las07s
las07s Posts: 150 Member
A little about me:
Age/Sex: 25/F
Height: 6'0" (182.88 cm)
SW: 207
CW: 185
GW: 150

Since February 1, 2015, I have lost 22 lbs. At my SW, my shirt size was an XL (USA) and my pant size was a 16L (USA). Two weeks ago, I bought new slacks for work (14L) because my pants were falling off and I was looking unkempt. Now, those slacks are too loose and have to be held up with a belt. I have a few more lbs to go before they fall of the hips completely; however, I only give myself a week or two before that happens. When I am physically fit, my pant size is an 8/10L and my shirt size is a M, which puts me pretty far off from my end size.

My problem is this: There is only one place in town (The Limited), that has long slacks that are actually long enough for my legs. They cost upwards of $70. (Let's not get into the suit jackets with the longer sleeves. I can make due with mine for now.) Other outlets where I live have long slacks, but they don't pass my ankle. Yikes.

What do you ladies do when you are nowhere near your goal weight, but your very expensive pants purchases are tearing a hole in your wallet once/twice a month? Do you just deal with it or is there a good place that I don't know about where I can get cheap talls for now?

Replies

• kari_kerry
    kari_kerry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    JCPenney has some that are pretty good. I order mine online. I'm 5'11". So I know exactly what you mean.
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'9" but I order all my pants in tall and online. NY & Co has nice pants in talls.
  • MustangIslandMermaid
    MustangIslandMermaid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ebay! I sell my too big clothes, and buy the next size down! I am also 6ft tall.
  • Folger5
    Folger5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and have always gotten my work pants at NY&CO since they have talls. Pants are hard for tall women.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Someone on this site once mentioned Alloy Apparel and I've ordered jeans from there. I wasn't looking for dress clothes so I don't know what their selection is like, but they do have jeans up to 37" inseam. And if you sign up, you'll pretty much get an email daily with special discount offers.
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lands End carries talls and will hem to any length. Also try www.longtallsally.com and www.longelegantlegs.com
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and order my pants from Old Navy. They've got a tall section online.
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    In addition, Dicks Sporting Goods carries talls for active ware.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said, NY&Co has great tall work pants. I bought 4 pairs when they were doing a B1G1 free sale a couple weeks ago and it came out to just over $25 per pair which you really can't beat. Other than that, wear lots of dresses until you're at your goal weight! :)
  • lastminutetraveler
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've had great luck having items I've shrunk out of tailored. There's no boost from seeing a smaller size inside, but the fit is great. When they've been in style, I've purchased cuffed pants just for the extra hem material (I'm 5'10").

Consignment stores have also been a big help... got store credit for bringing in some items and picked up some great stuff.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Quality wise I like Gap and the Limited for Slacks. Ann Taylor Loft is hit or miss.

Sign up for the weekly emails. There are always sales going on (especially at Gap and the Loft). Also, once you know what style and size you like, online will generally give you the best selection. They often have long lengths in styles that they don't carry in the store.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh one more thing, if you like the skinny-leg style you can get away with the pants hitting at your ankle which may give you more options. Then pair them with cute flats or heels.

Great job on the weight loss! Keep it up. :)
  • mom2pandc
    mom2pandc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have had good luck with old navy and LLBean. I think LLbean are really long so they might work well for you. They also are 100% guaranteed.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    In the UK, I use Long Tall Sally and hope they have a sale on. Wonderful clothes for women over 5'8".
  • scudsmom
    scudsmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and usually order online from Old Navy because they carry talls. Even though I always prefer to try stuff on first, it's easy to return them to the store if necessary.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I gave up. Unless it's a pair of jeans, until I'm at or close to my gw, I wear dresses. I'm 6'1 and short bodied / long legged and need a 36"+ inseam to at least not look awkward.

On that note, I've heard great things about alloy.com, but I can't order from them anyway since they don't ship to Australia. :(
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and have always had trouble with jeans. I go to TJ Maxx and Nordstrom's Rack type stores and try to get cheaper versions options of the brands I like. I have some slacks from Banana Republic outlet that fit well, but they are very hit and miss in terms of length. I never order pants online and have always favored wearing skirts to work over slacks to work as then I don't have to worry about length.
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone! Thanks for all the advice!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    At 5'7" with a long inseam, i favor Old Navy and NY&Co.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!