MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    31157-Sweet-Dee-NO-gif--Its-Always-S-EYGJ.gif

giphy.gif

:p
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    All my dieting attempts in the past ended pretty quickly because of overwhelming food cravings (hello, emotional eating), so absolutely sympathize with the longing for a quick fix. But I agree with all that's been said: pills don't work. If you want an alternative, try a good hypnotherapy tape for weightloss. Sounds dorky, but REALLY worked for me. After a month of listening I have mostly managed the impossible: disconnected food from moods. - that was my magic pill :-)
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think ithames0810 said it best - we usually don't gain weight because our appetite is out of control and we're starving - we gain because we eat mindlessly or when we're bored and we don't move. suppressing your appetite won't help your urge to reach for the chips every time you watch TV, because you're not fixing the bad habit
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Honestly I think ithames0810 said it best - we usually don't gain weight because our appetite is out of control and we're starving - we gain because we eat mindlessly or when we're bored and we don't move. suppressing your appetite won't help your urge to reach for the chips every time you watch TV, because you're not fixing the bad habit
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    its all mind over matter i believe.....i will say in the beginning of my journey 2 years ago, i had great success with hydroxycut line of products. i started using the caffeine free variation first....as was worried about the caffeine jitters....and the fact that i still like having my daily cup of joe....the standard hydroxycut says to limit caffeine from 'other sources' (likely a general disclaimer.....so someone doesn't choke down the pills with a can of red bull! lol) but yea....had good luyck, until i hit my first plateau....which happened to be the end of the bottle. mind you, i was only taking 1-2 capsules per day....and not doing the 'progressive' dosing they recommend....starting at 1 caplet per day.....then working up to 1 caplet every meal, then 2 caplets before every big meal...i just kept to 1 caplet a day to be on the safe side.....

i will say, everyone i knows that tried the garcinia stuff.....looks 'bloated' to me....lol, something about it causing people to retain water i think.....

i support green tea drank 3x daily.....
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Seriously. Keep a drinkbottle to hand and gulp every time you feel hungry. Works wonders.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    busseybl wrote: »
    Have you had any luck with OTC appetite suppressants?

Ephedrine.
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A good appetite suppressant is black beans and brown rice with veggies.
  • busseybl
    busseybl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lol y'all are ridiculous.

I was asking as simple question and I do not think I deserved some of the responses I got. I'm eating 1200cal/day and working out and burning around 750-800 a day. So yes, I'm hungry. Yes, I've tried water. Yes, I've tried small low-cal snacks.

If you didn't have an answer for me, why did you even bother responding? Mind your own business & stop hiding behind your computers and being rude.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I was asking as simple question and I do not think I deserved some of the responses I got. I'm eating 1200cal/day and working out and burning around 750-800 a day. So yes, I'm hungry. Yes, I've tried water. Yes, I've tried small low-cal snacks.

If you didn't have an answer for me, why did you even bother responding? Mind your own business & stop hiding behind your computers and being rude.

Are you eating net 1,200 a day and burning 750-800? Or is the 1,200 total?

If that's the total, then the issue is that you are hungry because you aren't eating enough.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Find a friend prescribed to Adderal
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options

Aside from two or three comments that were leaning towards snarky, most everyone on here have been trying to give good, solid advice. I don't believe that it's "being rude" just because it's not the answer you wanted.
  • busseybl
    Options

Aside from two or three comments that were leaning towards snarky, most everyone on here have been trying to give good, solid advice. I don't believe that it's "being rude" just because it's not the answer you wanted.

I was obviously referring to the snarky comments.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to get much love on the pill front here.

This!^

I used to take an "appetite suppressant." This drug started out as cold medicine. One of the side effects was lack of appetite. Whallah!.....a new diet drug was born. Nope, they found out that people don't take cold medicine week after week. The side effect wore off after several days.

There is no magic bullet. Just crap that people peddle to make a quick buck.

1200 - 750 = 450 net calories. This is just plain dangerous. Unless you are morbidly obese, your body is shedding quite a bit of lean muscle. Your body is using lean muscle as fuel (because you're not giving it nearly enough). Healthy weight loss helps you reduce your body fat percentage. MFP's default minimum....is 1200 NET (that's AFTER exercise).

People are here to change behavior. 450 net calories is not a lifestyle change, it's a crash diet.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

If that's the total, then the issue is that you are hungry because you aren't eating enough.

It's pretty unlikely those numbers are correct. It takes an exceptionally fit person to keep powering through such a small net intake.

ETA: Looked at exercise diary, the 800 burn day is the exception, not the rule. Which is good, because that would be a pretty good way to burn out (and burn up) lean body mass.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

This.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

It's pretty unlikely those numbers are correct. It takes an exceptionally fit person to keep powering through such a small net intake.

ETA: Looked at exercise diary, the 800 burn day is the exception, not the rule. Which is good, because that would be a pretty good way to burn out (and burn up) lean body mass.

Even if it's a 300/day burn she should be eating back some of those calories.

I'm 5'4, 136, completely sedentary job and my target to lose .5/week is 1420 calories. If I work out and burn 350, I'm eating a chunk of that back or else I'm starving, tired and destined for a burnout.

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I don't think that there is a thread on these forums that can't be answered with a gif from RPDR.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    I would also suggest that OP up her protein intake to feel more full longer and avoid foods like almonds which are great for you, but are a calorie dense snack that may not be as "filling" as other snack options.
  • busseybl
    Options
    I'm trying to eat no more than 1200 cal a day, and then burning as many as I can (shoot for 700/day). I haven't felt like I was "starving" or "fatigued" at all. If I did feel that way, OBVIOUSLY I would eat more. I listen to my body.

I work a desk job so throughout the day, I simply do not need to eat a ton to keep myself going. I eat mostly lean protein and vegetables, so my calorie count isn't that high. I can eat an entire bowl of broccoli and it's only 100 calories and that's A LOT of food. I usually eat a small snack before my workout (like a Z Bar or something), and I'm perfectly fine.