What's your hardest thing to give up?

Options
adult drinks, wine, and gummy surgery candies for me. Gummy bears worms sprees sweet tarts.

Replies

• Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    WINE!!!! Well it is going to be when I give it up for good lol
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It was a struggle to give up my lame excuses for not excercising, but I don't miss them now ;)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up any of those things...
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in giving up the things I love but I do believe in portion control and moderation. But I tell you what, Im having a SUPER HARD time giving up large amounts of ranch dressing. That stuff is so good and my poison in every way.
  • emyoungx5
    emyoungx5 Posts: 21
    Options
    Quinevere96 that exactly what I am talking about! Know I am
    Not good at moderating my fav things at first. So they HAVE to go and be replaced for the first few weeks until I get in my healthy routine. I lost 55 pounds and kept it off for 3 years. We moved and out came endless candy (my fav ever) and our drinks with dinner. Ect. So they will
    Come back to my life style. Just not YET!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I haven't given anything up. And like, @guinevere96 said, it's all about moderation. When I want wine, I have wine. If I want a cheeseburger, I'll crush a cheeseburger, and if I want to dive into a bowl of chocolate ice cream, I allow myself a bowl of ice cream...or two.

Through my own experience, the more I felt I had to eliminate something, the more I wanted it.
  • emyoungx5
    Options
    WINE!!!! Well it is going to be when I give it up for good lol

I am soooooo with you. I won't give it up for good but it had to go for a while
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea every day!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea every day!

Preach it girl

• emyoungx5
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

I haven't given anything up. And like, @guinevere96 said, it's all about moderation. When I want wine, I have wine. If I want a cheeseburger, I'll crush a cheeseburger, and if I want to dive into a bowl of chocolate ice cream, I allow myself a bowl of ice cream...or two.

Through my own experience, the more I felt I had to eliminate something, the more I wanted it.

Yuppers that's how I did it for 3 years. I just got out my routine and was just over doing it. So back to square one.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The only thing I gave up is regular soda (I still drink diet). Other than that, everything in moderation.
  • rebeccaschlaht
    rebeccaschlaht Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I dont see that I have given anything up I have just added things like, all natural foods and walking. 10lbs down in 17 days and I feel great. Long way to go so staying positive.
  • emyoungx5
    Options
    I also in am a strong believer of its a weakness remove t from temptation
  • emyoungx5
    Options
    I dont see that I have given anything up I have just added things like, all natural foods and walking. 10lbs down in 17 days and I feel great. Long way to go so staying positive.

Wtg!!
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up anything, but I find it hard to limit salty snacks (chips, Cheetos, etc.), so I mostly try not to keep them around.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I miss just eating, without thinking of calories, fat, carbs, protein. Sometimes I want to just eat, not necessarily too much, but without stressing about every bite.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, but I would like to have a larger serving of ice cream more often. I limit myself to 1/2 cup just a few days a week.

70044776.png
  • emyoungx5
    Options
    Let's face it. Of I didn't have food issues and need encouragement I wouldn't be here. I face up to having a issue right now. If I wasn't acknowledging I need to chance my habits. I would gain back 20 instead of my 10
  • emyoungx5
    Options
    Becka4prez wrote: »
    I miss just eating, without thinking of calories, fat, carbs, protein. Sometimes I want to just eat, not necessarily too much, but without stressing about every bite.

It will come. I used mfp for about 8 weeks until my brain was knowledgeable and aware of what I was doing. Then I was good. Now I know everything I started doing wrong and came back for a reboot!
  • emyoungx5
    Options
    bekim123 wrote: »
    I'm not giving up anything, but I find it hard to limit salty snacks (chips, Cheetos, etc.), so I mostly try not to keep them around.

That's Where I am now. I ran into issues limiting and healthy cooking. So I had to make a choice to give it up for a while.