What's your favorite breakfast?!

Options
I'm looking for some breakfast ideas! I don't want to get bored of eating the same few things. Please share what healthy things you enjoy for breakfast!

Replies

• DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well to start off I drink a 10Floz protein shake every morning (1 scoop 33g cookies & cream) & usually compliment that with a glass of water and 1/2c plain oatmeal. But every once in a while I pour a 2 serving bowl (1 1/2 cup) of Special K cereal and instead of using milk I just pour my protein shake it in. It's really good! Special K Chocolate/Strawberry is my favorite flavor right now
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Chex Gluten Free Original oatmeal mixed with 2 Tbsp of PB2 and a scrambled egg.
  • tjsingh91
    tjsingh91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eggwhites and 1 real egg with turkey bacon.

Or if im looking for a change up

A cup of cheerios with almond milk sometimes but theres nothing good in there.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Two eggs fried over hard with 7g of cheese, 15g sour cream, and 5g sriracha.

Or 1/2 cup oatmeal with some brown sugar

Or a bagel with 2 servings of whatever cream cheese I'm using...but fancy bagels...not store bought stuff.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Fruit on the bottom greek yogurt and oatmeal with half a scoop of cookies n cream protein powder in it instead of sugar. Sounds weird buti love it!
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes, squash, peppers, mushrooms, tofu and eggs
  • eatingforspawn
    eatingforspawn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs over mashed sweet potatoes or whole grain bread! Topped with a dash of salt(I love pink Himalayan salt) Cracked black pepper and paprika.
  • vbaez6
    vbaez6 Posts: 18
    Options
    Every morning I have 2 scrambled eggs (I need to start taking the yolks out but they taste too good) and I add a side of about 6 strawberries. On my cheat days I add whipped cream and sugar to the strawberries as an extra treat. This holds me over until lunch if I am busy enough.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Everything bagel with smoked salmon, and herb & garlic cream cheese. Usually accompanied by fruit and coffee, or iced black tea. It's what I eat for breakfast almost every morning.
  • gmeg23
    gmeg23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well to start off I drink a 10Floz protein shake every morning (1 scoop 33g cookies & cream) & usually compliment that with a glass of water and 1/2c plain oatmeal. But every once in a while I pour a 2 serving bowl (1 1/2 cup) of Special K cereal and instead of using milk I just pour my protein shake it in. It's really good! Special K Chocolate/Strawberry is my favorite flavor right now
    I'm looking for some breakfast ideas! I don't want to get bored of eating the same few things. Please share what healthy things you enjoy for breakfast!

I have egg whites on a flat out bread and some deli ham with spinach and tomato usually 230 calories with green tea

• vbenoit81
    vbenoit81 Posts: 22
    Options
    I love soft boil eggs. You boil your eggs for 6 minutes, then quickly cool them. It is like eating an over easy eggs without the worry of breaking the yolk while cooking the eggs.
  • jalarson23
    jalarson23 Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like to make homemade breakfast sausage (they taste better and are healthier) into patties and freeze them until ready to cook. I heat these up with scrambled eggs.

I also prep a breakfast smoothie the night before and blend in the morning for a quick breakfast. I don't find them as filling though and usually need to supplement with something else. I usually use a banana, some blueberries, yogurt, milk or orange juice, and something to sweeten it (agave, honey, maple syrup).
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I pretty much have the exact same breakfast every day... Either:

Oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar, dash of cinnamon and some vanilla extract - or -
    Grits with 2 eggs. Depending on my mood, I may also add cheese.

On the weekends I may make pancakes and bacon with eggs...like once or twice a month maybe.

But yeah, if we ever ran out of oatmeal or grits, there'd be a state of emergency at my home...In the last 18 years, I ran out of oatmeal once. Literally, just once. I still remember that day LoL

ETA: Just remembered...I *just* signed up for EatThisMuch.com, and this is my first week giving it a try. Today was my first day actually, and I set it so that I still eat my usual breakfast, but on weekends willing to try something different.

So, tomorrow I will be making Manicotti Pancakes for breakfast, and on Sunday, Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes. Hrmm..not much different from my usual actually lol

• jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    When berries look good I will get 2-3 kinds at a time and put 30g each in either greek yogurt or oatmeal.

I eat a lot of 2 egg whites and one whole egg.

Turkey sausage patties with an egg white aren't too bad if you can tolerate all the sodium.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats! Oats, chia seeds and soy milk with some combination of banana, blueberries, peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, cinnamon etc. as add-ins. Prep at night and stick it in the fridge for the morning :)
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I like cereal (usually plain Special K) and Silk light vanilla soy milk with yogurt, fruit, or toast. If I don't have cereal, I make oatmeal with soy milk and brown sugar.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    corn and wheat tortilla, fried egg over medium, 1 tbsp lite shredded cheese, cayenne pepper sauce, fresh garlic. Recently discovered how well eggs cook in the microwave. tortilla goes in a microwave safe bowl with a lid. crack egg on tortilla, add cheese and hot sauce, secure lid on bowl and nuke for 45 seconds, add freshly chopped garlic, fold, enjoy.
  • siurzua
    siurzua Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is my supercharged Yevo rice cereal<3 Its loaded with 43 essential nutrients, omegas 3,6 and an amazing 25grams of protein! It feels amazing to start the day super nutrified:D I also add some blueberries and my coffee of course:D
  • Summerluv326
    Summerluv326 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great breakfast ideas everyone!!
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I mix a serving of Kashi go lean cereal with a serving of either cocoa puffs or lucky charms with unsweetened Almond milk.

A bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and diced strawberries.

Four whole eggs with two egg whites.

Overnight oats is another thing I enjoy.