Catabolic Exercise? (:

Options

Replies

• thelittlecharacter
    thelittlecharacter Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @clabq0914‌ You're so nice. One of the only few respectful people on this discussion actually (: Good luck with your goals too! x You've already helped me out more than you know. @yopeeps025‌ I haven't figured out how to post photos since I'm new to this app...I also don't wanna get judged for being trashy for showing extra skin. Especially with everyone here who is trolling and out to prove themselves by trying to prove me wrong. I just don't feel the need to show anything tbh. Lastly, quality as in one can have a huge amount of muscular strength, but their muscular endurance is just garbage. That's why I'm not a fan of sticking to weights and machines all day. People who train like that often lose their athleticism, get slower, etc.
  • thelittlecharacter
    Options
    @4legsRbetterthan2‌ loll that's gross
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @clabq0914‌ You're so nice. One of the only few respectful people on this discussion actually (: Good luck with your goals too! x You've already helped me out more than you know. @yopeeps025‌ I haven't figured out how to post photos since I'm new to this app...I also don't wanna get judged for being trashy for showing extra skin. Especially with everyone here who is trolling and out to prove themselves by trying to prove me wrong. I just don't feel the need to show anything tbh. Lastly, quality as in one can have a huge amount of muscular strength, but their muscular endurance is just garbage. That's why I'm not a fan of sticking to weights and machines all day. People who train like that often lose their athleticism, get slower, etc.

Muscular strength and muscular endurance hmm. You are slowing losing credibility since you claim body building is so easy. There are some pretty big NFL player who are running some fast 40 yard dash and bench pressing a lot more than most people.

Also that is on the person because people know how you do both. You can't do both in the same program for gains but you can do both in the same year. I'm talking about rep ranges. You do know you can lift for muscular endurance right? You should right body building is too easy. LOL actually its a slow process for men and hard/slow process for women. Something tells me that you and everyone else me including are defining body building differently.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

You might want to get out in the world a little more before you make a statement like that. This is starting to sound like a roll bread
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I went threw something similar in my late teens. I hated my thick and muscular gymnastics legs. I wanted a "softer" look.

But sometimes you just have to embrace what you have. Whether it's from gymnastics or genetics, I have muscular legs and always will. Instead of wishing my legs were different, I decided to improve on the type of legs I do have.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

What is gross exactly?

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    OP, you should realize that each week a young lady posts on here how she looks like the she-hulk and wants to change her body to look like Charlees Theron. Women who complain that they just gain too much muscle too fast and want it to stop. So, forgive us who think that muscle is a great thing.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140314095102.htm

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Im just trying to teach myself how to elongate my muscles while keeping a fit look.

How do you do that without literally making your bones longer?

Am I missing something...?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    You want to decrease muscle and lose body fat? Basically, you'll just be a smaller version of what you are now without any change in appearance. That won't make you look 'toned'

It will actually as I don't have much fat to lose. You all are making it sound like I'm out to get weak and pathetic. I'm more focused on improving upon athleticism. My fitness and performance levels are already advanced. I'm working down to turn back into a more balanced athlete, not a bodybuilder. Bodybuilding is too easy for my liking although I do maintain the quality of my muscles so my fitness levels are always high. So there won't be a "smaller" version of me. Just trying to figure out how to get a more balanced look through the same workouts. Quality>Strength always

said no one ever.
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh so photos of a bikini on a fitness site are trashy now. Is going to the beach wearing a bikini trashy?

YOU make claims that you are so muscular. Of course people want to see hell I want to see how someone feels that body building is so easy to them.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Why is it so awful that she wants to be smaller?

OP, diet is going to be key for you... keep yourself in a moderate deficit to lose weight. Don't worry so much about the workouts, just do whatever you enjoy. Any "pump" you get from a workout will only be temporary and short lived - it's not actual muscle/tissue/size. A couple days off and it will go away.
  • thelittlecharacter
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @yopeeps025‌ I don't care haha I'm not trying to argue with anyone. So many of you are just out to prove others wrong it's so pathetic. Those professional athletes have also adapted their bodies to specific power and performance training over the years. So it's not really a matter of perfect fitness (They're even more likely to suffer injury). They've just greatly improved certain sensorimotor pathways in their bodies for that form of training, so it just becomes natural to them. (They're most likely on steroids and performance supplements as well, which is silly because it just shows how lazy and arrogant they are). But throw them into an entirely new environment/sport requiring different demands and they'll just become so worthless. Bodybuilding and putting on muscle in certain areas is just easy for me as I have experience with nutrition, performance training, and lifting. That's all I mean. It's not really worth going into a detailed argument about.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

What?

• Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I love the total bs being spouted, the 'you have to look like me' and the nice smattering of body shaming and rude judgemental commentary in this thread.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm confused. If you have all the experience about training and nutrition, what exactly are you looking for?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    I love the total bs being spouted, the 'you have to look like me' and the nice smattering of body shaming and rude judgemental commentary in this thread.
    Ah, ok... so it wasn't just me, then.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    @yopeeps025‌ I don't care haha I'm not trying to argue with anyone. So many of you are just out to prove others wrong it's so pathetic. Those professional athletes have also adapted their bodies to specific power and performance training over the years. So it's not really a matter of perfect fitness (They're even more likely to suffer injury). They've just greatly improved certain sensorimotor pathways in their bodies for that form of training, so it just becomes natural to them. (They're most likely on steroids and performance supplements as well, which is silly because it just shows how lazy and arrogant they are). But throw them into an entirely new environment/sport requiring different demands and they'll just become so worthless. Bodybuilding and putting on muscle in certain areas is just easy for me as I have experience with nutrition, performance training, and lifting. That's all I mean. It's not really worth going into a detailed argument about.

SO if it is so easy to put on muscle I would think you know how to get rid of it right? That were that credibility keeps going from your former comment about something being so easy.
  • thelittlecharacter
    Options
    @_dracarys_‌ I study Nutrition and am interested in sports nutrition too. I'm just new to trying to maintain my way of training on a deficit and in the end bulk down muscle instead of letting it get soft. I've never heard anyone ask this question either which is why I'm curious to see what others have to say.

• thelittlecharacter
    Options

What?

Not gross to look at (: relax yourself
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Ah, ok... so it wasn't just me, then.

OP had done her fair share of most of the points.

You do not have to like developed or obvious muscles and that is fine and no-one should be mocked for not wanting them. However, no-one should be mocked or called gross for having them.
This discussion has been closed.