100 lbs in six months

Options

Replies

• lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding what works for you & the great success you've found in doing so!!! Amazing results!!! You look like a whole new person when you compare the pictures. Healthy & happy... good job!
  • jackeroo83
    jackeroo83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this with 100lbs is AMAZING. Really amazing. So, good for you! Also, I'm not a professional nutritionist, so take this with a grain of salt... I flipped through the past couple weeks of your diary and many days are 1000-1200 calories. It seems like that's a really low intake since as a 32 year old female at 5'3" I usually have at least 1400, and never below 1200. For that reason I can see why people would be concerned your weight loss would be difficult to maintain. Are you following a particular program? Make sure you keep it healthy!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Are you hangry by any chance?

LOL@ Tavistock Toad

• Dragonflag07
    Dragonflag07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done! As for Tryitonemoretime - there is nothing predetermined about peoples health. You can replace bad choices with good ones and not look back same way that some people quit cigarettes and it is FOREVER whilst others fall back into old ways.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Does not seem like this was done in a healthy way.

Congrats on the weightloss anyway.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done you! What an amazing transformation! You are one very handsome man, if I might say. And I'm guessing you're not totally disabled anymore? What is your cardiolgist saying now?
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No matter how you've done it you've done it and it's a fantastic accomplishment! I think it's important to be positive on this site. We need encouragement here and not judgement. WAY TO GO!!!!! Keep it up man, you're doing amazingly well!!!!
  • karinagw
    karinagw Posts: 25
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Y'all who are questioning how he did it and the health ramifications of the low cals might want to read the About me section. It explains the whole thing.

Way to go, Mr. Potts!!

Dear Debbie Downer, I see that you are trying to lose ~75 pounds? Why bother since according to you, it's just all going to come back anyway?

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great job! Make sure you find a calorie level that you can happily and healthily maintain with a fun-filled exercise routine to help you maintain in the long run! I hate the gym but love hiking and swimming and dance so I hope you have something to that makes you happy and active
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Nice work on the weight loss, but I do have a caution.

You generally eat 1000-1400 calories per day. That's not nearly enough to hit your body's various needs. In general people rebound and gain weight because extreme dieting reduces their lean body mass. I hope you will consider increasing your calorie intake for the sake of your health.

He's dr supervised, as I am on 1100 a day. He def should follow his dr's advice.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    What do you do?
    100 lbs in 6 months is too much

Most likely you will gain it back

What makes you say that? If OP is eating at a calorie deficit or maintaining calories he should have no problem keeping it off.

Everybody who lose weight will gain it all the weight back, and more

Some gain it fast, others gain it in longer period of time. Especially when you lose too soon, youll gain it soon too.

:laugh:

while a high percentage of people DO gain weight back, not everyone does...

Are you hangry by any chance?

The actual statistics show that a very high percentage of people gain the weight back, no matter how they lost the weight.

Losing weight is a difficult thing to do, for all of us, no matter how much we have to lose.
    Keeping the weight off, for over 5 years is even harder to do.

Losing the weight is a very big deal!

Congrats again!

is that not what i said!? :huh:

Sorry, I did not mean you. I meant the quote from "tryitonemoretime".

I agree with what you said. I apologize to you and the OP
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    What do you do?

What makes you say that? If OP is eating at a calorie deficit or maintaining calories he should have no problem keeping it off.

Some gain it fast, others gain it in longer period of time. Especially when you lose too soon, youll gain it soon too.

I think tryingitonemoretime should probably give up because with that attitude, why bother. I have lost and maintained a 260 lb weight loss for the past 4 years. The only way you gain it back is to stop paying attention to what you are eating and decrease your activity. However, its not inevitable that you will do that. You have done an awesome job, keep up the good work and stay focused. Ignore negative people (who probably haven't learned how to maintain- if they even got to goal, which is doubtful with a piss poor attitude- so turn bitter and try to drag everyone down with them). BTW I also haven't had a drink in 7 years, a cigarette in 9.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    writerkat wrote: »

You generally eat 1000-1400 calories per day. That's not nearly enough to hit your body's various needs. In general people rebound and gain weight because extreme dieting reduces their lean body mass. I hope you will consider increasing your calorie intake for the sake of your health.

He's dr supervised, as I am on 1100 a day. He def should follow his dr's advice.

Agreed. A lot of people on MFP seem to think that they are qualified to tell random people on the internet how they should go about eating and exercising.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    jkestens63 wrote: »
    What do you do?

I think tryingitonemoretime should probably give up because with that attitude, why bother. I have lost and maintained a 260 lb weight loss for the past 4 years. The only way you gain it back is to stop paying attention to what you are eating and decrease your activity. However, its not inevitable that you will do that. You have done an awesome job, keep up the good work and stay focused. Ignore negative people (who probably haven't learned how to maintain- if they even got to goal, which is doubtful with a piss poor attitude- so turn bitter and try to drag everyone down with them). BTW I also haven't had a drink in 7 years, a cigarette in 9.

^^This X10!

And congratulations to you jkestens63, on your amazing accomplishment and dedication. It takes a huge commitment to maintain! Well done!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you. My personal trainer had a man that lost 100 pounds in six months. I know you put in a lot of hard work and restraint on food cravings. I have lost 26 pounds since January 19 so I am trying to catch up with you.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    writerkat wrote: »

Nowhere in his profile or in the OP does he say that he's on a doctor supervised 1200 calorie diet. I also know that the nutritional training for most doctors is not very much. As I said, I was concerned his body's needs are not being met and that he is losing lean mass (which will reduce his BMR). This extends to others who want his type of success and are not being monitored by a doctor, but see his post and follow what he is doing.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Never change MFP.... never change.
  • tryitonemoretime
    Options
    I ve seen so many people losing 100+ lbs and came back again after 1-2 years.

Congrattdfgggghh
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What do you do?

Srsly? too bad you've lost hope. can't help you with that

I ve seen so many people losing 100+ lbs and came back again after 1-2 years.

Congrattdfgggghh

Because they were on a diet not a lifestyle change. :)

C'mon be optimistic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!