Appetite Suppressant - Pills

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    busseybl wrote: »
    I'm trying to eat no more than 1200 cal a day, and then burning as many as I can (shoot for 700/day). I haven't felt like I was "starving" or "fatigued" at all. If I did feel that way, OBVIOUSLY I would eat more. I listen to my body.

I work a desk job so throughout the day, I simply do not need to eat a ton to keep myself going. I eat mostly lean protein and vegetables, so my calorie count isn't that high. I can eat an entire bowl of broccoli and it's only 100 calories and that's A LOT of food. I usually eat a small snack before my workout (like a Z Bar or something), and I'm perfectly fine.

This is not the correct way to go about it and that is why you are hungry.

If your target is 1200 a day (that's already at a deficit) and you burn 500, you need to eat back some of those calories. I shoot for 50%. Otherwise, you are running at an unhealthy deficit.

Working a desk job is irrelevant as that is already taken into consideration to come up with the 1200 calorie target.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I would also suggest that OP up her protein intake to feel more full longer and avoid foods like almonds which are great for you, but are a calorie dense snack that may not be as "filling" as other snack options.

OP is netting 450 calories!

Besides, plenty of people find fat satiating. Low fat protein doesn't keep me full very long.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I find foods to be the best appetite suppressants. Especially pizza.
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have a huge problem with binge eating ..that was my weight problem (the root) I always felt hungry and never satisfied...so the way I help my self . I carry around a gallon of water walmart sells for $1 or dollar store $1..every day and make my self drink it...its hard to get that much down but if you do you will be less hungry...most of the time we think we are hungry but we are actually really thirsty.... adding protien and good fats to your diet will also make you feel fuller longer...like eggs / greek yogart with fruit / the list goes for days.

good luck on your journey...and its gets easier!
  • busseybl
    busseybl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat no more than 1200 cal a day, and then burning as many as I can (shoot for 700/day). I haven't felt like I was "starving" or "fatigued" at all. If I did feel that way, OBVIOUSLY I would eat more. I listen to my body.

I work a desk job so throughout the day, I simply do not need to eat a ton to keep myself going. I eat mostly lean protein and vegetables, so my calorie count isn't that high. I can eat an entire bowl of broccoli and it's only 100 calories and that's A LOT of food. I usually eat a small snack before my workout (like a Z Bar or something), and I'm perfectly fine.

If your target is 1200 a day (that's already at a deficit) and you burn 500, you need to eat back some of those calories. I shoot for 50%. Otherwise, you are running at an unhealthy deficit.

Working a desk job is irrelevant as that is already taken into consideration to come up with the 1200 calorie target.

So, if I shoot for 1500 calories and burn 500 (just an example), I will still keep losing weight? I've only been losing about 2-3 lbs a week, so I haven't felt like what I was doing is unhealthy.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

If it were perfectly fine you wouldn't need to find a pill to help curb your appetite. Please listen to what the others are trying to tell you despite whatever tone or snark they are using. It can't be that they are all wrong and you are right. Life just doesn't work that way. Eating 1200 and burning 700 calories is leaving you with a 500 calorie net which is not enough for your body to get the nutrients it needs.
  • busseybl
    Options
    I find foods to be the best appetite suppressants. Especially pizza.

Haha me too! Oh, if they could invent low calorie pizza.... That tastes good!
  • PRMinx
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I would also suggest that OP up her protein intake to feel more full longer and avoid foods like almonds which are great for you, but are a calorie dense snack that may not be as "filling" as other snack options.

Besides, plenty of people find fat satiating. Low fat protein doesn't keep me full very long.

Yes, and I've addressed the low net in other posts.

I think fat is great. I eat it all the time! I just noticed the protein counts were pretty low in general. And almonds, while awesome, may not be as filling. I know for me I am much more satiated with an apple and a serving of peanut butter than I am a handful of almonds.

Or a few hard boiled eggs.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat no more than 1200 cal a day, and then burning as many as I can (shoot for 700/day). I haven't felt like I was "starving" or "fatigued" at all.

That's a problem - if you aren't feeling completely bagged by that sort of intake/exertion, you're either on a Lance Armstrong cocktail of PEDS, or there's something significantly wrong with your logging.

You are mostly likely eating more than you think and burning less than you think, and my suggestion would be to sort that out before moving on to the next step.

Good luck!

:drinker:
  • steeheart
    steeheart Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I completely understand wanting an appetite suppressant, but losing weight is a journey and a lifestyle change. You have to get to the root of your problems and fix them at the core. Are you an emotional eater? Are you depressed? Do you exercise? There's no quick fix. Look at studies at how much weight people pack on after getting off the pills. You could lose 30 and then gain 60. Don't do it!!
  • busseybl
    Options
    I have a huge problem with binge eating ..that was my weight problem (the root) I always felt hungry and never satisfied...so the way I help my self . I carry around a gallon of water walmart sells for $1 or dollar store $1..every day and make my self drink it...its hard to get that much down but if you do you will be less hungry...most of the time we thing we are hungry but we are really thirsty.... adding protien and good fats to your diet will also make you feel fuller longer...like eggs / greek yogart with fruit / the list goes for days.

good luck on your journey...and its gets easier!

Thank you, I appreciate it! :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Highly, highly unlikely.
  • PRMinx
    Options

So, if I shoot for 1500 calories and burn 500 (just an example), I will still keep losing weight? I've only been losing about 2-3 lbs a week, so I haven't felt like what I was doing is unhealthy.

2-3lbs a week is A LOT to be losing. Like, a whole lot. You aren't eating enough.

You should be netting 1200 calories at least. So if you are shooting for 1200, and you burn 500, you should eat 1700.
  • busseybl
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Highly, highly unlikely.

That's not everyday. Ideally, I'd like to keep my net below 1000 on a daily basis, not because of eating too little but because of working out a lot.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Highly, highly unlikely.

That's not everyday. Ideally, I'd like to keep my net below 1000 on a daily basis, not because of eating too little but because of working out a lot.

No. This is wrong. You are going to burn yourself out. Your net should be at least 1200, period.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Highly, highly unlikely.

No. This is wrong. You are going to burn yourself out. Your net should be at least 1200, period.

^^^This. At your age and with the amount to lose (per your profile), you can eat a WHOLE lot more and safely lose weight. Unless you're 4ft tall, I'd imagine 2lbs per week should be at least a NET 1400-1500, if not more.
  • virelay129
    virelay129 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

XD
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I look at pics of hot women and then I am not hungry... for food... It works for me! BWAHAHAHA!
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hoodia is supposed to be a natural suppressant found in africa that hunters used so they did not feel hungry while hunting. You can get pills with that in it
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Hoodia is supposed to be a natural suppressant found in africa that hunters used so they did not feel hungry while hunting. You can get pills with that in it

NO.