Terrified of Losing My 'Girls'! Ladies?

Options
Okay, so I was thinking about this today, and I realized that I've never been 'little.' I've been smaller than I am now, but by the 6th grade I already had DDs, being 5'3 and weighing about 160 pounds. I got pregnant and they swelled up to Es, which they remain at currently, even though I only breastfed for a few months.

Point is, I like them! I am afraid if I lose weight they are going to leave me. Needless to say, DH is quite miffed about that too. To the ladies out there that have lost a lot, are you losing your cup size as well? My family is generally naturally endowed, but I think at this point, even Cs would be a big disappointment. :ohwell:

Reasure me! :embarassed:

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I was thinking about this today, and I realized that I've never been 'little.' I've been smaller than I am now, but by the 6th grade I already had DDs, being 5'3 and weighing about 160 pounds. I got pregnant and they swelled up to Es, which they remain at currently, even though I only breastfed for a few months.

Point is, I like them! I am afraid if I lose weight they are going to leave me. Needless to say, DH is quite miffed about that too. To the ladies out there that have lost a lot, are you losing your cup size as well? My family is generally naturally endowed, but I think at this point, even Cs would be a big disappointment. :ohwell:

• 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't reassure you. I went from a D to a C when I lost 15 pounds. Sorry!!!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not much reassurance..I've lost 48 pounds and I think my boobs went first! :laugh: I hope you get to keep yours!:flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 19 pounds but I went from an F to a DD. I don't think that I will look small once I get down to my goal weight even with C's. Maybe it's just me but I can't wait to be in a C. I went from nothing at 15 to F's by 23. At 23 I had a breast reduction and went down to C's. After 2 kids they went back up to F's and now that I have lost 19 pounds I am in a DD. I think your husband and you will be pleased with your "new" body once you have lost what you need to.:flowerforyou:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Well I am a male, sorry,
    but my gf is "well endowed" as well
    her cup size has fluctuated as shes gained and lost weight,
    But hasn't sunk below a DD,
    I guess it depends on how your body reacts and where the most easily available weight is to burn.
    Not to mention,
    you may have E's now, but losing weight proportionally would mean that they will still LOOK the same size to everyone else because they are shrinking with you, and maybe if youre lucky, they will stay about the same size as the rest of you shrinks.

:wink:

Hopefully a guy answering hasnt offended:flowerforyou:
  • PrettyOscar
    PrettyOscar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have also lost mine. I went from a D to a C and I still have about 30 lbs I want to lose so I'm assuming the worst. My DH calls me bitty ti**ies :cry: But hey I guess I can just buy them back later! :drinker:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 and I'm still a C.. but I went from 38 to 34 band size.....I guess it's just where all the fat is.I'm guessing mine was on my back:laugh:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Wow. I'd LOVE to go down cup size so this thread has actually brought a lot of good news for me.

I'm not sure there's much you can do to prevent losing a size. All you can do is continue forward and see what happens!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    It's really not that bad, losing a cup size. It keeps your body in proportion. I was upset at first, but I'm good now.
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    When I previously lost weight I went from a D to a Small C, I am back up to a DD, and can not wait to go back down. All the really cute bras only go up to a C. I figure that my boobs are just a part of me, I am losing weight for my body, and if that means that I am supposed to be a smaller chest size, than so be it.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    SO JEALOUS!! I'm a B. I gain or lose weight and I'm just a smaller or bigger B. :grumble:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but I have to agree with most of the other ladies here. When you lose weight, you lose it from EVERYWHERE, including "the girls". Mine have gotten smaller, but I can't really tell unless I put on one of my old bras, and I can't "fill it out". My guess is that they will remain in proportion to the rest of your body.
  • bethany169
    Options
    My husband, gotta love him, says he actually likes me heavier because my boobs are bigger :) One thing I've heard that might help you feel better is to make sure you do toning exercises that focus on your chest (pushups, bench press, etc) because if the muscle behind your breasts is toned, it can help them appear perkier. Don't know if it really works, but it's worth a try :)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    SOme lose in their boobs and some don't. I have gone from a 38D to a 34B, but proportionately, my chests still fits my body. If I had stayed a D I would have looked really weird. I am going to wager that is your chest has always been large, since puberty, it's not going to get much smaller. What's more important to you? Having large breasts or being healthy?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40D to a 34D...I'm breastfeeding right now, though so I might not be much help. I'd love to see a "C" for my back's sake!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    What's more important to you? Having large breasts or being healthy?

Toss up. :tongue:

Okay, well. I shall resign myself to teeny boobies then. Proportionally it will look the same, I suppose. Thank you everyone. :ohwell:

And Mjfer - Thank you for jumping in! Not offended in the least. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way--since your boobs weigh less, and especially if you're exercising your pectoral muscles, your breasts will look tons perkier, giving the illusion of largeness AND being sexy as hell. I'd pick smaller but perkier breasts over big bags of oatmeal any day.

And it really helps to get fitted for a new bra. I'm getting a few new ones soon, thank God. I'm a broke-*kitten* college student and my chest, depending on my shirt, looks like I got hit by a car.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way--since your boobs weigh less, and especially if you're exercising your pectoral muscles, your breasts will look tons perkier, giving the illusion of largeness AND being sexy as hell. I'd pick smaller but perkier breasts over big bags of oatmeal any day.

And it really helps to get fitted for a new bra. I'm getting a few new ones soon, thank God. I'm a broke-*kitten* college student and my chest, depending on my shirt, looks like I got hit by a car.

Just wait until you have kids. :grumble:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you have kids. :grumble:

No joke!:laugh:
  • laylae0714
    Options
    No offense, and I love you guys, but I am an A. Yes. A simple 34 A which will go down even more...

But I can understand, as I am well endowed in the derriere, and I don't want to loose that.. looks way too hott in jeans.

Haha, but enjoy your DD or your C.. because some of us have no idea what Bs are like!