Splenda Sabotage

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    But seriously, those 30 calories (if they used ten packets in one day) Will not be enough to derail any progress. So IMO, it's not worth worrying about
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You're worried about 30 calories? To counter that, put down the remote and get up to change the cable station. There, you just burned 30 calories for your effort, assuming you channel surf like the rest of us.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Uh hu.. :|
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    You know what this thread needs?

what-if-conspiracies-are-made-up-by-corporations-to-sell-more-tinfoil.jpg
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You're worried about 30 calories? To counter that, put down the remote and get up to change the cable station. There, you just burned 30 calories for your effort, assuming you channel surf like the rest of us.

I haven't seen a system in years that allows you to manually change channels. But I get your point!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I haven't seen a system in years that allows you to manually change channels. But I get your point!

Buttons on the side of the TV.
    My overly fancy TV has them.

10 packets of splenda a day is really sweet coffee and that's just yucky (IMO obvs).
    But seriously, as the others have said, if that 30 calories/day is ruining your life, you really may want to rethink your life...
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    see, and I thought this was going to be about sneak attack Splenda in stuff like Yogurt. If it's got that crap in it, I want a big sign on the label. I do NOT like the taste of that junk at all.

And, actually, OP's comment makes this even more underlined....real sugar is only 16 calories. Why bother with Splenda? You can easily make up the caloric difference with all the "MMMM, this tastes good" that you'll be saying.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Buttons on the side of the TV.
    My overly fancy TV has them.

10 packets of splenda a day is really sweet coffee and that's just yucky (IMO obvs).
    But seriously, as the others have said, if that 30 calories/day is ruining your life, you really may want to rethink your life...

That's probably what it is. My overly techy husband has done lots of stuff to our system. Everything is menu driven and pulled into a queue to watch.

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I didnt know it contains calories - thanks for that info.

I do use about 8- 10packets of splenda a day in my 4-5 mugs of tea. So I will log that from now on.

It hasnt hindered my weight loss thus far though, not logging the 24-30cals.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    >_<

If 30 calories is a make or break point, you're not doing it right.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Do some jumping jacks. Problem solved.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Well if you use a lot of it I guess you *could* just do "quick add calories" to keep up with it. However I do not use enough to matter.... nah. No mass quantities, just a couple of sweetened coffees.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Beard is epic.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

1DOPQkecnDyWQ.gif
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Beard is epic.

Totally. Could be the post of the day!

I still say just eat dark chocolate 70% and above in cacao. You'll never have to worry about a thing ever again.
  • JohnZain
    JohnZain Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This thread is so funny!!!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    >_<

Hey don't underestimate that. If you think you're at maintenance but actually getting sabotaged by splenda, that's a 1 pound gain in 2 years or so.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    >_<

Hey don't underestimate that. If you think you're at maintenance but actually getting sabotaged by splenda, that's a 1 pound gain in 2 years or so.

Or the slowest bulk in the history of ever. I can just feel the lean splenda bulk.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    But how many calories do you burn stirring the Splenda into your beverage?

I do log my 20 ounces of coffee (5 calories) each time I make a pot but not my saccharine. I figures that covers me. :)
This discussion has been closed.