few weeks Ive not been as good keeping up my exercise and watching what I eat. Guess Im just in that stage where I am comfortable where Im at and just wanting to relax for awhile. I still have atleast 40lbs left to go, so Im trying to kick myself back into gear.

Today foodwise:
    1- kashi cereal, almond milk
    2- sushi (tuna, california roll, bbq eel, salmon) and a glass of chardonnay
    3- protein shake, chz stick
    4- south beach wrap meal - southwest ckn or something
    5- klondike ice cream thing, reduced fat, cals and sugar

My exercise today was 73 min at the gym..on the treadmill and the elliptical, didnt have time for weights. Burnt 850 cals.

Tomorrow Im going to the gym again, and will hopefully have time to work in some free weights!

Wish me luck ladies, Im trying to get back into the groove!!!!

Pedal, congrats on the big loss this week!! YAY!! :flowerforyou:
    Kristin- So glad to see you are back to normal from your injury, and congrats on the loss!!
    Deb- I find it hard to keep track when I am so busy as well, thats why Ive been a lil MIA here lately..I have 2 more finals to go and cant wait til I am done this semester!!!
    Cathy and Shanell- You guys will breeze by 200 in no time :) Good work, and keep going strong!!!
    Amylou- Congrats on the black dress fitting better!! Soon it will be too big- just keep up the great work!!

Okay thats all the personals I can remember right now, I got to get back to the books....Biology final is tomorrow!!

Have a great night all and a great Thursday!!!

:heart:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Rhiannon- congrats on the NORMAL range! I can't wait on that day. That deserves some celebration.

Robin- You are doing great, one bad day is allowed. Keep at it and Good luck this week

Amy- you have made progress. You are no longer 208... I know you can do it. Good luck and be careful buying workout clothes. If you like me I buy too many .... I just love shopping. Enjoy the progress you have made by addressing your health this year.

Becky- You can do it. I am glad you joined the group. Its fun getting to know you and everyone.

Tan- You can do it! Keep your eye on your goals.... at least one eye. We are all here for support. Try just focusing on one or two goals, like water drinking and 15 mins of fitness. Everything adds up. Good luck

AmyLou-I know school can be stressful. Good luck! Keep up the progress.

Katy- Good luck w/ finals. Stay focused! :)

Cathy & Shannel- A mother and daughter team is the BEST. I am proud of you ladies good luck!

Well as for me, I am doing well enough. Today I realized that I am starting to pick up some bad habits. I was actually thinking about eating after 8 pm tonight and not because I was hungry. I mean it was a struggle to keep myself out the kitchen. I said to myself, You aren't hungry so quit it! It worked tonight but I am worried about my near lapse in judgement. Maybe its because I'm a little stressed, worried about Mom and looking for a job. I also realized that when I reach my goal weight this issue could come up again. I have to conquer this. I sometimes which I never started this improper relationship with food. Anyway, thanks for listening and take care!!

Tamm
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning ladies...
    well, DH decided since he didn't work last night (too tired) he would GO w/me:noway: to take son at 5. i am thinking what why don't you TAKE him instead of GOing w/me???? men just don't get it. well, he can't eat now until after a drs appt. it's not until 2:30. he started to make toast and i said you can't eat, oh yea... than i said that's why i make mine at 8:15 AM. again men...but, the world would be a mess if they ever GOT IT!!!!:laugh:
    doing good in my little neck of the woods. tired time to go back to bed for a few.....:yawn:
    cathy
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good morning,

Tam- Thanks for the support!

Food today:
    1.Egg whites with FF shredded chz, salsa and jalapenos, and some fresh strawberries
    2. Kashi granola bar, banana
    3. South beach crispy meal bar, baby carrots
    4. fiber one bar, grapefruit
    5. Salad with tomato, and healthy choice soup or boca chili bowl

Exercise- 30 min on treadmill, 30 min on elliptical, maybe free weights if I can fit them in!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

:heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    GOOD morning ladies! Wow...I can't seem to get caught up with all the posts!

Katy...So happy to see you! Good luck finishing finals! Don't worry...I'm sure you'll be back on here full-swing when you are done with those!

Cathy...I'm glad to see you in a better mood! And yah...Men just don't get it!:laugh:

Tamm...Yay for small successes!!! You kept yourself outta the kitchen!!!:drinker:

Tan...You'll be okay...just plan all your meals...that's the only thing I've found that works for me. Good luck...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Everyone else...good morning!

Last night was good for me! I went to the gym after work and got a good 25 minute run in...but my HRM didn't read correctly...so I calculated based on time and speed compared to what I normally run, minus some calories so I didn't over-estimate. Then I went to 1 hour Body Pump...which was great...as always! Then home, made the pork chops, green beans, and baked potatos...YUM! Had some hersheys kisses again, but still went to bed with calories remaining. Another successful day! Oh...and I put up a new picture...showing my very little bicep...but we shall see how it grows!!!:wink::laugh:

Here's the meal plan so far for today:

Breakfast
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Nabisco - Instant Cream of Wheat, 1 packet 90
    Total breakfast 224

AM snacks
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Kashi Tlc - Soft Baked Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bar, 1 bar (35 mg) 110
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 12 fl. oz. 0
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Carrots - Frozen, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 1 cup, sliced 54
    Beefsteak Bread - Pumpernickel bread, 2 slices 120
    Athenos - Hummus - Original, 2 tbsp 50
    Alfalfa seeds - Sprouted, raw, 1 cup 10
    Kraft - Fat Free Singles - Swiss, 1 slice 30
    Total lunch 344

Afternoon snacks
    Grapes - Raw, 1 cup 62
    Kashi - TLC Chewy Granola Bars - Cherry Dark Chocolate, 1 bar 120
    Total afternoon snacks 182

Dinner
    HomeMade - Cheesy Noodle Dish, 1 cup 229
    Home made basic salad with spritzer dressing, 1 meal 83
    Total dinner 312

PM snacks
    Depends on calories remaining after workout!

Total: 1,202
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: -2
    Exercise plan: 1/2 hour elliptical, 45 minute step class, 15 minute Ab workout

SO...I should have lots of calories this evening...maybe I will have something more with dinner...and I also brought some pecans to work, so may have those this afternoon...I will report later!

Well...gotta get to some work...I'll BBL!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Here's the recipe for tonight's dinner...I haven't made it yet, but it sounds really good. :tongue: So...enjoy!

Cheesy Noodle Dish

1 (10 oz. can) Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
    1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
    2/3 Cup Shredded Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
    2/3 Cup Shredded Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
    4 oz. Whole Wheat Wide Noodles, uncooked
    1 Cup Frozen Whole-Kernel Corn, thawed
    8 oz. Cooked Chicken Breast, cut into cubes

Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Combine Soup & Italian Seasoning. Add Cheese. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Add noodles, corn, & chicken. Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.

Serves: 5 (1 cup each)
    Per Serving: 229 Calories; 2g Fat (7.6% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 29mg Cholesterol; 746mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Fat. WWP: 4 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning Ladies! This is rare for me to be up but I took my little sister to school this morning!

My meal plan: (isn't this amazing, I'm actually gonna plan ahead of time. I am excited)

BF: 1/4 cup Kroger 100% natural cereal (oats, raisin, honey)
    S: Apple
    L: Salad w/ almond slivers, chicken (2 oz), green peppers and carrots... w/ balsamic v.
    S: 100 cal pack of kettle corn
    D: chicken spaghetti- tomato sauce, wheat pasta and green beans

Well ladies.... I hope everyone has a good day! Oh yeah Cathy- you are sooooo right about men! LOL
    Katy- have a great day!

Almost forgot the fitness plan: LOL! Elliptical 30 min, Treadmill (intervals) 15 min, Bike 15 mins and squat series!

BTW: Kristin- I like the new picture and I will make the noodle dish this weekend. Sounds tasty. Also what kind of heartrate monitor do you use. I have it as one of my MVP on my christmas list this year. I was researching the PolarF6. Well does anyone else know of a good heart rate monitor?
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Kristen, Love the new photo! Your hair looks darker & I like it on you. I must get a decent photo to use, maybe today. You are working so hard and stay so committed & it shows. You are really a wonderful leader and inspiration for this group. :flowerforyou:

Cathy, Yikes Men- I think you have to tell them exactly what you want. They can't or won't just figure it out themselves. :smile:

Pedal, Take the time you need to rest and renew. You will be refreshed and remotivated again. Staying on top of everything all the time is exhausting and it's hard to find the right balance. Hope your feeling energized again soon. :flowerforyou:

Tamm, It's too bad that you have the worries about your mom. Don't forget about the positive changes you have made. You are making progress; like stopping and thinking about what you are doing before you eat when not really hungry. :happy:

tjones7, It is a hard time of year to turn things around, but do your best so you don't regain the 5 pounds you lost. :flowerforyou:

Katy, Looks like you've gotten back to planning & posting your meal & exercise for the day again. That is really great to do, especially when you are so busy with finals. I need to get back to the planning. :bigsmile:

So far today; I've had my coffee w/ creamer, oatmeal w/ brown sugar splenda, & banana. Just started on my water. I don't have a plan for the rest of the day yet, but a list of things to do so big that I probably won't get through that. If I don't have time to plan I should probably make myself some rules to follow so I don't regain any weight. I don't want to make this so hard on myself that I just throw it all away and say it's too hard & time consuming to do.

My rules if I don't have time to plan:

Drink my water daily
    Exercise at least 3-4 times per week (even if only a few minutes; after a few I should feel like I may as well do more since I've come this far)
    Eat at least 1 fruit & veggie per day
    Have soup and salad for lunch &/or dinner whenever possible
    Weigh in twice a week

I hope to stick to these rules as best I can through the holidays. I am really worried about gaining any more weight back. I will be very excited to really focus in January. I hope our group will stay together in 2009. I will keep in mind that tomorrow is a weigh in day again.

Have a great day everyone:happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Tamm...I have a Polar F6 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You have to wear a chest strap which takes a little getting used to at first, but I have quickly become dependant on it! You will LOVE it!!!!

Deb...thank you! My hair isn't really any darker...it was wet (we were in the hot tub last night).

Later Gaters!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Gooood morning everyone. I WISH the tail end of this bug would just GO. It's not the bug so much as my energy. Oh, and appetite. But I'm feeling bloated too. Really dumb time to sneak a look at the scale... :grumble:

Kristin, you look wonderful! And good for such a nice work out!

Katy, you'll get back on track :wink:

Deb, I have the Polar F6 too and ADORE it.

Cathy, frustrating... :laugh:

Okay, I just had a moment but wanted to say hi. I hope to plan my meals for the day but I don't know what I'll be okay with eating. I was under yesterday by only 44 cals so I was pleased with that. I don't want to go days without getting much in!
    I'll come back later at SOME point :happy:
  • alliestar79
    alliestar79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies-
    Sorry i have been MIA- My whole fam has been sick and now i have it...i am reading just not posting.
    Still think about you gals all the time though.

I missed weigh in....so i will be sure to post on Friday.

XOXOXO
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I think this was the last one. Just need a few of you gals to update (separated at the bottom) for this week. So, Allie...when you weigh-in tomorrow and you other gals whenev!:happy:

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 158 / Progress: -1
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.2 / Progress: +.4
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 200.8 / Progress -.6
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 153.2 / Progress: -2.4
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 221 / Progress -3.0
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 168.4/ Progress -5.6
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 148/ Progress -3.
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 210.0 / Progress -1
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 162 / Progress +1.0
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 179.8 / Progress -3.4
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 192 / Progress -2

Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0

Rhiannon and Allie...I hope you both feel better soon. How miserable! I hate being sick!

And all you gals...thanks for the kind words...I SO want to buff up my arms so thought a picture would be good to compare to as I continue!

Well...time to go eat lunch! I'll BBL!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    sorry shanell shouldn't have told you to eat that cheesecake. i was just teasing you. you are doing great, like you said you will just have to work it off. walk around the warehouse.....keep up your good work....
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    That's OK Mom. If it turns out good, I'll make him make me a lower fat kind and sub the sugar for splenda and regular cream cheese with low fat. But, can't wait to try it!!!
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I made a cheese cake on Thanksgiving with Splenda and low fat cream cheese.... No one could tell and it was fantastic! = ) So enjoy it!

Okay everybody... I am going to attempt to start logging my food.. but you gals are gonna yell at me - (I think).... I don't eat breakfast... I can't seem to make myself - the best I can do is a banana or an apple - and I have to say then I am WAY over on my sugars for the day... But then I find myselft struggling to make my calories for the day (only because of exercise of course).... I don't know.. I come home for lunch and do well.. usually a sandwich on whole wheat, with either veggies or low fat chips or a baked potatoe... dinner I might even over do. I am okay doing it like that or will my metabolism never speed up?
  • chipper15173
    Options
    rlh....ok, i am confused on what you are talking about. do you count sugars? and you said not making your calories, do you mean by not eating them all? i make myself go to a certain amount (1470) that's my base. i don't (try) not to go over 1700, no matter what my exercise calories give me. this way if i have a hungry day i am ok. in fact i still have 200 to get in tonight. i will have some grapes. you need to eat something for breakfast....a piece of fruit would be fine. have a snack mid-moring to help take you to lunch. you will do fine. post your meals, we will help you, if you need it or make suggestions.

i am in such a good mood today. son is going to start paying me rent and he got the last of the parts for his car today, (hope it will run this weekend) and he got back the escrow money from his house. alls good here.

off to eat some grapes and put my jammies on. pray tomorrow is my last 5am morning......oh no, wedding ring is sliding off my finger. DH said we will get it resized when i hit goal. i have some fakes i can wear, so if i lose those it won't be nothing... need to put these in the jewlery box...a good sign....

cathy
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cathy - I don't count sugars.. just what the website tells me... and I usually go way over on sugar... but most of it is coming from fruit... so I don't know if that is a good sugar or what...

And congrats on the necessary resize... and the good luck for your son.

becky
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Cathy, a jewelry store might also be able to put a ring adjuster on it, it's just a tiny bar that goes across the inside of the ring, making it tighter. I had one on my engagement ring, I was a 7 1/2 when I got it, and by the time we were married, my finger was only a 6. After I got my wedding ring, I had the engagement ring resized to fit. Of course, having gained weight again, I haven't been able to wear them for the past 6 months to a year....

26005_large.gif

I think there's also plastic rings that go on the inside of your ring too, but I haven't seen or used those. You can do a search for ring adjustors on the internet and find them. Or go to your jewelery store.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    bunny...yea, i have seen these before. mine has been welded together, so three bands wide. the set has been resized 3 times. it's now a solid gold section. no biggy i just dug out a fakey set.

idl. i don't have sugar on my food chart. i am a diabetic, so yes natural sugar (as in fruit) is a good sugar. i beleive that if it is natural or made natural your body knows what to do the nurtriants. i use butter not margaine for example.

have a good night.