Options
13»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Anything to get out of doing the work....
    It's not to get out of the work I was just curious if they worked just saying no need to comment rude *kitten* on my posts if you're not going to be helpful then don't even bother commenting thanks.
    You got plenty of helpful comments telling you it doesn't exist or it isn't necessary. Would you like to thank them too?

You know that's not how it works lol
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Who is the AWFUL MEANIE?

1) The company that wants to sell you crap that won't work, just so that they can make a profit?
    2) The people who tell you not to listen to the assh0les in #1?
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    In...
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nope , don't be fooled... Anything that sounds too good to be true ,, usually is !
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    nope.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    ^^^ This.

No matter how much we wish the stories of magical power to aid in weight loss are just that. Magic....either that or you end up with just losing water weight from a good ol' flush out.

If you follow a good exercise regime and eat healthy along with drinking the detox water it does work....

Err... No. The first two maybe, the tea? Nope.

Isn't it interesting that all these "detoxes" to lose weight some how incorporate diet and exercise lol

you'd think it'd stand out.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.

No matter how much we wish the stories of magical power to aid in weight loss are just that. Magic....either that or you end up with just losing water weight from a good ol' flush out.

If you follow a good exercise regime and eat healthy along with drinking the detox water it does work....

I use the grape detox. Every morning I eat one green grape and as long as I stick to my calorie goal and exercise regime I lose weight!! It totally works!!

/sarcasm
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    It is so sad how people still fall for this kind of crap! People who do, tend to fail miserably because they continue to search the "magic fix".

You got fat by sitting on your butt and EATING TOO MANY CALORIES.

You get fit by working out and EATING LESS CALORIES.

Anything else, is just a scam or nonsense.

*I am not directing this post to OP, but to the many people who support such Oz information.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ^^^ This.

I use the grape detox. Every morning I eat one green grape and as long as I stick to my calorie goal and exercise regime I lose weight!! It totally works!!

/sarcasm

Wine is the only grape detox I'd be willing to try :smiley:

MjAxMy0zMzJlMDdmMjcxYjRjZWNm.png
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    As far as magical muscle gain and weight loss not so much but warm tea (especially the holiday flavored ones) helps me stay on track and gives me a sense of satiety without over indulging. There was a caramel apple one out over the fall and that was glorious with cinnamon and a touch of sugar!
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Lifting heavy things and eating a calorie surplus builds muscle. The drinks do not. They do help people hit their calorie and macro goals, but they aren't magic and they aren't needed.

Darn it

I demand Magic!

You got it. Watch and be amazed

giphy.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    are there any teas or drinks or anything that actually help with weight loss or putting on muscle weight?

snakeoil2.gif
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Um, no.
    There is a detox water you can make to slim your stomach if you are interested

Sorry, no. This is wrong. Your body doesn't need to be detoxed, and there is no such thing as spot reduction.

Preach.

However, I do find tea helps keep me from eating too much. If I have a big mug after a meal I give my brain time to register I ate, instead of running to the fridge for more food because I’m still hungry.

But seriously, I think that’s as good as it gets. And hydration is great too.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No. And if you're referring to "Detox Teas" all they are is highly caffeinated laxatives.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    All you need to loose weight is a calorie deficit. All you need to detox is plenty of water and healthy kidneys.
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    All you need to loose weight is a calorie deficit. All you need to detox is plenty of water and healthy kidneys.

Yup! Seeing so many people talk about how detox shakes/mixes works from (insert program name here) and how it's changing their moods/attitudes. Water does the exact same thing. Save your money!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    No. And if you're referring to "Detox Teas" all they are is highly caffeinated laxatives.

Not to mention, they taste disgusting! Like a clump of dirt and roots mixed with water...