Sixers Holiday Challenge-Week 3

Options

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    OKAY! I'm done with feeling like poop and ready to get back on this thing!! I really shouldn't have weighed myself today because I knew I felt bloated. It didn't do great things for my day although I must admit, there is some joy to be found in what a bad day seems to mean to me now versus what it meant a couple of months ago (let alone just before starting this new life!!). I was very smart with breakfast (plain fat free yogurt w/ protein cereal) and lunch (very healthy spinach soup, 1 baked falafel patty, alfalfa sprouts w/ hummus & steamed broccoli with about 8 rotini noodles) and snack (apple) but Ava and I were luxuriating in our one-on-one time and it got too late to prepare the supper I had planned so I had a whole bagel (which all of a sudden seems like a ridiculous bagel portion to me!) - one side w/ 1 tbsp light cream cheese & hemp hearts, one side w/ cashew butter & banana AND I had a bowl of rice krispies & skim milk. Later on we went to see a Christmas tree display and I had a tea and unfortunately about 160 cals in chocolate. I haven't tracked my food today but I'm sure I'm over since I have no exercise cals. Not sure if I'll weigh-in tomorrow... if I wake up feeling bloated I won't because I need a morale boost! BUT, tried on the same jeans I tried just over a month ago at the GAP today. A month ago I would have bought a 10 and today I would have bought an 8. I did end up finding a pair of brown cords and a nice red top on huge sale at another store so I bought those and a necklace for UNDER $20 all together. Now I have two pair of pants that fit me properly right now! :laugh:

So, like I say I'm back in the game. I've planned out my meals tomorrow but still no work out. Waiting for Saturday. I'm sad that I've missed a whole week of C25K, especially because this would have been my 20 minute run week. I figure I'll need to take a day or two to ease back into it and then I'll go on with week 5.

Tomorrow's plan:

1) egg white omelette w/ skim milk cheese & low-sodium salsa
    2) gala apple & 4 walnuts
    3) chocolate protein shake & 3/4 medium banana
    4) 2 cups air-popped popcorn
    5) 1 small gingerbread cookie (I'm baking them tomorrow w/ my kiddos and Ava's best friend)
    6) 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ 1.6 tbsp almond butter
    7) Lentil vegetable chicken curry

That's 1379 cals, 21 under for the day. Maybe a tea with honey or something later on.

Tomorrow is a busy one and I'm so sorry for not posting personals this week so far. It's a busy time of year for everyone but I will get cheering again soon :bigsmile: :drinker: :heart:

Good night my FABULOUS Sixers!!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :noway: I hope this will delete my extra post
  • drtamm
    Options
    Ladies.... I must thank you all for the support. I don't know how I would make it without your help! :flowerforyou: Yay!!!

The polar6 it is then. I can't wait to get it! I am excited about staying focused on my fitness goals.

Allie: Welcome back, missed you and hope you feel better soon
    Rhiannon: just a little longer then you will be 100% again
    Becky: You know I love you... I want you to EAT BREAK----FAST: IE, breaking the fast from the night before. I only say this because I used to do the same thing. But, the fruit you are eating works too. Slowly but surely, you may learn to love breakfast. :wink:

Deb: Thanks for the kind words. I am focusing on me! and staying positive. Thanks a million!

Well ladies, I am up late because I slept 3 hrs ... a so called nap. It was raining all day and ... you know what happened. But I did stick to my meal plan and I actually worked out as planned 1hr cardio.

Take care
    Tamm

Weighing in tomorrow..... Nervous!
  • drtamm
    Options
    Sorry about the twice post..... I don't know why that happens sometimes. Can you delete one?

Hi Pedal... we are usually up late. Have a good nite!
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chipper - thanks for the info that helps alot. I always use margerine... good to know butter is better natural source. THANKS!
    I have a funeral to go to in the AM, and another xmas party tomorrow night, so yet another test of will power this weekend.

Well I weighed in... and it was good news again down 2 lbs from Tuesday. = ) I like Fridays... Good luck to all of you!

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 158 / Progress: -1
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.2 / Progress: +.4
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 200.8 / Progress -.6
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 153.2 / Progress: -2.4
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 221 / Progress -3.0
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 168.4/ Progress -5.6
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 146 Progress -5
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 210.0 / Progress -1
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 162 / Progress +1.0
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 179.8 / Progress -3.4
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 192 / Progress -2

Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I am off to finish my Christmas shopping & spend the day with my mom (she just wants to go out for dessert instead of lunch). My weigh in today was the same as monday. Thats ok with me; just don't want a gain.

Hope you all have a great day.:happy:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! Happy to report I am down a pound (157 this morning!):bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: Hoping to be down a bit more by Tuesday!!!

Last night was good...a great workout and then yummy dinner...that cheezy noodle dish is delish with a salad on the side...perfect! And Michael loved it too! I had some chocolate yet again, but still stayed under my calorie limit! Then did dishes and some cleaning and to bed.

Here's the plan for today:

Breakfast
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Multi Grain Cheerios & Banana, 1 meal 255
    Total breakfast 284

AM snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Baked Apple Spice Cereal Bar, 1 Bar 110
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Turkey&Cheese Sandwich, 1 meal 138
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 12 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Total lunch 253

Afternoon snacks
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72
    Total afternoon snacks 72

Dinner
    Pot Roast with mashed potatos and a salad...YUM! But I actually need some help figuring out the calories...I haven't been able to get them on spark so if anyone could help, that would be great. Here are the ingredients:

About 2.5 lb. pot roast
    1 packet dry Au Jus (1 oz.)
    1 packet dry zesty italian dressing (0.6 oz.)
    1 can light beer

And I'm figuring it will be about 6-8 servings...not sure yet. Michaels brother is staying over as they are going hunting VERY early tomorrow, so I needed something yummy that I didn't need to worry about. So, it's all cooking in the crock pot at home as we speak! So...if anyone figures nutrition on this, let me know please. I have the hardest time figuring things on my own.:blushing: Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Well...no exercise today. Right after work Michael and I are going to get our Christmas tree and get that all set up. I have a little cleaning to do before his brother gets there (the bathrooms and living room and getting sheets on the spare bed). So...hoping I can stay within calories. Fridays are usually my day off from exercise during the week, but it just so happens that it's usually Fridays when I make higher calorie dinners.:grumble: Of course, right?!:grumble: But I suppose everyone deserves a sort-of "off" day a week....not completely off, but maybe over by a bit. I'm usually under anyways. Do you think this is okay?

Well...time to get to some work. Girls...have a FABULOUS Friday!!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
    PM snacks
    Add Food
    Total: 749 139 8 18 26 1,392
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200 165 33 25 60 2,500
    Remaining: 451 26 25 7 34 1,108
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kristen I love the picture of you! Congrats on the loss...
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Becky! I can't wait until I have nice biceps, so thought I'd take a starting pic...there's little ones there...I swear!:laugh:
  • drtamm
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies:

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 158 / Progress: -1
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0

Congrats to:
    Becky: 2 lbs is wonderful. YAY!! I'm happy for you!
    Kristin: congrats on the 1lb. keep up the good work
    Deb: Maintaining is great! Keep smiling!

I am reporting a 1 lb removed. Now I am back to my original 4 lbs removed from the first week.

Have a great day ladies.... lets get some good fitness hrs in this weekend ... if time permits!! :wink:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I usually only update on Tuesdays, but I'm so happy with my 1 pounds loss, SO...

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 157 / Progress: -2
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0

Keep it up girlies!!!!!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Well, apparently my body is out to get me. Great job on the losses everyone!!! FAB work :drinker:
    Since I know I'm not ACTUALLY gaining 2-3 lbs a day for the last couple of days, I'm thinking this week is a write-off as far as being able to judge my progress on the scale. I have to remind myself that the scale isn't actually an all-knowing being capable of rationalizing and interpretation. I've been having trouble getting enough water since being sick and of course there were two days of no food and no water and now I'm also a little... uh... stopped up. My poor system just needs to find balance again but my big job is not letting the numbers on the scale ruin my mood. I messed up my breakfast today because I was bummed about seeing 172 this morning but I'm done with that now. I'll still be within calories, I've just had nothing of any nutritional value!

Kristin, you're doing so well girl!!

Tamm, YAY YOU!!

Becky, eat breakfast!! A piece of fruit is a good start, now add a protein shake or a handful of nuts and that's even better. And as far as your sugars go, the limits are more about refined or non-fruit sugars. Of course fruit sugars are still sugars, but don't pay the same attention to that okay? Especially over one piece, and ESPECIALLY if that's what you can manage for breakfast! The vitamins, antioxidants, fibre and breaking of the night's fast all FAR outweigh some extra fruit sugars!!

Kids need me, back later for more!! Hi everyone :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Rhiannon...Don't lose hope! You will bounce back quick like you always do! And I forgot to tell you earlier...size 8!!!! AWESOME!!!!! I SO look forward to being in size 8 one of these days. Still 10s for me!

Well...BBL!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Thanks K :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    No problem Rhiannon! Hey...what's that site you use to figure nutritional info? I can't find that post.
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Hello hello!

So I had a good day today. I did not weigh in. I am taking this week off from the scale. I am doing some sole searching and trying to get a schedule going. I just started babysitting a little one(4 mths old) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. This has been overwehlming due to loosing all that time I had for myself and my son. But we need the extra cash and this is better than working full time out of the home. So I have decided that the gym will have to do like this.....Sunday, Monday, Wednesday(very early!), Friday and Saturday. This will be hard at first making it both days of the weekend. I want to get this established before the new year.

I went to the gym today. I wanted to start the C25K. I decided to alter it to my own liking. So today I did 5 minutes of warm up at a brisk walk. Then alternating I did 2 min of walking, 1 min of running. I did this for 1/2 hour. Then I did 5 min of cool down. I will do this Sat and Sunday and then I will add 30 seconds to each walk and run. It seems the same but just at a different pace.

The eating is going ok but not great. The cookies are a problem. I only eat them this time of year but with them showing up at my house all the time its hard to resist. I made pecan shortbread yesterday with the intentions of not eating them. i was returning the favor of a neighbor who brought over a plate of misc christmas cookies. Well, I ate some last night and again today. At least I worked out.

How is everyone else doing? Pedal, sounds like your body is starting to get back on track! Kristin- love the new phote. That is a good idea to post that and compare later down the road. I may do that myself this weekend.

Going to dinner tonight with some friends. Wish me luck on making semi good choices!

Chat later!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies....
    there sure doesn't seem to much activity here this week. (guilty here).
    hope everyone has a great weekend.....
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Wow, its really dead on here! Yikes!

I went to the gym today and ran/walked again. I am feeling so good today after my workout. I think I am officially hooked. I will be going again tomorrow and monday. My days off will be Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I have a challenging day. Taking my son to a brunch birthday party and then going Christmas tree hunting. We will have at least one of our meals out today. We will see how it goes.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well hello there ladies! I am no help to keeping things going on the weekend...stupid slow dial up! But...that will change when we get high speed (hopefully within the first month or two of the new year **fingers crossed**) but I decided to jump on today. REALLY trying to stay under my calorie limits. I think I ended up going over last night...but hard to tell. No exercise...I ended up eating some pecans later in the afternoon. Then dinner was my pot roast (SO good!:tongue: ) with some red mashed potatoes made with chicken broth and a little garlic powder...so not too bad. Then I had some chocolate in the evening, but that was it...so if I did go over it just just by a little. We got out Christmas tree last night too...exciting!

This morning I was up and went to my 1 hour spinning class and then did some weight training for a half hour and ended up burning around 850 calories! Good for first thing in the morning!!!:bigsmile: Then I came home and put lights on the tree and have started some laundry and cleaning. My mom is meeting me at 5, we are going out to dinner (no clue where yet...YIKES!:noway: ) and then to the Nutcracker! I won free tickets at work! So...that's the plan for today. Should be no problem staying within calories since I have the extra to spare for dinner!

Tomorrow the plan is to finish decorating the tree and maybe finish a little shopping. I'm going to go to another spinning class in the morning...and figure something yummy to make for dinner! So...not worried about tomorrow either! It just may be a successful weekend!!!

Well...I hope you all have such a wonderful day and I'll try and check back tomorrow, but if not then on Monday!!! Love you all!