Epsom salt baths for weight loss

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Short term aid to hit weight classes and competition standard

From your profile shot this doesn't look like your lifestyle, but I may be wrong

If you wanna dehydrate, sodium loading then depletion; limiting water intake; or red wine

If I was the kind of person to try this, I'm not, ...I think I'd hit the red wine in a salt bath :smile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    picard-facepalm-o.gif
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Please name each "toxin" you're trying to get rid of.
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MFP = Magical Fitness pal

Hey ndj1979, absolutely, loving the magic, managed to get up to 2min 30secs on my planks, up to 40 press ups but since i can't target fat loss from specific areas i'm just plugging on, would just be nice to tighten up a bit. I know it will come, with time, calorie deficit and exercise. I was only interested in this as a once a week way to sweat a bit as i find saunas too intense for me.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Well, if youtube and MMA fighters say it true then I will submit the evidence to the International Journal of Beliefs and Feelings
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Ian_Davies wrote: »

Hey ndj1979, absolutely, loving the magic, managed to get up to 2min 30secs on my planks, up to 40 press ups but since i can't target fat loss from specific areas i'm just plugging on, would just be nice to tighten up a bit. I know it will come, with time, calorie deficit and exercise. I was only interested in this as a once a week way to sweat a bit as i find saunas too intense for me.

Ya know ...once you can hit a minute in a plank extra time just makes you better at planks ...make them dynamic instead ...and progressive weight training
  • Ian_Davies
    Options
    The title of this thread says "for weight loss," not "for bloating." so this is most likely why people are confused and telling you that it's pointless and dangerous to dehydrate yourself.

Thanks blueseraphchaos, i'm definitely not dehydrating myself, was drinking during and after (no wine just water and green tea).

All - apologise for any confusion, i was only asking since you all have more knowledge than me and i am keen to learn. Although starting to regret asking now.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Well, if youtube and MMA fighters say it true then I will submit the evidence to the International Journal of Beliefs and Feelings

LMAO
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

thanks for validating your thread with your stats…

curious..

what is your one rep max for squats and deadlifts….?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Well, that kind of soak can be great for achy legs--I do that when I've been dancing too much on concrete floors in high heels.

Since a lot of people are magnesium deficient, that can't hurt either.

As a weight loss tool though? Ridiculous.
  • Ian_Davies
    Options

thanks for validating your thread with your stats…

curious..

what is your one rep max for squats and deadlifts….?

Due to finances I am not in a gym so everything is bodyweight at the moment.
    I am working on improving my press-ups, trying to get to a diamond hand position but i find my triceps are not as strong so started to add dips (off a chair). I am a paper pusher so have to make my exercises at home.
    I started using the kitchen counter, move to the bath edge, then the floor, i put a couple of books under my hands so i can get my chest deeper, I am hoping to do elevated ones soon but have been trying to copy good technic off you tube videos.
  • Ian_Davies
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Ya know ...once you can hit a minute in a plank extra time just makes you better at planks ...make them dynamic instead ...and progressive weight training

Thanks rabbitjb - before i google dynamic planks - learning what i can from the internet - what would you suggest. While I have been on the weight loss journey for a while by controlling my food in, i'm still teaching myself about good exercises to do at home.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Were you going to a special event, that required you do lose water weight for 5 minutes?
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know it will come, with time, calorie deficit and exercise.

You already have your answer.

You sound like you're doing fine. Just carry on. There are no quick fixes (as much as we all wish there were no matter what our goals may be).

But the fact there are no quick answers means that when we get to those goals it will be worth so much more. Hang in there :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments. I haven't once mentioned fat loss. I was wanting to tighten things up in areas where i am a bloated and while i drink 2+ litres a day of water pulling out toxins that sit within the skin seemed to be a good way of helping cleanse.

Again. The scale may go down for a few days. Then it will go back up. Dehydrating yourself doesn't cleanse you of anything, other than water. And being dehydrated isn't a good thing.
  • Ian_Davies
    Options
    I know it will come, with time, calorie deficit and exercise.

You already have your answer.

You sound like you're doing fine. Just carry on. There are no quick fixes (as much as we all wish there were no matter what our goals may be).

But the fact there are no quick answers means that when we get to those goals it will be worth so much more. Hang in there :)

Thanks Silverrose89, really appreciate your positive support. I wish you every success in your goals too, definitely not looking for a short cut as i don't think there are any and i am trying to make this a life style. I do love the knowledge i am gaining from reading the forum.

Hanging in there :)
  • Ian_Davies
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Were you going to a special event, that required you do lose water weight for 5 minutes?

Nope :) although my confidence is pretty low and it would be nice to feel like I am winning. I know i am on the right road and i will get to my end goal, just wears away when belly fat is clearly the last thing that is going anywhere.

• Ian_Davies
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments. I haven't once mentioned fat loss. I was wanting to tighten things up in areas where i am a bloated and while i drink 2+ litres a day of water pulling out toxins that sit within the skin seemed to be a good way of helping cleanse.

Again. The scale may go down for a few days. Then it will go back up. Dehydrating yourself doesn't cleanse you of anything, other than water. And being dehydrated isn't a good thing.

Thanks Sabine, I'm a lot more conscious of the importance of hydration so do drink a lot of water. definitely not aiming or wanting to dehydrate.
  • Ian_Davies
    Options

From your profile shot this doesn't look like your lifestyle, but I may be wrong

If you wanna dehydrate, sodium loading then depletion; limiting water intake; or red wine

If I was the kind of person to try this, I'm not, ...I think I'd hit the red wine in a salt bath :smile:

I might just take your red wine tip :), thanks Rabbit. And you're right, not planning any competition stuff.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

I might just take your red wine tip :), thanks Rabbit. And you're right, not planning any competition stuff.

Please don't ...I was being sarcastic :grinning: