What sort of training is everyone doing?

webs_21
webs_21 Posts: 45 Member
I'm doing cardio 5 mornings a week eating clean! Lost 4 stone but finding it really hard to budge my tummy!!!! Help!!!

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Currently doing P90X3 and running 2-3 days a week in preparation for an upcoming 10k and a tough mudder 2 weeks later.
  • Walrozz
    Walrozz Posts: 40 Member
    I'm doing 3 days in the gym per week; one day for upper body and cardio, one day for lower body and cardio, and the third day just for cardio. I'm also going swimming at least once a week, and doing a little yoga before bed some nights. Eating healthily on top of this, and getting 8+ hours of sleep per night.
  • cje151
    cje151 Posts: 40 Member
    This workout http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout and about to start jogging 4x a week.
  • webs_21
    Currently doing P90X3 and running 2-3 days a week in preparation for an upcoming 10k and a tough mudder 2 weeks later.

Ooo i thought about tough mudder but I chickened out lol
  • webs_21
    Walrozz wrote: »
    I'm doing 3 days in the gym per week; one day for upper body and cardio, one day for lower body and cardio, and the third day just for cardio. I'm also going swimming at least once a week, and doing a little yoga before bed some nights. Eating healthily on top of this, and getting 8+ hours of sleep per night.

Sounds very organised well done!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I usually ride 50-60 miles per week and do some cross-training on the elliptical a couple of days per week (because I can't run right now). I lift 3x weekly.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Webs you should try one. I run a couple a summer along with other runs and obstacle courses and I love them. Not only are they fun but the help to keep me training toward a goal.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Lift heavy things 4 days per week. Cardio every day of the week.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    i started PiYo a week ago (interested in increasing strength and flexibility in a way that sounded fun and not a huge time commitment) and i also use an indoor rower (concept2) several times a week. march 1 started an online challenge to row 5k or 10k a day for at least 25 days this month and so far i'm on track with the 5k option. i try to make generally healthy food choices, but am not super strict about occasionally allowing *bad* foods or alcohol if it fits in my daily calorie limits
  • gkates202
    gkates202 Posts: 5 Member
    Hiya! Perhaps try adding some resistance training- I have started the Kayla Itsines BBG and it is great :) x
  • kaym0502
    kaym0502 Posts: 12 Member
    Sign up for any 5k to help motivate you. There are training lists online. But blogilates with Cassey Ho is my new favorite videos that target any desired area. I am Starting her monthly work out plans on her website and walking/jogging when I can break free from my toddler and work.

Best wishes!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Distance runner. Running around 60-80mi/wk, will ramp it up higher soon. Will resume racing around summer/fall.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Core Power Yoga Sculpt 3 days a week and play some basketball for the cardio portion of my fitness. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Saucy_Yoda
    Saucy_Yoda Posts: 23 Member
    HIIT type workouts with bodyweight exercises and 10-20 minutes jump rope workout 3 days a week, run 3 days a week, and an active rest day which usually involves a hike or yoga.
  • webs_21
    Webs you should try one. I run a couple a summer along with other runs and obstacle courses and I love them. Not only are they fun but the help to keep me training toward a goal.

Mm il think about it lol
  • webs_21
    Hey
    kaym0502 wrote: »
    Sign up for any 5k to help motivate you. There are training lists online. But blogilates with Cassey Ho is my new favorite videos that target any desired area. I am Starting her monthly work out plans on her website and walking/jogging when I can break free from my toddler and work.

Best wishes!

sounds good il have a look, I no what you mean about breaking away from the toddler haha
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    I'm training for an Ironman 70.3 Triathlon. Right now, I'm doing 6-8 hours a week of swimming, biking and running, plus 2-3 hours a week of strength/core/yoga. I expect that come April and May, the s/b/r time will increase and the other decrease.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    I do calisthenics 5-7x a week (I get lazy) for about thirty minutes, and I try to cardio every other day to every two days-- by which I mean, I'm out of shape, so I make myself jog a full mile in 12 minutes or less, and then wheeze my way over to the water cooler.
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    I'm doing Frequent Fryer routine from Mens Fitness, on 3rd week. It's 6 weeks routine.
  • AlinaRose17
    AlinaRose17 Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2015
    My workout routine right now is my second run through Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size.

Chest/Triceps/Calves
    Back/Biceps/Abs
    Rest/Cardio
    Shoulders/Traps/Calves
    Legs/Abs
    Rest/Cardio
    Rest/Cardio

The extra rest time right now gives me time to work on my personal trainer certification when I am done with my normal work day. I plan on going back to lifting 5 days a week with just a short 15-20 minute HIIT session after. =)