How much does your maintenance weight fluctuate?

Options
For myself, depending on several factors like time of day, clothing, bathroom schedule, etc., I've seen fluctuations of almost 15 lbs. (!) from week to week. I try to keep a philosophical attitude about it, knowing that I maybe forgot to track this or that or underestimated something when not preparing my own food, but it makes me curious about what variances other folks see once they're in maintenance.

Replies

• WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate about 5 pounds - - nothing to worry about. It's not a perfect science. :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Normally about 4lbs for me - but I can see that fluctuation in a day as well as over a week.
    I also eat in an irregular pattern to suit my social life, my exercise and for easier overall calorie adherence over the course of a week.
    I've got a 7lb range of weight I consider to be maintenance.
  • pythonesk
    pythonesk Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You might want to always weigh yourself in the morning, naked and after going to the bathroom. That gives you a real baseline and a better idea of what's going on.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    pythonesk wrote: »
    You might want to always weigh yourself in the morning, naked and after going to the bathroom. That gives you a real baseline and a better idea of what's going on.

I do; the larger fluctuations come from - for example - getting weighed at the doctor's office (different scale, after eating and at an atypical time for me to weigh, in my clothes and winter boots).
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    My typical is 3 pounds - but I am 110 pounds. I'd say average would be 5-7 pounds.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Maybe 2 lbs
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 4/5 lbs and also thats what im happy with if it goes above those 5lb i cut my calories back until im in that weight range again x
  • SexY_ret1REE57
    SexY_ret1REE57 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WW_Jude_V2 wrote: »
    I can fluctuate about 5 pounds - - nothing to worry about. It's not a perfect science. :)

I also fluctuate ~ 5 pounds up and down. I try not to let the scale throw me. My clothes and stamina tells me I am improving. :wink:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I can be up as much as 8 pounds over a day or so, and then be back at maintenance again by end of week. Even WITH using the scale at the same time, with the same amount of clothes. I take the number, plot it, and look at trends. No biggie.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I can drop 8-10lbs overnight. Definitely nothing to be concerned with.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Some weekends I over indulge in pork rinds (whole 8oz barrel sometimes) so Monday i can expect up to 10lb gain of water retention. Typically flushes out by midweek though. Otherwise its pretty steady when i do my wake up daily weigh in.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    10-12lbs I also try not to weigh but a couple times a month at most. Not weighing to frequently seems to help it not bounce around as much as when I weighed weekly or more frequently.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Within 1kg, rather a bit less.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Roughly 7 pounds.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    5 pounds, but when I get to +4 pounds, I cut back a little.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    3-5 Lbs usually with the occasional outlier....

Also, I would suggest not weighing yourself with clothing on...how is clothing a part of your body weight?
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    2-3 lbs
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    From day to day, 2 lbs in either direction
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    3lbs at the most
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Usually about 2 lbs but I've seen as much as 6.