Calling All Oatmeal Lovers!

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats! I do 1/4 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup plain kefir (it's a kind of pourable yogurt if you're not familiar- you can get it anywhere,) 2 tablespoons of sugar free jelly (any kind) and a tablespoon of almond butter. :)

Awesome, never thought about Kefir added to it. :) Sounds tasty!
  • angellak
    angellak Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love oatmeal too. I like to put cinnamon, nuts and berries in mine.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girls blog...has some good ideas (Growing oatmeal is one I've been making a lot of) & this week she put out a blog with a bunch of add in ideas. Search her site under Oatmeal.

I also use Torani/DaVinci coffee syrups, love the banana in my oats. Small (mini) box of raisins is my new add in , and just started adding some canned pumpkin (HG blog idea).
  • mom2kenna
    mom2kenna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal, PB2 powder and sugar free Hershey's chocolate syrup...tastes just like a peanut butter cup!
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake oatmeal!

I made some carrot cake bites last night, and thought hey, why not have something similar for breakfast?!

Oats, grated carrot, walnuts, raisins (though I didn't have any, so used dried figs instead) and mixed spice... so delicious.
  • steeheart
    steeheart Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I get on an oatmeal kick I make a big batch of my own steel cut oatmeal, and then i separate it into single servings using a muffin pan and plastic wrap. I put the whole muffin pan in the freezer, and then take them out and put all the individual servings into a big ziplock bag. In the morning i microwave it, removing the plastic wrap after like 45 seconds and continuing to microwave. I put a little bit of peanut butter, brown sugar and raisins. Its super delicious and you can control how sweet you make it.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, with a teaspoon of brown sugar and some cinnamon
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Sweetened almond milk, mashed banana, a little brown sugar, pecans, blueberries
  • gymnaststb
    gymnaststb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ooh I love oatmeal. It's my favorite breakfast. So yummy and keeps me full for hours.

My favorite is to cook oats on the stove with 1/2 milk and 1/2 water. When it's starts to thicken, add in half of a mashed banana and some cinnamon. Pour into a bowl and drizzle with honey and top with the other half of the banana sliced and a few chopped walnuts.

Also, check out theoatmealartist.com. She has a bunch of oatmeal recipes. Everything from stovetop to overnight oats to baked oatmeal.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nutritionally, oatmeal is very sound depending on how it is made, they type and so forth. Does anyone have experience with it as a pre-work out carb?
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    mixed with a mashed banana and almond butter.... YUM
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    troytroy11 wrote: »
    Nutritionally, oatmeal is very sound depending on how it is made, they type and so forth. Does anyone have experience with it as a pre-work out carb?

I can't eat oatmeal before a workout or very bad things happen. It's too heavy I guess.
  • stetasonic
    Options
    Butterscotch Zero syrup (no calories)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cake Batter overnight oatmeal from Dashing Dish. Legit tastes like licking a bowl of cake batter.
    If you like the ooy gooey texture just start researching overnight oat options...youll get the taste/texture you love.
    But seriously...make the cake batter one NOW. It'll change your life!

I did. We must not make our cake the same way because it didn't taste at all like cake batter.

Although to be fair I didn't use butter extract, but vanilla extract, as I have yet to find any butter extract.
  • Janice4945
    Janice4945 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Julesbait wrote: »
    I added a scoop of vanilla protein powder to mine this morning, along with some blueberries. Reminded me a lot of the sugary stuff.

I tried it this way this morning also. Question...Did you cook your oatmeal first? The protein powder seemed to thicken it up too much. Thinking I should just eat oats raw with pp and blueberries?!
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Old Fashioned Quaker Oats (or sometimes Bob's Red Mill), 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, maybe a few walnuts, some chia seeds and always a banana. :)
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I make plain oatmeal and add banana and peanut butter or almond butter. No added sugar. No added spices. I do use almond milk, but only unsweetened.

Banana + Maple Almond butter is really good added in. Plenty of sugar in those toppings.
  • Eliz_99
    Eliz_99 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use plain oats with milk and cook for about 3 mins in the microwave. Then once cooked I stir in a squeeze of golden syrup. It doesn't add that many extra calories and is yummy!
  • lilred_gld
    lilred_gld Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm! Sometimes cinnamon and raisins, or cinnamon and apple. Banana and nuts and shredded coconut.