What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Egg salad sandwich; cucumber; asparagus; cherry tomatoes; and strawberries.

gvznec7aw7cv.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    It was warm enough to grill! Pork chop, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus.

gs89745kayjl.jpg
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Chiken pot pie and side salads for us tonight :smiley:
  • mistikal13
    Options
    CanadaEh1 wrote: »
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    Tonight will be chickpea stew over brown basmati rice with roasted cauliflower on the side.

Would you please mind sharing your recipe for chickpea stew? Thanks :)

Chickpea Stew

1 medium onion
    3garlic cloves
    handful of cilantro
    1tbsp oil of choice
    packet of sazon and adobo seasoning
    2 14oz cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    8 oz tomato sauce
    2 cups water

In a food processor, make your sofrito with the onion, garlic and cilantro. Sautee this in the oil with a packet of sazon and a generous sprinkle of adobo for 2-3 min on medium heat. (If you don't have these seasonings, just use 1tsp each garlic and onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and 2 tsp dried oregano). Add the chickpeas, tomato sauce and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Serve over rice and enjoy =)

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @ Kruggeri.. Ok I just got over looking at it on the other thread... then had to start whimpering again when I saw it here.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    BBQ Pork Vietnamese spring rolls (love these things!); brown rice; steamed veggies; chicken egg rolls.

7bhc6vn13vpu.jpg
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Taco salad with ground turkey pink beans veggies a few multigrain tortilla chips and lots of salsa. 4rffjcuwjt9b.jpg
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I have the Annual Chamber of Commerce Banquet tonight at work. The menu was pork loin, rice, broccoli, cauliflower and carrot casserole and a roll. It was good. I will see about a dessert when I get back down there to cleanup.

soqluy5cju6f.jpg
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My favourite recipe. : Yummy Nachos.
  • calz994
    calz994 Posts: 8
    Options
    For 330 cal, I had Top Sirloin Pork 4oz, streamed cabbage, yellow squash, couscous 1/9 cup, mixed lettuce with 1/2 orange & Raspberry dsg
  • CanadaEh1
    CanadaEh1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    CanadaEh1 wrote: »
    Tonight will be chickpea stew over brown basmati rice with roasted cauliflower on the side.

Would you please mind sharing your recipe for chickpea stew? Thanks :)

Chickpea Stew

1 medium onion
    3garlic cloves
    handful of cilantro
    1tbsp oil of choice
    packet of sazon and adobo seasoning
    2 14oz cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    8 oz tomato sauce
    2 cups water

In a food processor, make your sofrito with the onion, garlic and cilantro. Sautee this in the oil with a packet of sazon and a generous sprinkle of adobo for 2-3 min on medium heat. (If you don't have these seasonings, just use 1tsp each garlic and onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and 2 tsp dried oregano). Add the chickpeas, tomato sauce and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Serve over rice and enjoy =)

Thank you :)
  • larrodarro
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Margie tried a new recipe tonight. I called it Larro's Angel hair shrimp and spinach. We didn't have as much spinach as it called for, but still very good. I topped it with parm. Also had green beans with almond slivers. All very good. Dessert to follow.

m6vi0fsor3xj.jpg

As prepared:

202g shrimp
    113g angel hair pasta
    84g spinach {called for 8 oz, all we had was 3}
    58g olive oil
    3 Tbs lemon juice
    116g chicken broth
    1/3 Tbs dried garlic
    2 Tbs capers

Cook pasta in large pot of water. Cook shrimp in olive oil over medium heat about two minutes, add broth and lemon juice, then garlic, capers and spinach and cook for a couple more minutes. Add pasta and enjoy.

15 servings of 52g each. 78 calories per serving.
  • lovelylightz
    lovelylightz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
  • mygnsac
    Options
    A weird combo tonight, but good. Turkey, cereal, english muffin with pb & apricot jam.

pqgtnhbxjka8.jpg
  • kirahedrich
    Options
    Tomatoes in Balsamic reduction, on garlic toast with goat cheese and chicken

tomato in balsamic reduction (67 calories per serving!!!!)
    4 small containers or 1 costco container or mixed cherry tomatoes, cut in half
    1-2 tbsp olive oil
    1-2tsp dried oregano
    1 tbsp butter (optional)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    7-10 cloves garlic, chopped fine
    3 cups spinach, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    6oz balsamic vinegar
    pinch of sugar (optional)
    Crushed pepper flake (optional)
    salt and pepper to taste

in a large sauce pan or wok, preheat oil or oil/butter on medium heat. chop up onion, add to pan with salt and pepper. saute until transluscent. add chopped garlic to the pan. (Optional: oil up the red bell pepper, whole, and roast in oven/on burner till soft). add cut tomatoes, red bell pepper, oregano, salt and pepper to the pan. cook on medium for 1-2 minutes. add balsamic vinegar, and sugar, simmer for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. add spinach and continue to simmer until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.

Garlic toast (you can buy, or make yourself)
    olive oil
    garlic
    bread (i used ciabatta rolls)
    goat cheese (optional)

drizzle bread with oil, toast bread. when you pull out the bread, rub with garlic. add spread with thin layer of goat cheese (optional)

Chicken- baked or rotisserie, no skin, sliced/chopped

Assemblage

Start with piece of garlic toast (with or without goat cheese). add 3-4 pieces of chicken. add 3-4 good spoonfuls of the tomatoes.

Enjoy with a fruity white wine like pinot grigio, or iced tea.

total calories per piece of toast- 120-180 (dependent on bread size)

bde2h372mj0t.jpg

This pic shows 4 pieces but i was only able to eat 2 before i was full. and i have a lot left over for more meals!!!!

• mistikal13
    Options
    Tonight we're having salmon cakes, rice pilaf, and roasted veggies.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ee4ilzx2puen.jpg

Chicken and dumplings
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    ykri3fvb3p41.jpg

Shrimp creole with rice and coleslaw on the side
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I went into town to water the lobby plants at work, and I was able to slip out long enough to have supper with Margie. We went to Main Street Station again, and I had the Surf 'N Turf Special again. New York strip steak, shrimp, fish and chicken, with Cole slaw and potato salad for sides. We also had a basket of chips and salsa. It was very good. I didn't have enough calories in the bank for anything but a carrot for dessert though.

ikmvj8g4142j.jpg

06e1lvafw06a.jpg

pjhlhqsqrybm.jpg
  • mistikal13
    Options
    Ramen Noodle Bowls over here tonight