Yours are just about the same as mine! :drinker:
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Mine are 10/30/60- carbs/protein/fat
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm confused why some have high fat percentage.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options

with my body...

fat goes in / fat burns out
    sugar goes in/ sugar becomes fat

i'm insulin resistant so for me, carbs are an issue
    plus, fat is good for your brain. my chronic depression went away when I switched to a high fat diet. and my insomnia went away.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mine is 35/35/30 . Just interested what other people have set it at.
    Thanks for your input.

I wasn't aware that you could set it. I'm sure mine must vary greatly day to day because I really don't think about the amounts much. I just try to have a little of each at every meal, sticking to whole grains and vegetable fats.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    10/30/60 carbs/protein,fat

what Meganne said....I prefer my body to use fat for fuel instead of sugar...me and sugar don't get along.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    35/45/20 carbs/protein/fat
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I just try to keep carbs under 100g (usually well under). I don't watch fat any more because the "non fat" mentality that has been drummed into me for so long was making me crazy - so as long as my fat is coming from nuts, avocado, and moderate amounts of full fat dairy I don't stress over the number.... And I feel much better for it physically and mentally....
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    15/45/40 Carbs Protein Fat, set by my PT for fat loss
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Mine currently are 45/25/30.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I currently have mine set at 50/25/25 (C/F/P), but probably actually eat closer to 50/20/30. That's mostly because the personal trainer I'm working with doesn't want me to go over 35g on fats for now. I've tried lowering the carbs a bit, but just can't do it yet. I've been working my way slowly down from a real problem with sugar to eating "normally". I'm currently working more on the types of carbs than the exact number (anything below 200g for the day counts as good).
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

with my body...

fat goes in / fat burns out
    sugar goes in/ sugar becomes fat

i'm insulin resistant so for me, carbs are an issue
    plus, fat is good for your brain. my chronic depression went away when I switched to a high fat diet. and my insomnia went away.

good to know. Thanks.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Carbs: 45
    Protein: 25
    Fat: 30

That said, I don't track fat as I rarely eat anything that I think will be loaded in bad fats, but I DO track my saturated fat.

Saturated fats are not the "bad" fats................The canola oil and other vegetable oils you use are the bad fats.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    40/30/30 I usually go over my carbs and am under my protein and fats. I think my body would feel better if I stuck to these goals more closely.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at C: 25 P: 40 F: 35

However, dep. on the amt. of exercise I do, it will tell me to eat back X amt. of gms. of carbs, and I try to keep those at 100 gm or less/day, regardless of what MFP tells me my goal is.

And I'm usually over on my fats too, which is fine by me (they're not "bad" fats, but what's in the meat/cheese that I eat).

So really, my ratios are probably more like C: 15 P: 45 F: 40 in reality.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options

That said, I don't track fat as I rarely eat anything that I think will be loaded in bad fats, but I DO track my saturated fat.

Saturated fats are not the "bad" fats................The canola oil and other vegetable oils you use are the bad fats.
    Thants what I heard too... except for cold pressed oo, I think...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    CPF-- 20/30/50

I'm also highly insulin resistant, so it's just better to travel the LC road
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Thants what I heard too... except for cold pressed oo, I think...

Olive oil is a fruit oil, not a vegetable oil so it is safe. Best to go with cold or expeller pressed.
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    30/45/25 Carbs/Protein/Fat