Unsupportive friend... HELP!

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Maybe you and your cat should go to counseling together. There might be some things that she just can't say to you.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    im sorry :smile: want to be friends

sorry sweetie, but my wall would confuse and horrify you at the same time...
  • hilltopsarah
    Options
    thats ok i already seen your wall it: dont scare me:indifferent::smile:
  • CollinsBri
    Options
    Where do I find a motivating goldfish? I must have one. :D
  • Stephendw9
    Stephendw9 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Delete the cat! :laugh:

^^^ this ^^^
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    this post is so cute!.. lol!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Find an animal psychic to read its mind. Luv this thread! :love:
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    The kitty is my sole motiviation for trying to look as good as I can ;)
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    My cat is still a jerk in case you were wondering.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options
    Not as big as you for bumping a useless thread from 3 years ago.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    My cat used to be my best bud too, but then we took her for a little trip to the clinic and she came home a few ounces lighter and she has resented me ever since.....
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Not as big as you for bumping a useless thread from 3 years ago.

It's still relevant, man.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Lol what a cute post.
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    You should have gotten a fish.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Kick her to the curb! You don't need a friend like that! She's just using you for your warm milk and shelter. She's jealous of all your losses and huge gainz. She wants you to just stay with her - sedentary and sitting on the couch, sniffing catnip.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    :huh: Why would you even think of expecting a cat to get involved in your successes? Its not like they can congratulate you or anything Cats have a mind of their own as all animals do. However If you are concerned that your cat does not pay as much attention to you or wont go away from you, this could maybe be that your can may need a little guidence to adjusting to this new part of you. Because all of this self changing yourself may not be what you cat is used to. But dont get angry with a cat.:smile::wink:

Me thinks this post went way over your head.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Desterknee wrote: »
    My cat is still a jerk in case you were wondering.

Actually, all cats are jerks. They should have told you that when you got one, sorry.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    robin, I think you need a few more lessons on image linking.
    The obvious solution is to get your cat on team exercise.

Cat and girl treadmill
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Desterknee wrote: »
    This is really upsetting and I don't know what to do.

So my cat is really not supportive of my weight-loss. She was the last one I expected to act this way. She used to come over to me, hop on my belly, massage my fat, purr, and snuggle. This morning she comes over, puts a paw on my belly, gives me stank-eye and walks away. We barely hang out anymore.

You know what else? When I am clearing a path to do walking lunges she ALWAYS lays down right in the middle of it. And when I put my exercise mat on the floor she sits on it. When I get into push up position, she goes under my belly and gets in my way. SHE IS TRYING TO SABOTAGE ME! Why would she do that?

Do you think my weight loss is making her insecure? I don't understand why she would do this to me. I think I need to confront her but I'm not sure if I'm overreacting.

HELP!!

I feel your pain. My younger cat is mad because I put him on a diet. The brat is 2.5 yrs old and almost 18 pounds! He slept in the laundry basket on the clean clothes instead of in the bed with me last night. But it's ok, my other, skinnier cat slept right next to me. ;)