What is your weird motivations to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    Weird ones...let's see...

1. I want to ride the roller coasters at Cedar Point again (the last time I went I was too big for Millenium Force Q.Q
    2. I want to wear skinny jeans and not have it be ironic.
    3. Never having to hear this pickup line again: "You're pretty good looking, you know...for a "bigger girl".
    4. No more thigh chaffing when I wear a skirt/dress. Oh the pain, oh the agony!~

The one time I got stuck at the top of Superman in Largo, MD. The ride operator had to walk up all the steps. She get to the row in front of me ask" Are you two wearing your seat belt." The two men said no because they were to big for the seat belt to go around them. They were force to not ride it and had to walk down all those step. I was screaming pretending to have a fear of highs.

Weird reason to keep going and lose FAT. Well I like sexy time where the woman cannot contain herself.
  • ryry2169
    ryry2169 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I want to find someone who'd date me - and I think I can pull that off if I wasn't so overweight lololol

Do not feel bad.. My wife is plus sized and I love it! A pretty face with a curvy figure is better than an ugly face on a skinny twig. Take it from a me, a man will not just look at your weight. Your personality and overall demeanor matters so much more. Best of luck to you tracyannk28 :smile:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I want to find someone who'd date me - and I think I can pull that off if I wasn't so overweight lololol

not sure if you want to lose weight, or if that was your REASON for LOSING weight, but regardless, plenty of GOOD guys dont mind a gal with a few extra pounds. And theyre the ones who are more likely to stay and still be happy if you gain weight.

just sayin ' ... ;)

Your statement makes me sad :(
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I read all of these, and I didn't think any of these were weird. Not even the zombie apocalypse answer. What does that say about me?
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options

not sure if you want to lose weight, or if that was your REASON for LOSING weight, but regardless, plenty of GOOD guys dont mind a gal with a few extra pounds. And theyre the ones who are more likely to stay and still be happy if you gain weight.

just sayin ' ... ;)

Don't be sad! I lost 65 pounds and spent $6k on getting my teeth all fixed and still spend the weekends alone wathcing Netflix.

But at least I'm healthier!

• Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    For my tats to not look abnormal
  • joejward95
    joejward95 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not sure how weird it is but I always see it as

"The better shape I am in, the harder I am to kill"

which I find is always a nice motivator!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love to bicycle and I look awful and feel uncomfortable riding when I'm overweight. If you're a woman and bike ride, you'll know what I mean. :p

^this

also, I want to ride ALL the rollercoasters
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy, we have a history of heart disease in our family, open heart surgeries seem to be the "thing" in our family, I don't want to be a part of our zipper club.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I vote for anything Zombie... I don't want to be.. the last in line, the last over the wall, the one they leave behind, FIT and Strong in a world where only they survive... I don't want to be the one screaming wait for me!!!... wait for me!!!!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Run / Ride faster. I'm already fairly fast, but with 60 less pounds, I could be even faster-- and suffer less wear and tear.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

just sayin ' ... ;)

Don't be sad! I lost 65 pounds and spent $6k on getting my teeth all fixed and still spend the weekends alone wathcing Netflix.

But at least I'm healthier!

lol okay then!

envious of the money to get your teeth fixed - i have major dental issues and cant afford to have it done :(
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I vote for anything Zombie... I don't want to be.. the last in line, the last over the wall, the one they leave behind, FIT and Strong in a world where only they survive... I don't want to be the one screaming wait for me!!!... wait for me!!!!

You better hope there not World War Z Zombies.
  • MzShelleRenea
    MzShelleRenea Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    3 1/2 years ago, I was very fit. Then I was raped. I was drugged pretty badly and so was unable to fight back and was left very sick for a few days. I packed on a lot of weight. Now, I'm fighting back by taking care of myself, by lifting weights, walking, nourishing myself. I'm doing other things, of course, but this part of my healing is me saying he doesn't get to control my life or my body anymore.

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    spend the weekends alone wathcing Netflix.
    Amazon Instant Video over here. . . :smile:

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Here's a weird thing that motivated me to lose (I'm a healthy BMI now).
    I was worried that if I had a medical emergency, I'd be too heavy to lift, lol!
    Or if I was in a fire, I couldn't be pulled to safety!
    Is that weird enough?
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    3 1/2 years ago, I was very fit. Then I was raped. I was drugged pretty badly and so was unable to fight back and was left very sick for a few days. I packed on a lot of weight. Now, I'm fighting back by taking care of myself, by lifting weights, walking, nourishing myself. I'm doing other things, of course, but this part of my healing is me saying he doesn't get to control my life or my body anymore.

<3 That's not weird. Im sorry that happened to you, but glad that what you are doing is helping you heal.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Rule #1: Cardio

Have you discovered the Zombies, Run! app?
  • MzShelleRenea
    Options

<3 That's not weird. Im sorry that happened to you, but glad that what you are doing is helping you heal.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I just find that it's not a motivation a lot of people understand or honestly, want to hear about. :)

• MzShelleRenea
    Options
    hapa11 wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Rule #1: Cardio

Have you discovered the Zombies, Run! app?

This app is very cool. It distracted me, so I don't use it but I have friends who love it.