Replies

• samparnell92
    samparnell92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try the Keto diet
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Here is serious advice. As specific as it could be given what little info we have.
    OP, and anyone else interested.
    • Stay below your desired carb level. Whether that be 15%, or whatever. Focus on green leafy veggies and other non-starchy veggies that grow above ground. Have some low-carb dairy (if you can tolerate it). Nuts are yummy, too.
    • Reach your protein limit. The minimum should be approximately 1.2g of protein per kg of ideal body weight.
    • Fill the rest of your intake in fat.
    • Determine an estimate of how many cals you should be taking in based upon your, height, weight, and activity level using a TDEE calc. Scooby's is a good one. Remember though that it is only an estimate. You may have to raise or lower a suggested calorie deficit to suit your personal needs.
    • If you have a medical condition, you can certainly read our advice, but run it by your Dr before listening to us interweb big mouths.
    • Drink enough water and watch your electrolytes.
    • Perform the search suggested by DAM5412 on page 1 on vegetarian protein sources.
    • Go to the Low-Carber group linked above.
    • Exercise a little. It isn't necessary to lose weight, but physical fitness can help a lot of other things. Like mood or being able to escape zombies.

Good luck. :)
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Start with five serves of vegetables per day. Plenty of bulk and nutrients. Pull it back to basics and build from there. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Let's see how many pages this goes until the OP comes back if at all. My just be baiting. But if it's not then how about we get the questions below answered. All this nonsense and who knows, based on just 1 profile picture maybe the OP needs to lose like 2 pounds, or 20 or maybe she's trying to be underweight. Who knows. Might be a good idea to actually ask for more information before people give out thoughtless advice just to be supportive.
    You will need to find other sources of protein to hit minimums which should be between .6.87g per lb of bodyweight.

If you say you were eating at the caloric intake it takes to be in a deficit and lose weight but you were not losing weight then you were eating too much and not in a deficit.

How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    Do you weigh and log all your food?
    What's your training like?

Just curious, which was the thoughtless advice - the one suggesting a website with low carb vegetarian protein sources, or the one suggesting OP was doing something akin to suicide?

Ironically, the "suicide" comment was made by a fellow low carber who was telling the OP how all of the non low carbers will compare it to suicide...which nobody did...*kitten* hilarious.

UI55CpG.jpg

Um....no

Try again
    so- asking which bridge I should jump off of is okay- but don't you dare tell me jumping off a bridge is a good idea or not.

Got it.

I wasn't making a parallel to low carb = suicide.

I was making a parallel about how one could/can/should give advice. it has nothing to do with low carb = suicide.

I was going to extremes to point out how one can offer advise when one is asking about making potentially poor decisions- and the answer isn't always "she didn't ask for that advice- she asked for this instead."

What makes her decision potentially poor? I found your analogy to be poor taste.

I would say the fact that she said she didn't really like eating meat but stated she wanted to low carb and do 55% protein...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Let's see how many pages this goes until the OP comes back if at all. My just be baiting. But if it's not then how about we get the questions below answered. All this nonsense and who knows, based on just 1 profile picture maybe the OP needs to lose like 2 pounds, or 20 or maybe she's trying to be underweight. Who knows. Might be a good idea to actually ask for more information before people give out thoughtless advice just to be supportive.
    You will need to find other sources of protein to hit minimums which should be between .6.87g per lb of bodyweight.

If you say you were eating at the caloric intake it takes to be in a deficit and lose weight but you were not losing weight then you were eating too much and not in a deficit.

How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    Do you weigh and log all your food?
    What's your training like?

Just curious, which was the thoughtless advice - the one suggesting a website with low carb vegetarian protein sources, or the one suggesting OP was doing something akin to suicide?

Ironically, the "suicide" comment was made by a fellow low carber who was telling the OP how all of the non low carbers will compare it to suicide...which nobody did...*kitten* hilarious.

UI55CpG.jpg

Um....no

Try again
    so- asking which bridge I should jump off of is okay- but don't you dare tell me jumping off a bridge is a good idea or not.

Got it.

I wasn't making a parallel to low carb = suicide.

I was making a parallel about how one could/can/should give advice. it has nothing to do with low carb = suicide.

I was going to extremes to point out how one can offer advise when one is asking about making potentially poor decisions- and the answer isn't always "she didn't ask for that advice- she asked for this instead."

What makes her decision potentially poor? I found your analogy to be poor taste.

I would say the fact that she said she didn't really like eating meat but stated she wanted to low carb and do 55% protein...

Plethora of reasons- I certainly wasn't going to explain seeing as how the rest of the conversation was going. Just a waste of energy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Holy nutballs!

No one cares if anyone got butthurt over some text on the internet. No one will ever care. Well unless they're a weepotron from the plant of the hand wringers, and no one cares about them.

Move on. Cheese wrapped in bacon is far more worthy of discussion than 'dem feels'.

Yes...let's discuss this further....
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    What type of cheese? Are we using double smoked bacon? Pig Bacon Lard Balls?!? Wilbur Balls?!? Piggy Balls?!?
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    sleepy-cat.gif
    Polite Reminder

Dear Posters,
    Please be sure to keep all replies in good nature, attacking other members is against the community guidelines and just as importantly creates an atmosphere within an awesome community that doesn't need creating.

If you disagree with a discussion or reply, you are always best moving on to one in which you agree with or feel to be able to make a positive contribution to.

If you feel another member is in breach of our community guidelines then please use the 'report' feature found on each discussion topic and each reply so that the moderation team can look and take appropriate action where necessary.

Have an awesome day/evening!

Adam, MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Ah, even the mod has resorted to cat gifs :D.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP I will just say this …if you are not losing right now, then you are not in a calorie deficit. So if you switch to low carb and are not in a deficit then you will not lose weight. Low carb does not defy the basic laws of math and physics…

• kgutz90
    kgutz90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who gave advice. I'm new at looking at my macros rather than just soley my calories and unfortunately im new at MFP... Didn't realize I was in the wrong "group discussion" just needed some honest/ good advice from the fitness community. Whether you are trying to loose, gain, maintain, etc good luck to all you on your journey!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    kgutz90 wrote: »
    Thanks to those who gave advice. I'm new at looking at my macros rather than just soley my calories and unfortunately im new at MFP... Didn't realize I was in the wrong "group discussion" just needed some honest/ good advice from the fitness community. Whether you are trying to loose, gain, maintain, etc good luck to all you on your journey!
    Are you going to tell us how tall you are, how much you weigh and how many calories you eat per day?

I think that would be a bridge too far. . .

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    kgutz90 wrote: »
    Are you going to tell us how tall you are, how much you weigh and how many calories you eat per day?

I think that would be a bridge too far. . .

RETREAT RETREAT RETREAT!!!!
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OP, there's no need to go to extremes like drastically reducing carbs. We need every food group in moderate amounts, and drastic cutting like this can be terrible for your health. I think it's healthier and more pleasant to enjoy a full variety of foods (unless there's a good reason to monitor carbs, of course)
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OP, there's no need to go to extremes like drastically reducing carbs. We need every food group in moderate amounts, and drastic cutting like this can be terrible for your health. I think it's healthier and more pleasant to enjoy a full variety of foods (unless there's a good reason to monitor carbs, of course)

No, we don't need to consume carbs. Please name the disease state that will befall you if you exclude carbohydrates from your diet. Wait...I'll save you the trouble from looking - there isn't one.
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Mistizoom wrote: »

No, we don't need to consume carbs. Please name the disease state that will befall you if you exclude carbohydrates from your diet. Wait...I'll save you the trouble from looking - there isn't one.

No problem!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14672862
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/negative-results-eating-carbs-4182.html
    http://www.bmj.com/content/344/bmj.e4026
    http://islet.org/forum026/messages/23446.htm