Catabolic Exercise? (:

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @yopeeps025 I did sound a bit mean just there ;b However, suppose it was to motivate and inspire others to improve? I'm allowed to be as feisty as I'd like. Words truly mean nothing. Only bad intentions...

No, you aren't being feisty, you were rude. Words do have meanings, that's why they make dictionaries.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    A+ trolling in this thread....

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Basically, muscle is muscle. You can change it's size and strength, but not so much it's shape or it's firmness.

To get smaller, you'll have to lose fat, muscle, or both. To do that, you'll need to be in a calorie deficit.

@jacksonpt‌ Good explanation (: gracias

@Sarauk2sf‌ My goals are only ridiculous to you only because I guarantee you're not very fit and can't give the effort to improve upon all areas of skill and fitness. I'm involved in coaching track now at a couple local schools. And I'm also working to become a certified pt within the next couple months so I've gotta be more fit than most...let's say bikini competitors. And I use my workouts as a means of building up and shocking my athletes' muscles. I turn my exercises from a more bodybuilding focus and use a more strength/proprioception-oriented approach. You don't understand that I train everything in different ways. I can't just give it up. I can only learn to switch it up.

I wouldn't put money on that guarantee. You did, afterall, just guarantee that one of the most well-known (and comptetitive) lifters on the board is not "fit." Even though her pictures show it. And every post she's ever made shows it. And her profile shows it. And her running one of the biggest groups on MFP shows it.

Your touting your sophomore-level education as anything is funny. It's like the kids who think they're psychologists after taking an abnormal psych class.

But, I guess we should have all been warned, as you do advertise everything we need to know in your username. Sparty on.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    @yopeeps025 I did sound a bit mean just there ;b However, suppose it was to motivate and inspire others to improve? I'm allowed to be as feisty as I'd like. Words truly mean nothing. Only bad intentions...

You do realize that Sara has achieved a lot (*cough cough* records) and is a huge inspiration to many woman here. I'm sure she appreciates your "motivation".
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    well this is a first...reduce muscle AND body fat???????????????? Sure stop lifting and keep eating in a deficit...
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I'm only here because someone was arguing with some of the world's strongest women in their weight class...

carry on...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with decreasing muscle mass and body fat for an overall slimmer/toned look. Im just trying to teach myself how to elongate my muscles while keeping a fit look. Over the past couple days I've been practicing fasted cardio, macronutrient tracking, and more body weight exercises so my muscles aren't under so much tension all the time (I've been lifting heavily for 3 years). So I do have lots of experience on me. I'm just wondering if I should maintain lifting but only with much lighter loads and a faster tempo? Or should I focus my training on building up power, endurance, flexibility, and body weight strength to shed extra fat and muscle? This is such a loaded and tough question I'm sorryyyy xx

Astronaut Scott Kelly is going to be in space for a year. The zero gravity helps reduce muscle mass. That's really the only true way to keep tension off your muscles.

11955036-large.jpg
    http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2015/03/nj_astronaut_to_spend_1_year_living_on_internation.html

so we should blast OP into space for a year....interesting solution but it might b expensive
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    DjinnMarie wrote: »

Yea... I'm thinking so, too. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's just naive, but...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    You want to decrease muscle and lose body fat? Basically, you'll just be a smaller version of what you are now without any change in appearance. That won't make you look 'toned'

It will actually as I don't have much fat to lose. You all are making it sound like I'm out to get weak and pathetic. I'm more focused on improving upon athleticism. My fitness and performance levels are already advanced. I'm working down to turn back into a more balanced athlete, not a bodybuilder. Bodybuilding is too easy for my liking although I do maintain the quality of my muscles so my fitness levels are always high. So there won't be a "smaller" version of me. Just trying to figure out how to get a more balanced look through the same workouts. Quality>Strength always

bodybuilding is easy???? really ..

so you just pack mass on no problem????

not sure how losing muscle mass and fat is going to make you a better athlete...

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Basically, muscle is muscle. You can change it's size and strength, but not so much it's shape or it's firmness.

To get smaller, you'll have to lose fat, muscle, or both. To do that, you'll need to be in a calorie deficit.

@Sarauk2sf‌ My goals are only ridiculous to you only because I guarantee you're not very fit and can't give the effort to improve upon all areas of skill and fitness. I'm involved in coaching track now at a couple local schools. And I'm also working to become a certified pt within the next couple months so I've gotta be more fit than most...let's say bikini competitors. And I use my workouts as a means of building up and shocking my athletes' muscles. I turn my exercises from a more bodybuilding focus and use a more strength/proprioception-oriented approach. You don't understand that I train everything in different ways. I can't just give it up. I can only learn to switch it up.

You guarantee she's not very fit? What? WHAT? Omg, is this a joke?????
  • thelittlecharacter
    thelittlecharacter Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @3dogsrunning‌ Maybe Sara shouldn't be so sassy and should show some more leadership and motivation rather than just telling me what I'd set out to do is wrongggg. She doesn't look or seem inspiring to me. What's she do? Powerlifting? Crossfit?? Hahaa
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    You want to decrease muscle and lose body fat? Basically, you'll just be a smaller version of what you are now without any change in appearance. That won't make you look 'toned'

It will actually as I don't have much fat to lose. You all are making it sound like I'm out to get weak and pathetic. I'm more focused on improving upon athleticism. My fitness and performance levels are already advanced. I'm working down to turn back into a more balanced athlete, not a bodybuilder. Bodybuilding is too easy for my liking although I do maintain the quality of my muscles so my fitness levels are always high. So there won't be a "smaller" version of me. Just trying to figure out how to get a more balanced look through the same workouts. Quality>Strength always

not sure how losing muscle mass and fat is going to make you a better athlete...

Don't question her. She coaches track at a couple local schools. I wonder how they compete against each other having the same coach and all, that is like playing chess with myself
  • ndj1979
    Options

cosigned
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

No, you aren't being feisty, you were rude. Words do have meanings, that's why they make dictionaries.

It's more than rude. It's vindictive because there is no way you can look at Sara (even if you don't know her at all) and say you guarantee she's not fit. That's not some messed up assessment. That's a jab.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Don't question her. She coaches track at a couple local schools. I wonder how they compete against each other having the same coach and all?

LOl I am imagining that they all have zero mass and a stiff breeze blows them off the track...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

What?

1) where did I make any mention of your goals being ridiculous? In fact, quite the opposite

2) how on earth can you make any comments on my fitness level or efforts - you have no clue about me. Your specific comments are ridiculous considering what I do.

3) Shocking your athletes' muscles....errr...ok then

4) I understand very well about different types of training for different goals and preferences

5) learn to actually read posts and engage brain before responding.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »

Yea... I'm thinking so, too. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's just naive, but...

I think we have moved past that.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    @3dogsrunning‌ Maybe Sara shouldn't be so sassy and should show some more leadership and motivation rather than just telling me what I'd set out to do is wrongggg. She doesn't look or seem inspiring to me. What's she do? Powerlifting? Crossfit?? Hahaa

She called everyone out for body shaming (including yourself and a few others) then asked what exactly you were saying was gross about making arms bigger. The sass and attacks came from you. Several people tried helping you and you've been rude.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So Sara is an unfit bikini competitor now?

dgbg.gif

She obviously has me down pat!! Her psychic skills are truly honed.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    jacksonpt wrote: »

I think we have moved past that.

Yea, I'm done. This is either close-minded ridiculousness like you rarely see around here, or over-the-top argumentative. Either way...
This discussion has been closed.