what's the best advice you have been given??

Options
2»

Replies

• oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    "If you want it enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

I say this out loud to myself every time I'm dithering about whether or not I want to work out or whether I want the cheesecake or the cucumbers.
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To embrace the Paleo diet and to recognise that you can't stick to it all the time!!! I feel great!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    No one's given me the best advice. I'm usually the one providing it. And I tell myself "I do what I want because I can. I'm just that great." It's applicable to everything in my life.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    - The difference between try and triumph is just a little oomph!
    - Everybody has off days, just get back on the horse
    - It's never too late to make a change - why wait until the next day? You can start whenever you like!
    - Resistance equals results (from my spinning instructor)
    - We didn't put the weight on overnight, we can't expect to lose it as quickly.
    - Don't be afraid of strength training - you can't become the hulk by accident if you're female (even if you have PCOS!). I used to think strength training was a waste of time, because of the small amount of calories burnt whilst you're doing it, compared to cardio. Now I'm wiser, fitter and leaner, I know it's just as - if not more - important!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Choose to lose weight, several times a day, everyday.
    (I saw that on this site somewhere!)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Best advice: "Stop complaining about "needing" to lose weight - get off your butt and do something about it!"!!
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    To take it slow and be patient with this weight loss. My mom said in exact words "It didn't take you a overnight to gain that weight so don't expect yourself to lose it overnight." Love my mom!

I love this. Your mom is very wise:flowerforyou:
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Buddha
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Don't let a bad day turn into a bad week.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    my Doctor's advice - "Hey Ray, you need to lose weight or you wont live to see 50"
  • BeanieB21
    BeanieB21 Posts: 31
    Options
    track everything, good or bad!!

it helps me to see my off days, things i can improve on and also what im doing quite good at!

I see from my summery food diary that my dinners are good but my beakfast, not so much, so im working to improve on that and my snakcing :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Falling down is part of life..Getting back up is part of LIVING.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Exercise should be a reward for your body not a punishment - it makes it feel good and you feel good.

Eat Less Move More

Support is always better than going it alone.

The ONLY thing holding you back is YOU.
  • bekkyhughes
    bekkyhughes Posts: 63
    Options
    Throw away your scales.
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    "You've got three choices in life: give in, give up, or give it all you've got!"

"Do your best and forget the rest."

"Take it one day at a time, one pound at a time..."

"You are strong enough to do this."

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right, you believe in lies so that you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together"
    Marilyn Monroe
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    water, water, and more water
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    You are what you eat. Eat light and you'll be light. Eat heavy and you'll be heavy.
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options

And my mantra of the moment, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

Amen sister!!!!