124»

Replies

• jtabiolo
    jtabiolo Posts: 50
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    jtabiolo wrote: »

We do know the difference!!!

That article is from 2009. This is not breaking news. We've already got it.

Never said it was new. Some people that are new to fitness or a lifestyle change, they don't know the difference. They assume that loosing weight is the same as losing body fat percentage. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I just encourage people in the fitness world to do some type of strength training. Doesn't have to be heavy weights or in that nature. At the end it's all preference.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

People know the difference? I guess I have been wasting money hopping in the bod pod for scale weight changes.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Anyone know where to buy a tape worm?
  • jtabiolo
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

People know the difference? I guess I have been wasting money hopping in the bod pod for scale weight changes.

LOL

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My dog has a few laying around, let me go ask him :p
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I am so confused by this thread.

What I meant is, we already know that when you lose weight you lose a combo of fat and muscle. And we already know you have a better chance of losing more fat and less muscle by lifting weights. And every MFP newbie (or not so newbie) that asks about what exercises they should do has been told that they should make sure they do some strength training to preserve their muscle.

The reason you go to a bod pod is because you already know what the OP was delivering as some big secret he was going to teach the MFP world.

IMO It would have been more appropriate if OP had posted this info as a response to a question about exercise suggestions from someone who didn't realize the importance of strength training while losing weight. Instead it sounds like he was trying to school the entire community with info we didn't already have. That's really all I meant.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

What I meant is, we already know that when you lose weight you lose a combo of fat and muscle. And we already know you have a better chance of losing more fat and less muscle by lifting weights. And every MFP newbie (or not so newbie) that asks about what exercises they should do has been told that they should make sure they do some strength training to preserve their muscle.

The reason you go to a bod pod is because you already know what the OP was delivering as some big secret he was going to teach the MFP world.

IMO It would have been more appropriate if OP had posted this info as a response to a question about exercise suggestions from someone who didn't realize the importance of strength training while losing weight. Instead it sounds like he was trying to school the entire community with info we didn't already have. That's really all I meant.

*raises hand* I knew what you meant! ;)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Thank you. I think I'm going to go have some Nutella for lunch now!
  • jtabiolo
    Options

Not everyone knows the difference. I was asking if you read the whole thread with other people's comments. Seems like NOT EVERYONE knows the difference.
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options

It sarcasm but what a bod pod measure is body fat % called fat mass % and shows you in pounds. Everything else they throw together called fat free mass % which is basically Lean body mass. The whole thing OP is talking about is fat loss and not just pounds loss so he got my sarcasm when I talked about scale weight with a bod pod.

I go in the bod pod to know my body fat % which helped me make a goal because I never had one. Nice guess for trying to tell me why I do what I do.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Thank you. I think I'm going to go have some Nutella for lunch now!
    I got what you meant. @kimny72‌
    il_340x270.523773465_qw1c.jpg
  • yopeeps025
    Options

LOL

Someone got it.