FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 2!!

Options
HaleyAlli
HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
Welcome to Week 2 everyone, and congrats on completing Week 1! We are well on our way, 11% done!! Here's the link to the plan in case anyone needs it--

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

And here is my updated list (79 MEMBERS!!! WOOT!! :D)--

HaleyAlli
Katrob9
Teebeegeebee
StephanieDuckie
KaeChelle
Heathermrls
Bethany7687
OkieWorkout
Mamato3inca
Htuzzi324
NDBee
Breezey77
Teemo
Zelsawaf
FierceFeline
Skinnymeinaz
Krostron
Leslielove
Cartina21
Lynenz
Nuttylou
Purple1butterfly
Margot18904
JosieMars
Ljc1057
Utgirl1172
Frida001
Katmela
Sarean
Susuzz
Daniedee81
Wildmustng87
Sim987
X_sotonguetied
Tatiana_13
Chaparra81
Allimax2002
DEgal99
Cjw6
Leanz
123nikki123
Makers72
Nessaanne86
Breannk
Angiemcgovern
Fesse
Kimnaaron4ever
Breezymom81
Kmarker8245
Alisonlburrel
Laulauwanwawa
Cyndi146
Alygoo615
Cobylea
Beesknees123
Chika1978
Jaybug77
Slimrb2011
Hgellings
4milesat40
Daisy71
Tarah38
Yary
Vmarie20
Jala9656
NickyJones
Pixietoes
CeejayGee
Melissaol
Maryff
Luvs_choc8
Soogie_lynch
Bells1990
Saphire76
AngiLynn
imxawesome
SLIM195
Craftylatvian
Lucky723

Replies

• Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have been a total failure and not done a single day of week 1 this week - just been so busy with other things - have been doing lots of other exercise though! So, I'll be a week behind you guys but I am going to do it!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Guys! You are doing great!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I completed day 2 of week 1 on Wednesday but I had to cut it short. I got overheated and worn out. Was going to try this today but my knee is a little sore. Going to opt for some upper body strengthening today and hopefully get in my day 3 over the weekend...Good luck on week 2 everyone....Hopefully I will be there soon...
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    w1d3 is today and w2d1 will be monday for me :)

i'm really diggin the thread/group.. makes me feel guilty when i'm lazy and don't wanna run because i have to be accountable. what a concept haha
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Did W3D2 last night. Increased the speed a little and did a brisk walk to complete the total 5k. It was a little tough but I did manage to run the full 3 minutes. Today my abs are really sore and just wondering if anybody else is feeling the same the day after their run.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm doing W1 D3 today.
  • Margot18904
    Margot18904 Posts: 48
    Options
    Just posted on the Week 1 thread but Sunday is W2 D1 for me and I'm really looking forward to it!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 day 3!! YEA!!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    I'm not starting Week 2 until Monday... Tomorrow's my strength training day (I figured out if I alternate C25K with strength training it works out perfectly) and Sunday's my rest day. But I thought this would be nice for those who are already on W2 or ready to move on soon :)
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    W1D3-DONE! Yay me !
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    May I jump in here with you guys? I completed W1D3 Sunday (Mothers Day) but just havent been able to get out there and do any this week, very busy.

I was wondering if I should start over W1 and had just posted on an old thread. But if you guys will take me, I will go ahead and start W2 with yall. :-)
  • Tarah40
    Tarah40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I completed W2 D3 last night. Today I've bought a HRM to see if it helps me to pace myself. Also found out about a beginners running club starting in my area at the beginning of June, think I might give it a try x
  • alygoo615
    alygoo615 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Did W3D2 last night. Increased the speed a little and did a brisk walk to complete the total 5k. It was a little tough but I did manage to run the full 3 minutes. Today my abs are really sore and just wondering if anybody else is feeling the same the day after their run.

Awesome job- I did W3D2 last night also! It was definitely tough but oddly enough I found the second 3 min run easier than the 1st- I think because I knew it was the last run!

I have definitely felt sore abs before while running. Running is amazing because it is a total body workout- your legs get the most work but if oyu put your arms into it when you run you will get a bit of toning there as well. Your core (abs) will get sore because you are using your core to keep your balance and support yourself so that's prob why your abs are sore! I have one more day of W3 before going onto W4 but I might do a couple more days of W3 before switching over. I am doing this about 6 days a week now, but will give myself more rest if needed (I'm sure when I do the later weeks I will need more rest).

I have definitely noticed that pushing through the soreness really helps ironically. There is a difference between muscle soreness and muscle strain though so be careful! If you are in pain- stop. Burn is good and soreness means your muscles are working. If you are in actual pain though, you need to take a rest!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    May I jump in here with you guys? I completed W1D3 Sunday (Mothers Day) but just havent been able to get out there and do any this week, very busy.

I was wondering if I should start over W1 and had just posted on an old thread. But if you guys will take me, I will go ahead and start W2 with yall. :-)

If you feel ready to start W2, more power to you! Welcome! :) You're our 80th member!!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options

If you feel ready to start W2, more power to you! Welcome! :) You're our 80th member!!

How cool, I like that number so Im in!!! Thanks for adding me. :-)

BTW the Cool Running Plan is the one I am using. :-)
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chaparra81
    chaparra81 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am so thankful you created this when you did I am just starting to train for my first 1/2 marathon and today I will complete W1 D3... Thanks for keeping up with us!
  • htuzzi324
    htuzzi324 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on w1d2...wanted to go out yesterday, but ended up falling asleep with the baby. Did it today, and it was soo much better than d1 was. I could have gone a little longer, but it started raining, and I had the baby with me. I feel like I'm doing strength training at the same time, pushing a stroller, haha. D3 on Sunday!
  • Makers72
    Makers72 Posts: 65
    Options
    Did W1D3 today, im looking forward to a more difficult week next week, i thought this week was a bit easy (but everyone is different).