Am I the only one...?

Options

Replies

• SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My fave snack of all time is a sliced up lemon covered in salt. My mouth is legit watering right now just thinking about it.
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I use to love jelly and butter sandwiches. ;)

My boyfriend on the other hand eats tons of unappetizing things, such as soup with croutons mixed in.. he'll even throw the croutons in his pasta. :\
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's not mine but my brother in law has PKU and eats butter, jam and mayo sandwiches on his special bread.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    When I was little I used to mix sour cream and grape jelly and spread it on tortillas. I ate these 'rollups' when I came home from school.

My son used to fry bologna and make sandwiches with it. Stunk up the whole house.
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    One more in the miracle whip sandwich club. With sliced red onions.
  • ntftnm
    ntftnm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1. egg omlet with peanutbutter and jelly or honey.-sort of gluten free French toastish.
    2. green grapes cut in half with vanilla ice cream
    3. hot sauce mixed in ranch dressing for fries, burgers, salad
    4. pepper jack cheese and tomato and cucumber sandwiches
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    i think it's my ability to eat so many weird combinations thats added to some of my weight gain. tortillas w/ butter and jam, slightly melted butter w/ sugar and salt, I just had ravioli's w/ blue cheese, and ramen noodles w/ butter, season pack, and cheese. LOL, butter is my running theme.
    MsRusssia wrote: »
    Frozen grapes. Peanut butter on chicken with extra salt. Cottage cheese/fried eggs with avocado on a cinnamon raisin bagel. Tuna stirred into Mac and cheese. Plain mayo sammiches. :#

As a teenager, I probably ate 4 or 5 of these a week. Kraft mayo on white bread with salt.

Even as an adult, until about a year ago, I probably ate them 2-5 times a month.

Also, I cannot eat mac n cheese (kraft dinner, baby) without ketchup. Just.... no. Home-made mac n cheese doesn't get doused.

We ate fried bologna growing up, it was a hella lot cheaper than bacon, loved it. Tried it again recently... not so much, lol.

• AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put a squirt of Hershey syrup in my diet Dr Pepper
  • racheljacobsen
    racheljacobsen Posts: 537 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1. Pizza dipped in ketchup
    2. Jello with milk poured over it

Still do the jello and milk but not the pizza dipped in ketchup.
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to eat fried bologna sandwiches growing up. My mom and loved to prepare them as follows: bologna fried until well done and a little crispy (okay, I mean a little burnt), drained of excess grease, on toast, with mustard. Yum! I almost purchased some bologna yesterday, but the calorie count is just too high!

When I was a child, my siblings and I used to like making sugar toast....bread covered with butter and white sugar and put in the bottom of the oven(broiler) to toast. Another yum!

Memories...sweet memories! Also, long before weight was an issue for any of us.
  • eatingforspawn
    eatingforspawn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    emilyesq wrote: »
    When I was a kid, my favourite thing to eat was homemade white bread, toasted, with raspberry jam and slices of cheddar cheese on top. And now I've made myself crave it, damn. Maybe I can try to fit that into my calories for tomorrow...

That's not weird at all.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Pizza dipped in ketchup and jello with milk poured over it. Still do the jello and milk but not the pizza dipped in ketchup.

Ohhh, okay. I see by your second sentence that those are two separate things. When I first read this I thought you ate all of that together!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    French onion dip as a sandwich spread, is that wierd?

Bread roll, BBQ chicken breast, creamy pasta salad, plastic wrap cheese slice, French onion dip and whole seeded honey mustard.

No. That has much better flavor than mayo or even Miracle Whip.
  • racheljacobsen
    racheljacobsen Posts: 537 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ohhh, okay. I see by your second sentence that those are two separate things. When I first read this I thought you ate all of that together!

I see what you mean, thanks and I revised it.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I guess my lunch might go in this category. I started out aiming for cobb salad, but didn't have any ham, so now it's an egg and breakfast sausage salad.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I put salmon on arugula, then cover it with hummus.

That sounds great!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    angier321 wrote: »
    Peanut butter mixed with syrup. I never thought it was odd, but someone recently pointed out that it was. I think it's great!

That's too funny...I eat this every day! Half PB and half sugar free syrup. Use as an apple dip. It's delicious this way--cuts way down on the calories too!!

That sounds really good.

Speaking of mayo sandwiches, I don't do this anymore but I used to love smashed up BBQ chips between 2 slices of bread slathered with mayo. Also was good with Dorito's.

A friend of mine turned me on to it when I was in my early teens. It looked so gross, but she made me try it and I had to admit it was pretty great.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    My brother used to dip mcnuggets in his chocolate shake.

After one too many odd looks he started putting the nugget in his mouth then taking a drink, instead of dunking.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people posting they eat some combination of bread butter and sugar.

Isn't that just boring fairy bread?
    fy46jd8pf2rd.jpg
    That's bread butter and 100s and 1000s for those not in the know.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    When I was a little kid I'd make something like that, except with frosting and sprinkles on bread, not butter.