Starbucks??

Options

Replies

• christi_03
    christi_03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Omg! being from Seattle (Puyallup) coffee is on every corner, living in a small town in Texas we have two Starbucks! I don't go that often anymore, I typically make my coffee at home with Starbucks K cups, and make a mocha with almond milk! But when I do go to Starbucks I get a Venti skinny mocha! Yum!!!!
  • katedawson
    katedawson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate, also a Starbucks addict! I have a Skinny Misto. It's half filter coffee and topped up with steamed milk. Not as calorific as a latte but not full of air like a cappuccino. They don't seem to advertise them on their price list so you might have to ask!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't get them at Starbucks any more, but I have a daily grande latte (whole milk) and one or two cups of coffee with half and half.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just wondering what you guys get?

Americano. No cream, no sugar.

All the food at Starbucks sucks - genuinely awful - so that should be easy to avoid.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee, its zero calorie and actually doesn't taste bad once you get past the mental block.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I prefer my Keurig at home with a little flavored cream. But I will treat myself to Starbucks on occasion, and I get a tall skinny vanilla latte, which is roughly 90-100 calories.
  • littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    KatyRu wrote: »
    I'm honestly pretty amused by the black coffee responses. I work at Starbucks, and it's definitely an incredibly common order, more common than most people think. The only thing that makes the barista maybe LOOK thrown off is that, instead of writing a cup and putting it in a line of other cups, the barista taking your order has to get it themselves. When there's a long line, it can get tedious, so yes, your barista may appear to be stressed. Messing up a black coffee, however, is a whole different question.

Phew. That being said, I drink my calories nearly every day, so I'm a terrible person to answer this question. I'm one of the more experienced baristas, which means I'm nearly always on bar (making drinks) or in a position that calls for constant movement, so I typically burn more calories at work than I consume (measured using 2 separate pedometers).

My favorite drink (that we still carry, anyway) is an iced quad venti 3-pump vanilla 2-pump toffee nut caramel macchiato, which is something like 340 calories.

If you're going for lower calories, my biggest suggestion would be to avoid white mocha. It's very calorie-dense.

Well that sounds freaking delicious.

I make my own iced coffee at home. I have a cold brew coffee maker and use hazelnut cream flavored coffee with about 1 cup of skim milk and some sugar free vanilla syrup. Yummy and so affordable.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I too am a Starbucks addict....or a recovering one at least.

My daily drink of choice was the caramel macchiato, switched to a skinny caramel macchiato and then when I wanted to save some money, I switched to a Sugar-Free Caramel Macchiato with a splash of skim or soy milk. Now that I don't have it daily (my wallet thanks me constantly), I have a tall skinny vanilla latte or an iced sugar-free caramel americano with a splash of soy milk.

I also make a pretty mean skinny vanilla latte made with almond milk at home too :smiley:

I'm hoping that Starbucks will start using Almond milk soon....I haven't seen the Starbucks in Canada offer Coconut milk but that is better than cow's milk at least!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    the ham artisan or whatever breakfast sandwich, sometimes.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options

I'm hoping that Starbucks will start using Almond milk soon....I haven't seen the Starbucks in Canada offer Coconut milk but that is better than cow's milk at least!

I wish they would use almond milk as well! I can't drink soy and don't drink cows milk either. I've never tried coconut milk, but they don't offer it at my local Starbucks either.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cream frappuccino mmmmm, although I would have to replace a meal with the amount of calories so I avoid Starbucks :(
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    If I have to drink megalocorporate coffee it's a straight up espresso, espresso con panna, macchiato (a proper caffe macchiato NOT a Starbucks flavoured 'macchiato' monstrosity) or cortado for me.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I will do an Americano once in awhile, or skinny vanilla latte. I bought a Nespresso, and love making my own espresso at home.

Starbucks food looks completely nasty to me. Usually looks crusty and unappealing. I would have to be starving hungry to eat their food.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My favorite Starbucks drink is a grande skinny caramel macchiato. I only like sugary drinks from Starbucks, so this doesn't do too much damage at 140 calories :)
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    i used to be addicted to Starbucks, since starting this journey, instead of my fatty coffees, I get unsweetened green teas or black teas. I am to the point of wanting to add a coffee in here or there with out using too many of my calories. Just wondering what you guys get?

tall black pike. yeah I have a strong tummy. nf skinny vanilla lattes are good
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    If you want to make coffee at home, you can add almond milk (30 cal/cup) and stevia (0 cal) or unsweetened chocolate powder for mocha (10 cal/tbsp) :3
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I was never one to drink all those sweet lattes so a coffee with cream, sugar, and cinnamon is always special to me.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Used to be a nonfat mocha, but the last time I had a strawberry lemonade Refresher, and it was really good for much fewer calories.
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I get a latte almost every day...i don't do syrups though, Just honey, milk (skim because whole milk is too rich...makes me feel ill.) I just fit it in my calories...
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I usually just get a double shot espresso with nothing else. If I feel like adding sugar or milk, I just head over to the counter where you can do it yourself.

That way, I'll get my coffee exactly how I want it to be. :)

On days that I want to give myself a little treat, I order a full fat chai latte - hmm, delish!