What sort of training is everyone doing?

Options
webs_21
webs_21 Posts: 45 Member
I'm doing cardio 5 mornings a week eating clean! Lost 4 stone but finding it really hard to budge my tummy!!!! Help!!!

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Currently doing P90X3 and running 2-3 days a week in preparation for an upcoming 10k and a tough mudder 2 weeks later.
  • Walrozz
    Walrozz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 3 days in the gym per week; one day for upper body and cardio, one day for lower body and cardio, and the third day just for cardio. I'm also going swimming at least once a week, and doing a little yoga before bed some nights. Eating healthily on top of this, and getting 8+ hours of sleep per night.
  • cje151
    cje151 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This workout http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout and about to start jogging 4x a week.
  • webs_21
    Options
    Currently doing P90X3 and running 2-3 days a week in preparation for an upcoming 10k and a tough mudder 2 weeks later.

Ooo i thought about tough mudder but I chickened out lol
  • webs_21
    Options
    Walrozz wrote: »
    I'm doing 3 days in the gym per week; one day for upper body and cardio, one day for lower body and cardio, and the third day just for cardio. I'm also going swimming at least once a week, and doing a little yoga before bed some nights. Eating healthily on top of this, and getting 8+ hours of sleep per night.

Sounds very organised well done!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I usually ride 50-60 miles per week and do some cross-training on the elliptical a couple of days per week (because I can't run right now). I lift 3x weekly.
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Webs you should try one. I run a couple a summer along with other runs and obstacle courses and I love them. Not only are they fun but the help to keep me training toward a goal.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things 4 days per week. Cardio every day of the week.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i started PiYo a week ago (interested in increasing strength and flexibility in a way that sounded fun and not a huge time commitment) and i also use an indoor rower (concept2) several times a week. march 1 started an online challenge to row 5k or 10k a day for at least 25 days this month and so far i'm on track with the 5k option. i try to make generally healthy food choices, but am not super strict about occasionally allowing *bad* foods or alcohol if it fits in my daily calorie limits
  • gkates202
    gkates202 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Perhaps try adding some resistance training- I have started the Kayla Itsines BBG and it is great :) x
  • kaym0502
    kaym0502 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sign up for any 5k to help motivate you. There are training lists online. But blogilates with Cassey Ho is my new favorite videos that target any desired area. I am Starting her monthly work out plans on her website and walking/jogging when I can break free from my toddler and work.

Best wishes!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Distance runner. Running around 60-80mi/wk, will ramp it up higher soon. Will resume racing around summer/fall.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Core Power Yoga Sculpt 3 days a week and play some basketball for the cardio portion of my fitness. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Saucy_Yoda
    Saucy_Yoda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HIIT type workouts with bodyweight exercises and 10-20 minutes jump rope workout 3 days a week, run 3 days a week, and an active rest day which usually involves a hike or yoga.
  • webs_21
    Options
    Webs you should try one. I run a couple a summer along with other runs and obstacle courses and I love them. Not only are they fun but the help to keep me training toward a goal.

Mm il think about it lol
  • webs_21
    Options
    Hey
    kaym0502 wrote: »
    Sign up for any 5k to help motivate you. There are training lists online. But blogilates with Cassey Ho is my new favorite videos that target any desired area. I am Starting her monthly work out plans on her website and walking/jogging when I can break free from my toddler and work.

Best wishes!

sounds good il have a look, I no what you mean about breaking away from the toddler haha
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm training for an Ironman 70.3 Triathlon. Right now, I'm doing 6-8 hours a week of swimming, biking and running, plus 2-3 hours a week of strength/core/yoga. I expect that come April and May, the s/b/r time will increase and the other decrease.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I do calisthenics 5-7x a week (I get lazy) for about thirty minutes, and I try to cardio every other day to every two days-- by which I mean, I'm out of shape, so I make myself jog a full mile in 12 minutes or less, and then wheeze my way over to the water cooler.
  • TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Frequent Fryer routine from Mens Fitness, on 3rd week. It's 6 weeks routine.
  • AlinaRose17
    AlinaRose17 Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My workout routine right now is my second run through Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Size.

Chest/Triceps/Calves
    Back/Biceps/Abs
    Rest/Cardio
    Shoulders/Traps/Calves
    Legs/Abs
    Rest/Cardio
    Rest/Cardio

The extra rest time right now gives me time to work on my personal trainer certification when I am done with my normal work day. I plan on going back to lifting 5 days a week with just a short 15-20 minute HIIT session after. =)